Boiler Room Scams

I noticed Bigbrains (Biodefense promoter) sent me an email from Brett Hamburger @hotmail. The following post http://siliconinvestor.advfn.com/readmsg.aspx?msgid=16247741 lists indictments for people involved in a Boiler Room scam (Euro-Atlantic Securities) in Aug. 2001 being run out of New York. One of the defendants - Brett Hamburger, Del Ray Beach, FL. When Bigbrains started posting he was using a cell phone contact from Ft. Lauderdale, FL (10 min. from Del Ray Beach). Now he is using his NY cell phone as a contact to promote/defend Biodefense, which shows up on T2W Boiler Rooms forum.

Is this all a coincidence? Maybe, but I doubt it.

I noticed Bigbrains (Biodefense promoter) sent me an email from Brett Hamburger @hotmail. The following post http://siliconinvestor.advfn.com/readmsg.aspx?msgid=16247741 lists indictments for people involved in a Boiler Room scam (Euro-Atlantic Securities) in Aug. 2001 being run out of New York. One of the defendants - Brett Hamburger, Del Ray Beach, FL. When Bigbrains started posting he was using a cell phone contact from Ft. Lauderdale, FL (10 min. from Del Ray Beach). Now he is using his NY cell phone as a contact to promote/defend Biodefense, which shows up on T2W Boiler Rooms forum.

Is this all a coincidence? Maybe, but I doubt it.

Careful, he might come over and 'bight' you.

..actually no, he probably thinks Spain is in Mexico.

Careful, he might come over and 'bight' you.

..actually no, he probably thinks Spain is in Mexico.

I probably should be careful. The following Business Week article explains how most of these boiler rooms are run by the mob :cry: http://www.businessweek.com/1996/51/b35061.htm Euro-Atlantic Securities gets a mention as well.

People who lose money and think they can take these guys to court to get their money back should really take a look at this article.

experienced it all but still clueless .your going to look like a fool when biodefense goes public. have fun wasting your time making posts on a message board when you have no idea what you are talking about. you seem like a winner to me..lolololol do your research before you speak.........
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_pwwi/is_200810/ai_n30945532/

http://www.indianaeconomicdigest.net/main.asp?SectionID=31&SubSectionID=64&ArticleID=49623

Why don't you give it up littlebrains. I think this is over. Why is it that you produce an article that is outdated. I thought that this was new technology. In the article, the show to see the biodefense demonstration was held on Oct.29-30, 2008. Why is it that we can't see this demonstration? Or did it ever exist? Anyone with a slight engineering background knows that this will not work with the way it has been described.

You should also produce third party commissioning results, from a reputable independent firm, that this thing works. I am sure that you can make up some phony report. Now that this is said, you can talk to your boss and he can use one of the phony media companies.

I have said this before, usually scammers take two years to prepare a scam,. This sounds about right. Well, littlebrains,It's back to the drawing board and work on the next scam. :cry:

I thought bigbrains was an operator not a little phone jockey. Most of the operators are exbrokers with a little bight of education. Now he wants to go around bighting people. That's not even a typo, it is a complete mispelling. I hope I don't get bight. :LOL::LOL:
This getting too funny.

I am happy that this one was stopped and saved a lot of people from losing money.:clap:

I probably should be careful. The following Business Week article explains how most of these boiler rooms are run by the mob :cry: http://www.businessweek.com/1996/51/b35061.htm Euro-Atlantic Securities gets a mention as well.

People who lose money and think they can take these guys to court to get their money back should really take a look at this article.

I agree. They are four steps ahead of you. They know that you want to take them to court before you know you do.

You pretty much have it. The boiler room operators are losers but they are all connected, other than a few drifters. Scamming has been going on for many years but really received its boost in the early 1980's when they realized how easy it was to get people to part with their money by buying a dream, ie Florida land deals. That is when boiler rooms became more organized.

The best thing is not to part your money with a cold caller.

Been out of touch for a while but glad to see this thread is still live and kicking.

Anybody come across Global Capital? (Globalmergersacquisitions.com)
Others who have tried in the recent past:
Philip Equity Management (philipem.com) and Empire Group
I'll dig out the list of names of all the other idiots who are still contacting me trying to squeeze more out of the Linsure scam and other equally well constructed scams and post them on here. Did anybody manage to put together a list to keep updated? The FSA one was hopeless when I was scammed and I don't think it's improved much since. Still no cross-border policing or legal effort being made to bring these scum in so that we can recover some of our losses. Very depressing but hopefully a few people are being helped by this kind of site.

Been out of touch for a while but glad to see this thread is still live and kicking.

Anybody come across Global Capital? (Globalmergersacquisitions.com)
Others who have tried in the recent past:
Philip Equity Management (philipem.com) and Empire Group
I'll dig out the list of names of all the other idiots who are still contacting me trying to squeeze more out of the Linsure scam and other equally well constructed scams and post them on here. Did anybody manage to put together a list to keep updated? The FSA one was hopeless when I was scammed and I don't think it's improved much since. Still no cross-border policing or legal effort being made to bring these scum in so that we can recover some of our losses. Very depressing but hopefully a few people are being helped by this kind of site.

Hi Droyston
I think we crossed paths before ? Sorry have'nt come across - Global Capital: Philip
Equity: or Empire Group but they all sound smelly . The trouble is that T2W is not
a very good location to broadcast this stuff. Suppose you have looked at the case
of SEC v Benger et al - there ar a few names there that look very like the
scammers you are investigating ! However there is one outfit that was operating
in CHICAGO called Global Corporate Analysis connected to a Mr Philip T Power
of the LAW FIRM Handler Thayer , Whacker St, . This Lawyer, Power, was formerly
the Vice President, Secretary and in house attorney (if you do'nt mind !) of A- Street
Capital Corporation - now defunct - like their associates in Germany -IS Intersecurities/
FSW Europe and FSW SEcurities /Creston Financial . Power & a few associates are
named in the SEC v Benger et al case. You may remember the (safe!) escrow
Lawyer Agnieszka transferred money received from victims of IS Intersecurities /FSW
Europe Frankfurt (whose principals were Iain Richardson - and Frank Blache) to
FPI in Hong Kong . The signatory for FPI a criminal Jerome Hertzberg is in Stanley
Prison Hong Kong doing time for Money Laundering - you can see all the reports
on this by simply googling the names ! !

I haven't replied to the answers I received regarding BioDefense Corp. as I'm waiting to see what transpires at end March! Then it will be my turn to eat humble pie.If not ,then you can. Regards Terry

Madden group inc address 14 Lafayette Square, Buffalo, NY. Can't get them on google maps at this address. Also why would they have their web site registered at Moergestel, Netherlands on 2nd Nov 2009?
Selectatc claim to be Transfer agents registered with SEC. Why are they in Toronto? Also why would they have their web site registered at Moergestel, Netherlands on 2nd Nov 2009?
Yep, same place.
rsou-Regal Resources, Inc. Check them on www.pinksheets.com Last trade date 30th June 2009. 52 week high $160, current price 10c. No info posted, just 1 for 1000 share decrease 28th Aug 2009 when they changed their name from Royal Petroleum Corp which I suspect was rylp? There are news releases about an "option" agreement in an Arizona copper mine but the investment required ....
Put Royal Petroleum Corp in to Google and see what you get. (one ref is to using Biodiesel from 2006, several "companies" are still trying to push Biodiiesel shares!)
I am pretty sure this is all another scam.

I haven't replied to the answers I received regarding BioDefense Corp. as I'm waiting to see what transpires at end March! Then it will be my turn to eat humble pie.If not ,then you can. Regards Terry

Terry,

You do realise that Stratten Wainwright are a recognised boiler room scam, they are on the FSA warning list and have even been mentioned in the papers. The FSA now specifically mentions Biodefence shares as part of the scam. Biodefense have also been taken to court in Texas for illegal activities.

http://www.moneymadeclear.fsa.gov.uk/news/firm/2009_archive/2009_archive.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/ar...HERINGTON-Expats-100-000-Halifax-blunder.html

www.ssb.state.tx.us/Enforcement/fil...res&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&client=firefox-a

Last edited:
can any one tell me anything about this lot

www.selectatc.com

www.maddengroupinc.com

they want to buy shares in rylp or rsou

They want to purchase your shares? Or they want you to purchase from them?

Either way it is a scam but it would be typical timing if they were going around offering to buy RYLP. Some type of stock swap or some other story. They will need some type of up front fee or need you to "cover" the funds until they make the transaction.

I wouldn't waste any time trying to look into it, just ignore the whole deal.

I have been contacted by this company too. I brought some shares in TLAG and now they want me to buy shares in DANR before selling the others at a larger than market price. 25% times larger. There reasn for this is the person wants controllin share so he will pay more to buy lots in one go from all this companys clients. I think ive been done too.
Help!!
New to this forum and new to share dealing so please be kind! Having read through loads of these posts, I am now very nervous as I think I have been caught by this scam. I clicked on a link and then was contacted by erp and associates based in Zurich (bells ringing loud now!) website is
equity-rp.com Have been persuaded (all very gentle) to "invest" in 2 shares kalahari greentech and tri-hub international. Their story was exactly as everyone on here says and their website looks like others that have been scamming. I am in for a few £thousand and now am feeling very very foolish. have received loads of reassurance calls and received a share certificate by UPS (which may be worthless I now realise) I was due to send another lot of money tomorrow for next investment but am now scared witless by all i have read. Please does anyone know of this company? Name sounds similar to other scammers so I am not hopeful. I have been in business all my life and would never have thought I could get caught but I am suspecting the worst.

I have been contacted by this company too. I brought some shares in TLAG and now they want me to buy shares in DANR before selling the others at a larger than market price. 25% times larger. There reasn for this is the person wants controllin share so he will pay more to buy lots in one go from all this companys clients. I think ive been done too.

Yes, this is typical of the scam. They say someone wants to buy out the company and is willing to pay a premium etc. There are NO hostile take overs for companies that no one wants!?! These companies are all negative revenue / cash flow companies.

There was another guy on here that tried to say some b.s. like that (Ramsis) but it doesn't make any business sense in the real world, not with those type of OTC stocks.

The are trying to get you to pay them an advance fee, its the usual follow up to the initial scam. Whatever excuse they, or anyone else, gives you send them no more money, it will just be stolen. I've read stories about people that were hit 5 or 6 times by this type of scam, every time they sent more money to exchange shares or buy warrants or whatever. Some people have lost hundreds of thousands, dont end up being one of them.

I purchased shares in Carat Premium and we all know what happened there
I now have been contacted by company called van broeke consultancy group tellling me they are a legal company and can get all my money back as money held in escrow account and their lawyers can get back money for a fee of 10 % they are based in Brussels and have english phone no. web site www.vanbroekeconsultancygroup.com any one been approached by these ,
Presum it another scam.
Contacted the financial regulator and they informed me because they providing legal service they dont need to be registered with them
Is this just another way of getting around their name not popping up on FSA web site or are they legit.
Any one get smilar contact.

Charlo

Mr. Gordon Chen
San Gabriel Branch
168 West Valley Boulevard,
San Gabriel, CA 91776, USA

Greetings Friend

You may wonder why I am reaching out to you in spite of friends that I have known for years, the singular reason is that I have by the very nature of this proposition and the required confidentiality decided to deal with a person that I have not known before so that we can develop the trust and execute this transaction without a third person knowing.

I would not have used this medium (Internet) but I chose to reach you through it because it is the fastest, surest and most secured medium of communication.However, this correspondence is UN-official and private, and it should be treated as such. I also guarantee you that this transaction is hitch free from all what you may think of..

I am Mr. Gordon Chen of The Bank of East Asia USA, San Gabriel Branch ,California (USA) I am contacting you based on Trust and confidentiality that will be attached to this transaction. The Management and the Legal department of our bank in a recent meeting recommended that the account of MR. DAVID ANGELL, who was one of my branch depositors,should be declared Dormant, confiscated and the depositor's fund sent to the Bank Treasury according to American Banking and financial law.
Mr. David Angell and the wife died in world trade centers a victim of the September 11, 2001 incident that befell the United
States of America . The bank has made series of efforts to contact any of the relatives to claim this money but without success,
you can confirm through this site:

*removed

MR. DAVID ANGELL is an account holder in my branch; he owns a dollar account with the sum of 58.2M (Fifty Eight Million, two Hundred Thousand United States Dollars Only) deposited in a Secret account with my branch .In fact, since his death, no next of kin of the account holder nor any relative of him has shown up for the claim, this is because he has the account as a secret account thus he left all the documents for the deposit with me. The wife whom he signed in as his next of kin died
with him on that fateful and sad day.

This is where I am interested and where I want you to come in. I want you to come in as the relation of the deceased; I will give you the relevant document sand contacts to file the application and then effect the approvals for the transfer of the funds, I will be the one to provide the vital documents for the claims of the money and then advise you exactly how we should handle it.

Please include your telephone/fax number/ Home address when replying this mail and I will give you more information as soon as you indicate your willingness to assist in this transaction. I will use my positions to get all internal documentations to back up the claims. Do not be bothered that you are not related in any way to him as I am in position to affix your name as the next of kin. The whole Procedures will last only 9 working days to get the fund retrieved successfully without trace even in future. After the transfer of the money we shall share the money 60-40, which is I will have 60% while you will have 40%.

Kindly respond promptly so that I can advice you on the next step to follow.

I will be waiting to hear from you.

Yours truly,
Mr. Gordon Chen
San Gabriel Branch
168 West Valley Boulevard,
San Gabriel, CA 91776, USA

~~

The above is a variation on the 419 scam which was a fraud invented in Nigeria and performed by thousands of scam artists.

It's called “Advance fee fraud” or “4-1-9” scams, after an old Nigerian criminal code for theft under false pretenses.

Don't touch it, you WILL lose your money.

Contacted the financial regulator and they informed me because they providing legal service they dont need to be registered with them
Is this just another way of getting around their name not popping up on FSA web site or are they legit.
Any one get smilar contact.

Charlo

Sorry to be rude (but it's for your own financial safety).

The reason they're calling you is because they have you down as a mark, ie someone who easily falls for scammers thinking they can get rich easy and quick.

Trouble is you haven't learned your lesson and are still very much a mark. I say this because above you say 'or are they legit'!

Of course they're NOT LEGIT. Don't you realise these are the same scammers that stole your cash in the first place and are coming back for more because you're so naive? How else do you think they got your telephone number of email address?

Like I said sorry to be harsh but it's for your own good otherwise these scammers will take you again and again and again.

Please learn by your mistakes and note that EVERYONE AND ANYONE that calls you in the future (however charming and nice they are) either offering help re your 'investments', the chance to make the money back that you lost, or offering you the chance (but be quick because there aren't many shares left) to invest in a cure for aids or cancer or a sure fire way to triple your cash buying Gold/Oil/FX options is a scammer. It is THAT simple.......

Hope this helps :)