Boiler Room Scams

I'm stinging along so many of these B ast ards that i nearly have to keep notes.
I take so many strange phone calls that my wife is getting suspecious of me.
Between potential land in Kent UK and futures options on Gold, mysterious buyout and takeover of my worthless shares in Australia Forest industries AUFI pink sheets , numerous bio teck start up companies, other hot tips, all from total strangers who mysteriously ring me up to make me a lot of money.

Nice one Adrian.

If you can, try to get their bank account details then email them to 'Operation Archway', the Police unit that's looking into the scammers AND I might add dragging a few of the conmen to court.

Also, why not email or call the bank in question and tell them the account is being used for fraud and money laundering, ie lot's of £2,000 - £20,000 deposits mainly from the UK before the cash is wired out again, or taken out via ATMs usually in Bangkok.

Thanks Anley,

yes, I always send bank details, phone nos etc. to head office of bank, telling them that their bank is used for laundering stolen money. and that I have also informed the following :-Scotland yard, the FSA, FBI, CIA, and in one particular case, homeland Security in the USA as the particular "stock Broker" has used the idea of homeland security as to why I could not find his firm on Google Search. He has stopped talking to me since I informed him that I had contacted Homeland Security and that homeland Security were asking for him. I thought from our conversation that they knew each other and were on first names basis.

Thanks Anley,

and in one particular case, homeland Security in the USA as the particular "stock Broker" has used the idea of homeland security as to why I could not find his firm on Google Search. He has stopped talking to me since I informed him that I had contacted Homeland Security and that homeland Security were asking for him.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Bridge Bio Research

And once more from the top...
Call from John Dobbs on behalf of Bridge Bio Research. claims he is FSA registered but didn't have his number to hand. Checked FSA register and no John Dobbs registered, though there are 3 John Dodds. Anyway, very convincing, very affable, phoned back to check if e-mail arrived, took rejection very well, might be genuine, you decide. Bridge plan to list on Plus market in 2-3 weeks, & their application is on the Plus site, offered to me at 88p with a listing target of 102p, future target 180p. Modest ambitions but a tidy profit on a 10k share min investment. Own 10 drug patents in the diabetes and obesity market. Listed their bank as HSBC, 70 Piccadilly, London with all the swift codes and account numbers. All sounds great but as usual I didn't invest. Just checked again on Google and came up with a reference to a news item that Genova Biotherapeutics Inc had pulled out of a deal with Bridge.
Monday, 21 September 2009
(OTCBB: GVBP.OB) - GENova Biotherapeutics Inc. ("GENova") today announced that it has ceased the relationship with Bridge BioResearch PLC and unconditionally retract the announcement made earlier this month and GENova further announced that Mr. Anders Bogh Jensen, Chief Science Officer of Bridge BioResearch PLC, will not be serving on the GENova's Scientific Advisory Board.
Further there is another article suggesting Genova is a "pump & dump" scheme.
Now as I say this proves nothing about Bridge, maybe they are fully legit and are well out of Genova, time will tell.

Hi Anley,

John richards @ Abacus Investments never stops ringing me offering Land

Cheers

Phil

Hi Ph1lly,
my advise .. Stay away from abacus investments.
BUT
if you are intent on on vesting, drive to where ever they are recommending, look at the site, go to the planning office and ask, ask the locals. Ask to meet other investors, speak to the potential developers they are always talking about.
THEN decide.

99% of the companies that sell potentially development land, so called land banking firms are scams. Just read ALL the horror stories on the web. Plenty of niave people, who didn't do their OWN INDEPENDENT research got stuffed up, hopefully they'll learn these 2 invaluable lessons -

1) NO company or person working in that company can be initially trusted these days, they have to earn that trust, and
2) Always do your own independent research - this is really the key

And what's so great about point 2 is that with the internet and message boards like this, good, solid research is easy

Hi Kenmar 1952

The reason the property is so cheap to buy is that no one wants to buy it.

BUT
if you are keen to buy . ... fly to USA and see the property for yourself. Talk to the locals, the neighbours, the local property editor in the local paper.

By the way ... how did they get your name.? phone no ?

Hi Adrian123456,
Where did they get my name?
Same place they got yours, off a list of shareholders who bought in to dodgy companies in the past. I have actually been contacted by financial authorities warning me that my name is on one of these lists.
I believe another way they generate these lists is to phone shareholders in LEGIT companies offering them stock market reports.
Unfortunately once you are on these lists they are sold to dodgy dealers worldwide and you can't get off them. They must have made a fortune selling my name as I get new calls virtually daily.
The majority of calls at present are from companies offering to freeze my debts and save me money. They claim to be authorised by the UK Ministry of Finance. I do not know how this works: apparently your interest is frozen so you then make reduced payments and all this money goes to repaying capital, so what happpens to the interest? Surely it still has to be paid? It may be frozen but it hasn't gone away. The companies claim to be phoning everyone in the UK to offer this service.
Do I believe that? No

Hi Anley,
John richards @ Abacus Investments never stops ringing me offering Land

This lot phoned me up for the first time the other day. Sounds like I can expect to hear from them again. I'd love to know who sold them my phone number, as I'm very selective about who I give it to.

Hi Everyone....Look who has come to the attention of the Financial Regulator in Hong Kong . see website below.
Our Old and Former friends at Interecurities...no I mean FSW Europe...... no I mean Creston Financial Group. Frankfurt.. + their side kick....Frank Richard Bell of Smith Moore & Co.,

Name: Creston Financial Group GmbH
Type of Scam: Unlicensed Entities
Address(es): The contact person of Smith Moore & Co, Frank Richard Bell, uses mail and fax handling services provided by a secretarial company in Hong Kong located at 21/F, ICBC Tower, Citibank Plaza, 3 Garden Road, Hong Kong.
Remarks: The company offers investment services and appears to target Hungarian investors. The company offered a mutual fund called Strategic Opportunity Fund which is not authorised by the SFC and investors are asked to use a clearing house named Smith Moore & Co for settlement.
Add Date: 13 July 2009

FI Fraud: HK SFC adds name to warned list. / FI Frauds / Sanctions, Enforcement, Closures, FI Frauds / BIScom - World Money Laundering Report: Online

If you are Hungarian + can read English or use Babel translator -----Stay away from Strategic Opportunity Fund , if it is as good as anything else they did, you will loose money. But then if you loose your money..Look at their bright side.=:LOL: they get big bonuses--- like Farrari cars.

This would be Paul Richard Bell and his group, working out of Thailand. Same one arrrested in London, July, 2008, for Green World Solutions. This guy never surprises me. He is into everything as long as he can take your money. This is a well organized group.

You dont think Sven has fallen for something similar do you with Swiss Commodity Holding AG? Dodgy website, no contact details, say they have 97 billion of a portfolio, shares will be worth millions when they float etc etc.

Man behind Notts County deal has £2m assets frozen | Football | The Guardian

This sounds too good to be true, 97 billion portfolio, shares will be worth millions, assets frozen, dodgy website, :sneaky:. If it sounds too good to be true, well, (n). Once they have your money, with no contact details,,don't call us, they will call you When????:sleep:

The AG name is suspicious. Is it connected with the ALV Capital in Hong Kong? If it is, :cry: www.alv-ag.de

Check out all of the bogus comments and stories connected with the name or partial initials. For sure a telltale sign. Their IT dept. has been working in OT to cover up the real stories.

why would anyone ever buy anything from a cold call?

I don't know, but many people do, or these people would not be so succesful in stealing peoples money. When you hear the term "No contact details" that's a for sure sign that the poor sucker has been scammed. Overseas and offshore is another warning to tell the scammer where to go. If you don't know them, stay away. You have no legal recourse with someone in another country and you usually will find an empty room. The scammer has usually routed the telephone line through the empty rooms address is calling from a nearby location, sometimes in a nearby building. This gives him a warning to get away. And the 96 billion portfolio, and the firm doesn't have enough money to set up an office in the same country. The best is still to know who you are dealing with. If they won't give you that, then save youself the trouble and stay away.

It´s more than a scam, it´s a joke! An unknown firm with 96B in assets that has no contact details??? There is no firm that is "unknown" with 96B in assets. Common sense says this is b.s.

By the way, I looked up the contact number for Swiss Commodity Holding AG and it is a Bahrain number, that should be enough of a red-flag to stay away.

Last edited:
Hi Kenmar,

thanks for your post. I am also getting calls from these people trying to sell Centamin. Now that I have seen your post I know these guys are scammers.

regards

Phoned by Jack Dawson, follow up by Peter Jackson, from Alpha Securities.(alpha-securities.com) FSA reg 206700 which lists them as Greek with EEA authorisation, means they can trade in other EEC countries I think. However when you check the FSA "list of unauthorised overseas firms operating in the UK" the name Alpha Securities appears again. I have asked the FSA twice for an explation of how an approved firm can appear on the non approved list, but as yet I have not received an answer. It may well be that they are 2 different firms with the same name, not impossible in the current scam market.
Now I am not saying that Alpha Securities is a boilerroom. However they show all the signs. Initially I was offered Centamin Egypt (ticker CEY on AIM) @ 79p as they had bought them at 75p on the back of institutional investors (classic scam ploy), current market price 83.25p, an instant 4.25p profit. I delayed and the value rose to 93p so I said I would be interested in a straight buy/sell and pocket the profit. "Can't do that, we are an investment firm so you have to let the shares sit for a while." Said not interested so goodbye. Next thing I get a call from their brokerage dept., offering me the shares at 93p, with a small discount. Told them not interested. My only real complaint, apart from the initial cold call, is that they keep on phoning me and the shares are now about £1.
This strikes me as classic boilerroom behaviour. They claim to be a well established company and so it would appear ars the FSA reg goes back to 2001, but if nothing else they are excessively agressive. If the deal is so good why are they trying so hard to sell it?
Now also be advised that there is another AlphaSecuurities.com.sa (Australia) so be careful not to confused with whom you are dealing.
Has anybody any relevaant info? Do I hear Anley sharpen his typing finger!
Make up your own mind.

It´s more than a scam, it´s a joke! An unknown firm with 96B in assets that has no contact details??? There is no firm that is "unknown" with 96B in assets. Common sense says this is b.s.

By the way, I looked up the contact number for Swiss Commodity Holding AG and it is a Bahrain number, that should be enough of a red-flag to stay away.

You'd better tell Sven, seems he's counting on it for his paycheck.

Anyone have any info. on Nano Tech Industries, Inc. (NNTH.PK). I thought I saw something on here but I couldn´t find it (only 177 pages to look through!). I can tell from looking at it that this company is a piece of garbage but I just wanted to know if anyone else was getting offers of "unpaid dividends"? A friend of mine was sent Warrants to buy at a discount (just needs to send 50K for the shares!). The transfer agent is American Heritage Stock Transfer, Inc. They said they were taking over and discovered an unpaid dividend. The stock is trading at $3.50 with practically no volume. I am sure this is another "legal" scam as the transfer agent has filed with the SEC and the stock is on the Pink Sheets, but I am sure the price will just fall until it splits and then fall again. By the way, the authorized shares and warrants are "unlimited".

Any additional info. or experiences would be appreciated.

(Off-subject)
p.s. If anyone followed CIT (NYSE:CIT) I would be the first to say I was wrong on that one. I guess even the NYSE and SEC run boiler rooms now. Positive news of buyouts came out the day of the restructure deadline and the stock flew up on huge volume to $2.20 ... then 5 minutes after the close (when only a few after hours brokers were trading) negative news was released that all the previous news was "just wrong" and the company was on the verge of bankruptcy again. By the time the stock opened during regular hours it was at the $1.20 range. What a load of crap!!! I got in at around $1 so I didn´t lose but I wasted a whole bunch of opportunity cost on that POS!!

Medisys Corporation/john Stokes

This is a real beauty!
Call this am from a foreign sounding bloke whose name I couldn't catch, Hans or suchlike. Told me he had spoken to me 8 months ago recommending Mosaic Company at $35. I would never buy at that price but he told me they got out recently at $120. Absolutely amazing profit! but what's this?After this call I checked the NASDAQ for MOS and there in black & white is the 52 week high/low range shown as $59.34/$21.94. No sign of $120?
He went on to extol the merits of Medisys Corp., (MDYO), Medical hardware software co. etc. I was not really listening.Listed at $5 but got a load of stock for institutional investors and will get me in at £3. Immediate alarm bells. Highly recommended and should go to $8 in 2 to 3 months. While he talked I was on Nasdaq and pink sheets and there is MBYO on Grey market, last trade $5 in July! Asked him if the share was fully tradeable on the main market and he said yes. I asked why had I found it on Pink Sheets and he said that is not possible. I said you are talking C..p and I then had the pleasure of him yelling down the phone that he was a proffessional etc and I knew nothing and was rude etc. I asked for more details of his name and his company and he shouted some more before hanging up!
I thought I had blown it as I had not got his name, but lucky me, 5 mins later I get a call from John Stokes from Wilson IG, same company based in Brussels for tax reasons, same sales pitch. Talked about a "secure trade line" as required by SEC, and T+5, ie 5 days to settle trade, or carry out due diligence. Payment to Medisys through AAA bank, he gets his commission when I sell. Yea, right!
As you can all see this is a total scam. the phrase " getting you in on the back of institutional investors" is a dead giveaway.When I mentioned pink sheets he again went no way until I started reading of the details to which he said "This isn't going to work, is it Ken?" and hung up.
Unfortunately the company name does not check out. Wilson IG appears to be a legitimate company in USA, not a financal rip off merchant in Brussels! So I appear to have got that wrong or maybe they deliberately misled me?
Anyway don't touch Medisys.

Here's the company info from PinkSheets. By the way their last filing was received Jan 07 for the quater to Sept 06. If you bought without reading this or knowing it was a grey market company then I'm sorry, but we have all been there which is why we are on this forum.

MediSys Corp.
800 Village Square Crossing
Suite 201
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410

http://www.medisyscorp.com

Phone: 561-622-5889
Fax: 561-656-2099
MediSys Corporation provides medical technology solutions to physicians in the internal medicine, family practice and general practice markets by offering innovative practice enhancement tools in the form of unique systems or modules. These easily integrated modules enable doctors to provide superior medicine while improving revenues and profits by leveraging their exiting infrastructure.

OTC Market Tier
Grey Market
Primary SIC — Industry Classification
8093 - Specialty outpatient clinics, misc
State Of Incorporation
DE
Jurisdiction Of Incorporation
United States
Year Of Incorporation
Company Officers
Joshua Konigsberg, CEO, President
Brian Gibson, Vice President