Boiler Room Scams

Thank you for the introduction , however perhap you can say how Ramsis can be contacted - if this is a genuine recomendation !

NOOOO! Sorry, that was definitely not a sincere recomendation. My apologies, I don´t know what that was in response to but I wouldn´t trust Ramsis.

In fact, I wouldn´t trust anyone who makes any offer on those types of shares.

As long as you never send a payment, it is fine. If there is an up-front fee or some type of payment to release the funds, it is b.s.

NOOOO! Sorry, that was definitely not a sincere recomendation. My apologies, I don´t know what that was in response to but I wouldn´t trust Ramsis.

In fact, I wouldn´t trust anyone who makes any offer on those types of shares.

As long as you never send a payment, it is fine. If there is an up-front fee or some type of payment to release the funds, it is b.s.

Was just about to comment that there were 'funny' posters on T2W . Naturally having
"experienced it all" I certainly would not part with a penny without the 'due dilligence'
needed in the 'investment' environment encountered via Frankfurt & Berlin if you
check out these websites ! It would indicate that there are MORE 'outfits' under
scrutiny by regulators than there are acceptable intermediaries conducting business.
Perhaps a sign for the times in which we live. Thanks anyway experienced_it_all for the correction.

Varning för företag - Finansinspektionen - 09:24 Creston Financial Group GmbH. SFC : www. 2009-07-13. Crestwell Analysis. FSA : www. 2008-06-23. Crestwell Resources Limited ...
Varning för företag - Finansinspektionen - Cached - Similar -

Alert List - Creston Financial Group GmbH - 09:22
Name: Creston Financial Group GmbH (New). Type of Scam: Unlicensed Entities. Address(es): The contact person of Smith Moore & Co, Frank Richard Bell, ...
www.invested.hk/.../InvestEdDisplayCompDetailsServlet?doc... - Cached - Similar -

Thank you.

The company information is the following.

IMC Security
Patents 3D Biometric security Video: Sal Khan
101 rue Saint-Jean-Bosco
Box 1250
Hull Station A-1330
Gatineau
Quebec
Canada

URL : http://www.imcsecurity.com
e-mail : [email protected]
Phone : +1-613-599-7766

It is an IPO.

Due to the international financial crisis the stocks did not become public.

There are some posts about IMC Security in the argusglobal discussion group.

jacqualine and Frankbooy are in the same situation as me.

Please tell me who I can contact to file a complaint.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

So you are retarded:LOL:

You challenged my point of view??? My point of view is "Learn from your experience and do not invest with these companies." Good job Gold!

Are you one of those guys who wants to blame everyone for his own stupidity. Do you have any responsibility in this for not doing due diligence? How come you know so much now (I mean, you are going to bring down all corruption in the SEC/FSA and in the world) but you didn´t do any research before you put 100K into a **** stock???

I´ll bet you get "taken" again at some point.

You can take every con-artist off the street today. Tomorrow, there will be just as many as there were today. SOLVES NOTHING.

But if you educate people to not get involved, it won´t matter how many con-artists there are. PROBLEM SOLVED.

My final piece of advice to you Gold - You can keep trying to control other people´s situations, or you can take control of your own. In reality, you can only control your own actions.

O K point taken - so what has that achieved ? ? ? You may or may not recollect that we
were into a new ball game in the late '90's with the EU Internal Market Commissioner
pushing out the boat for 'inter state' trading through 'passporting' & MiFID. You are
right , the CON ARTIST availed of all of that and fraudelently operated a scheme which
has/had global dimension. Sure I can only control my own actions - but having been
scammed & where our funds have been used for MONEY LAUNDERING are you hinting
that I/we should not pursue every avenue to seek redress and to HIGHLIGHT the names
of the scammers and their accomplices.

Firstly a thank you - I've been researching using the site and this thread amongst others has been very helpful. In the hope this may help a few more people I've just joined t2w and I will list what I've been doing over the last 24 hrs.

A good friend told me yesterday how his investments were doing. He told me of some stock he'd bought, gave me a few details and said I should check it out. I did, but I didn't like the feel of it so started digging.

It transpired he had been cold called. They had a web site in Switzerland and a nice man offering him a great deal.

The stock was in a company called Ventana Biotech - VNTA.PK, there's plenty of stuff on the web about them and they have been heavily touted in recent months re new products, takeovers, key personel getting on board etc. Sounds good.

The shares are pinks which is what made me think twice as I know they carry restrictions.

Turning to the Broker, website didn't look great - Global Advisory Partners. Checked the address in Google Earth, looked like a back street in the red light district. Reverse checked the IP address, owner registered in the NL (yeah right) but hidden and the web host is in Singapore. Site registered in July this year. Server hosts 3 other "firms", all claiming to be Swiss based, all the addresses are either above restaurants or shops and look like mail drops. Street view on Google Earth is a wonderful tool if you want to check something out.

The other companies were Swiss Key Equity, Equity Research Partners & SFR-Invest. Swiss Key popped up as a scam via Google and is just on the FSA warning list, a version of Global appears there also, but it's Group not Partners.

One nice touch, if you copy and paste the blurb from their websites much has been wholesale pinched from Killick and Co or a legit US company in the case of Swiss Key.

None of the companies seem to be regulated in Switzerland and the only financial info I can find on them shows a very small operating capital, literally enough to open a PO Box.

I've dug up a few names, phone numbers, banks etc that may be unwittingly linked to these boys.

My suspicion was they were operating from Spain but one of their email headers throws back to Anglesey of all places so if anyone can fill this gap in I'd appreciate it.

I'm unclear as yet as to whether he will get share certificates in what looks a genuine business, however if he does I suspect by the time they can be sold the price will be zilch. It is possible he will get nothing from the broker and they have taken his money straight off. Luckily (!!) he hasn't invested much so it wasn't hard to break the news to him. I know they will try for more now and he'll probably get a call trying to buy his shares further down the line but at least he's ready for it.

If you are approached by any of these Swiss brokers (or any other cold caller full stop), don't even be tempted for one second. If you've already had dealings, I'm sorry to bring bad news but I believe you have done your money and you should provide the FSA and Op Archway with whatever details you can asap. I'm happy to assist with other details I've dug up should anyone on here need it.

My friend is a savvy bloke and careful with his cash (normally), if they can pull him in then they must be making zillions.

Hope this isn't too long, sorry! Once again thank you to the posters on here for the clues which helped me throw this together.

Pinks Stink Sept 3 '09

Pinks sure do STINK - have a look at the following website !

Regulation S Restricted Shares - A Curse On Non US Investors.
22 Sep 2004 ... Regulation S shares are a curse on any investor not from the USA.
Regulation S Restricted Shares - A Curse On Non US Investors. - Cached - Similar -

(2)
Is derestriction of shares necessary for - VRI Open Discussion forum
INTERNATIONAL BOILER ROOM STOCK SCAMS : DERESTRICTION FEES - Is derestriction of shares necessary for a stock to be sold? The facts on Rule 144 : Replies ...
VRI Open Discussion forum... - Cached - Similar -

There is an outfit SAS - Swiss Atlantic Securities (names associated are Greg Scott Rullo - Info Field Investment Honk Kong and Rory Dwyer - both formerly FSW Securities GmbH & Creston Financial Group FSW/Creston have gone 'belly up'. ) allegedly 'registered' in Switzerland. Dwyer had been targeting former clients of names accumulated by IS Intersecurities/Intersecurities Europe/ FSW Europe which morphed into FSW Securities and Creston Financial Group . Another interesting observation is that Creston Financial Group, Berlin is undergoing Insolvency proceedure in Berlin . Yet the name appears again allegedly with an address in Hong Kong & associated with Smith Moore and their representative Frank Richard. It is reported that they are targeting potential investors in Hungary ! Seems an alert by all EU State Financial Regulators would not go astray !
The question I pose whether Swiss Atlantic Securities , Switzerland have any connection with Swiss Key Equity, Equity Research Partners & SFR-Invest ? ? ?
Hope these comments may be helpful .

you've got mail!

From Regina Omaru
Abidjan. Cote dIvoire,
West Africa.

Hello dearest,
I deep it a respect and humble submission, I beg to state the following few lines for your kind consideration, I hope you will spare some of your valuable minutes to read the following appeal with sympathetic mind. I must confess that it is with great hopes, joy and enthusiasm that I write you this email which I know and believe by faith that it must surely find you in good condition of health.

My name is Regina Omaru, I am the only child of my late parents Chief. Mr. Kazang Omaru. My father was a highly reputable business magnet who operated in the capital of Ivory Coast during his days.

It is sad to say that he passed away mysteriously in France during one of his business trips abroad on the 12th September 2007. Though his sudden death was linked or rather suspected to have been masterminded by an uncle of mine who travelled with him at that time. But God knows the truth! My mother died when I was just 6yrs old, and since then my father took me so special.

Before the death of my father on September 2007, he called me and informed me that he has the sum of Five Million, Six Hundred thousand United State Dollars.(USD$5,600,000.00) he deposited in a private Bank here in Abidjan Cote D'Ivoire.. He told me that he deposited the money in my name, and also gave me all the necessary legal documents regarding to this deposit with the Bank,

I am just 22 years old and a university undergraduate and really don't know what to do. Now I want an honest and GOD fearing partner overseas who I can transfer this money with his assistance and after the transaction I will come and reside permanently in your country till such a time that it will be convenient for me to return back home if I so desire. This is because I have suffered a lot of set backs as a result of incessant political crisis here in Ivory coast.

The death of my father actually brought sorrow to my life. I also want to invest the fund under your care because I am ignorant of business world.

I am in a sincere desire of your humble assistance in this regards.Your suggestions and ideas will be highly regarded.

What percentage of the total amount in question will you take after the fund has being transferred to your account and I come over to meet you?

Please, consider this and get back to me as soon as possible. Immediately I confirm your willingness, I will send to you my Picture and also inform you more details involved in this matter.

Kind Regards,
Regina Omaru.

Pinks

Sorry to hear about your friend but he's not as savvy as you say. If he was it would have only taken him 5 minutes to find out who he was dealing with, or rather something was fishy.

This is the main point I and others have been banging on about in this thread. DO YOUR DUE DILIGENCE INTO WHO YOU'RE DEALING WITH. And with the internet this is easier than ever.

And the due diligence can be used for a lot of things, for example, how many people have been stuffed up with expensive mortgages or PPI simply because they didn't do their own due diligence.

Anyway, thanks for the names of those involved, that means they'll now show up on a Google search and that means your post will stop someone, maybe even a few people, being conned.

thanks gents,

re my friend,

what I meant was that he is normally very shrewd and careful but yes I can see he has been a bit daft here. I suspect the profits and the way they hooked him with what looks a legitimate company overcame his doubts.

He's away for a few days but I have a few bits I need to check with him which might bring some more details. I will post if I get anything. I'm still intrigued by this guy in Anglesey (or close) who I tracked through an email.

ty gold for those names etc, I have not seen any of those on my travels to date, I suspect all of the names I have picked up will either be minnows or fake names . I didn't post this originally but I read somewhere that the Mafia my be involved in some of these operations, has this ever been mentioned ?

Just a point on the 4 businesses on that Singapore server, two don't look at this stage to have been used for scams as I cannot find any references directly to them on the net. It's possible these may be the next names that will be used or maybe they are legit :) The web sites are up though, both Zurich based, both using the same patter and the addresses are the usual over a shop type iffy places.

Cheers & happy scam hunting

thanks gents,

Just a point on the 4 businesses on that Singapore server, two don't look at this stage to have been used for scams as I cannot find any references directly to them on the net. It's possible these may be the next names that will be used or maybe they are legit :) The web sites are up though, both Zurich based, both using the same patter and the addresses are the usual over a shop type iffy places.

Cheers & happy scam hunting

A better way to check out a website is to see how long the domain has been registered and if less than 2 years, 99% chance scam. especially as most of the scam websites will say the company has been in business 15 years etc.

Check a domain here Whois lookup and Domain name search

Another easy way to spot the scam is when paying money it won't be to the broker, rather some strange company bank account in Hong Kong or the Seychelles. Sure, they'll have an excuse for this, probably tax, but still alarm bells should ring.

everyonerrich ! !

Ms Regina Omaru " appeal" !

Is there NO way that the stuff signed by Ms Regina Omaru can be intercepted and scrubbed . I get enough of this CRAP on my mail daily which of course is immediately DELETED : suppose the avaricious (like myself & one of the licenced 'boiler rooms' after the grooming can get caught) & inquisitive guys invite this kind of thing . Could T2W please remove this B....S. ?

Scams?

Hey, did anyone ever hear of Swiss Management Consulting? I had a few headed notepaper correspondence with them after Jill Jameson persuaded me to
go through an 'escrow agent' and fax one thousand pounds to Florida,
for shares in Red Reef Laboratories, which has a legitimate webside for
a year and a few months, then they merged with another company.
I was persuaded one year later, to part with another 1445 pounds to buy
926 shares in Evolution Global Capital Partners inc. The two certificates today
look to be worth nothing - woes. And with money left in shares from my grandfather,given to me after father dies. And i put 2000 into Carnaby Feature
Films, a project called A Bridge of Lies, which became 'Caught In the Act'
Anyone heared of any of these?
Don't like to give up.:

Hey, did anyone ever hear of Swiss Management Consulting? I had a few headed notepaper correspondence with them after Jill Jameson persuaded me to
go through an 'escrow agent' and fax one thousand pounds to Florida,
for shares in Red Reef Laboratories, which has a legitimate webside for
a year and a few months, then they merged with another company.
I was persuaded one year later, to part with another 1445 pounds to buy
926 shares in Evolution Global Capital Partners inc. The two certificates today
look to be worth nothing - woes. And with money left in shares from my grandfather,given to me after father dies. And i put 2000 into Carnaby Feature
Films, a project called A Bridge of Lies, which became 'Caught In the Act'
Anyone heared of any of these?
Don't like to give up.:

Have a look at the following website
Swiss blacklist (www.swissmoney.net)7 Aug 2009 ... Swiss Financial Group, Zurich. Swiss Key Equity Consult AG, Zug. Swiss Management Consulting, Zug. Swiss Net Bank, Zurich ...
www.swissmoney.net/brief5.htm - Cached - Similar -

according to this Swiss Management Consulting though a registered entity in the Companies register is not authorised/licenced to conduct investment transactions.
authorised :
Red Reef Laboratories, following is a report you may have seen
" DEERFIELD BEACH, Fla., Jan. 8, 2007 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Red Reef Laboratories International, Inc. (Pink Sheets:RRLB) announced today many investors and brokers have inquired on the procedures for converting shares held in Red Reef Labs (RREF) to receive the benefit of the 6 for 1 split (RRLB) effective January 5, 2007; management feels obliged to attempt to make the process clear.

-- The original, pre-split shares held in certificate form need to be sent into the transfer agent, Pacwest Transfer, LLC, to be redeemed for the post-split shares.

-- Any shares already held in brokerage accounts via the Depository Trust Company ("DTC") should automatically adjust without any action needed on your part. It typically takes two to four days for delivery of the additional shares.

The new post-split shares have a new CUSIP number and stock symbol; (RRLB).

Forward-Looking Statements

Certain statements in this news release may contain 'forward-looking' information within the meaning of the Federal securities laws. All statements, other than statements of fact, included in this release may include forward-looking statements that may involve risks and uncertainties. There can be no assurance that such statements will be accurate and actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such statements. The Company undertakes no obligation to update forward-looking statements to reflect subsequently occurring events or circumstances or to reflect unanticipated events or developments.

To access more information, please visit our web site rrlabs.biz "

Dr. Claus Wagner Bartak
(954) 725-9475

Evolution Global Capital Partners, Carnaby Feature, A Bridge of Lies, Caught in the Act. need to be investigated .

It is not clear the location where you were targeted and the dates : also the name of the 'Secure' escrow "lawyer" to whom you sent your money. Depending on the methods used by the 'intermediary" '....? cold call etc - it has all the appearances of a 'boiler room' SCAM and all information regarding the matter should be passed to the Serious Fraud Office or similar agency wherever you live. You should prepare a detailed statement for your local police and request it be transmitted to Interpol.
If the outfits who contacted you used deception , portraying themselves as 'high street' stockbrokers and did not explain all the detail - for example that Red Reef Laborataries were a Regulation S share , restricted, subject to certain rules and most likely would not be tradeable even when the restriction was lifted, if in fact you could have it derestricted then they were guilty and in breach of duties owed to you as an investor, BUT the 'boiler rooms' are totally devoid of any kind of moral or legal duty and are "HERE TODAY AND GONE TOMORROW" ! So you will have to seek other means of seeking redress like the Financial Regulator or the Police.

Xenia

Sorry to hear aboyt your losses, and don't kid yourself that your shares are worth anything as you're been 100% scammed.

Please learn from your mistakes and NEVER again buy shares from strangers in companies you have no understanding of. And anyone and everyone that calls you in the future will be trying to scam you because you keep falling for the lies and are easily temped by the fact you think you can make easy money.

Sorry to sound harsh but it's for you own good. But look at the paradox here - I'm nasty to you but SAVE you money, the conmen however are nice anc charming but they steal your cash!

Alpha Securities/Centamin Egypt

Phoned by Jack Dawson, follow up by Peter Jackson, from Alpha Securities.(alpha-securities.com) FSA reg 206700 which lists them as Greek with EEA authorisation, means they can trade in other EEC countries I think. However when you check the FSA "list of unauthorised overseas firms operating in the UK" the name Alpha Securities appears again. I have asked the FSA twice for an explation of how an approved firm can appear on the non approved list, but as yet I have not received an answer. It may well be that they are 2 different firms with the same name, not impossible in the current scam market.
Now I am not saying that Alpha Securities is a boilerroom. However they show all the signs. Initially I was offered Centamin Egypt (ticker CEY on AIM) @ 79p as they had bought them at 75p on the back of institutional investors (classic scam ploy), current market price 83.25p, an instant 4.25p profit. I delayed and the value rose to 93p so I said I would be interested in a straight buy/sell and pocket the profit. "Can't do that, we are an investment firm so you have to let the shares sit for a while." Said not interested so goodbye. Next thing I get a call from their brokerage dept., offering me the shares at 93p, with a small discount. Told them not interested. My only real complaint, apart from the initial cold call, is that they keep on phoning me and the shares are now about £1.
This strikes me as classic boilerroom behaviour. They claim to be a well established company and so it would appear ars the FSA reg goes back to 2001, but if nothing else they are excessively agressive. If the deal is so good why are they trying so hard to sell it?
Now also be advised that there is another AlphaSecuurities.com.sa (Australia) so be careful not to confused with whom you are dealing.
Has anybody any relevaant info? Do I hear Anley sharpen his typing finger!
Make up your own mind.

Last edited:
Drake Investment/Ventana Biotech

It's me again with another warning.
Phone call this am from Peter Shields from Drake Investment Group, based in Zurich, offering Ventana Biotech (ticker VTNA on Nasdaq pink sheets), hoping to get full listing soon. Appparently they have an anti obesity hormone treatment in the form of a gum. Currrent share price 55c, pay 1% commission on buy, no other charges, suggesting price of $2 in 2 months, $3.50 in 9 months. Again claims 55c is on the back of institutional investors, though the current market price is 49c. All business done on paper by post. Asked if shares were restricted, told no.
All sounds very good. Now this is where it gets dodgy. He asked if I was on line, I said not at present but I would check it out later. Panic mode. Why would you delay? Buy now check later! "My other clients are buying in $50000 lots, reinvesting the money they made on my previous recommendation (didn't catch the share name) which went from £15 to £27 in 7 months. how could you miss this opportunity?" Yeh right! Like I am going to invest on a 5 min phone call. He was very upset when I asked him if he thought I was stupid. He obviously thought I was but was forced to tell a lie!! Said he would phone back this afternoon but I won't be holding my breath.
Checked VTNA on Pink Sheets -- Electronic Quotation and Trading System for OTC Securities, (I have it on favourites), & it was certainly worth a look. There are 5 filings, all received in June 09. Para 3,Page 7 of "Initial company info & disclosure statement" reads "we are a shell company, therefore the exemption offered pursuant to Rule 144 is not available. Anyone who purchased securities .. .. not involving a public offering cannot sell such securities in an open market transaction". To me that means the shares are restricted!
There are 55m odd shares issued out of 200m authorised, which currently values the company at 55m *55c = $30.25m. The intellectual property cost them £50k, there are 2 employees, they lost $147k last year, they are registered in Nevada yet their office is in Switzerland, their transfer agent is in Canada, their accountant in California, their lawyer in Colorado.They have been in business in various forms since 1998, including time share yachting, a dating agency, and now they are market leaders in obeisity treatment. Get a life!!
From their news page: "On 09/09/09, Ventana Biotech Inc. (OTC:VNTA), a biotechnology company developing medicated chewing gums, announced it has signed a deal with GTMC, a Korean distribution company, for the distribution of Ventana's appetite suppressant and stress reducing chewing gums."
Sounds good but I'm afraid I'm letting this one go. I wonder why?
It just goes to prove that if you take the time to look the internet is a good tool.
Anybody alse heard of these guys?

See everyone Ken approaches the game correctly as it's all about research + common sense. Apply a touch of those and it's hard to go wrong.

Ken - with that AIM stock what these brokers normally do is underwrite a large block directly from the company at a steep discount and then flog it to their clients with amazing stories of the future prospects etc.

However, it's my opinion they really couldn't care what happens in the future, that's not in their business model. Instead all they're interested in is dumping their shares on their poor investors and once that's done the juicy profits have been banked. Yet more proof if it was ever needed that those working in the financial markets have only one aim - to use their clients to generate their profits with little regard to what happens afterwards.

As for their FSA registration, pretty typical of the totally useless FSA not to respond because there's a gaping hole in the European registration process. What this means is if you're regulated by your country's financial regulator you're auto regulated by the FSA.

So in this case a Greek firm regulated by the Greek equiv. FSA is theoretically registered here. Many in the financial markets have raised this before but of course nothing gets done as the FSA are more intererested in going after 1-man financial advisors for not filling in their forms correctly.

Watch it everyone as -

Drake Investment Group

is a boiler room operation setup to steal investors cash.

Look at the website for proof, it was first registered in July 2009 - hardly a long established business as they try to make out.

Drakeig.com - Drake I g

YOU'VE ALL BEEN WARNED

Phone call this am from Peter Shields from Drake Investment Group, based in Zurich, offering Ventana Biotech (ticker VTNA on Nasdaq pink sheets), hoping to get full listing soon. Appparently they have an anti obesity hormone treatment in the form of a gum.

This is text book scam talk so pay attention everyone.

A small company that's found a 'miracle cure' for fat people :)

I can only image the crap the thieving conmen salespeople will be sprouting with that one.

The stock is sure to double, tripple - EASY MONEY!

You've all been warned - stay away from cold calling conmen who try to sell small stocks with amazing stories.

PS. I just wish one of the thieves from "Drake Investment Group" would call me, I'd string them along for weeks :)