Best UK Spread betting company

vasanthan

I am just about starting spreadbetting and curently using IGIndex.
They have fair amount of spread on bettings. Are there any other companies out there, which can offer better (Small) spreads than IGIndex?

Hi, I think deal4free are supposed to have small spreads, but this i'm told is at the expense of customer service.

HTH

I dont spreadbet but Capital Spreads have had a glowing reputation on this site.

Paul

Vasanthan: Ig -the spreads are killers. -But their site is good
Deal4free -is nickjnamed "steal for free" (have a look at other posts and problems"
I would recommend capital spreads as the spreads are tight and they always listen to both sides of the coin.

rgds
zarif

i havn't many complaints about cmc , at the end of the day if your trying to make a profit whatever other problems you may have , a tight spread is essential !!

FX SB with CMC

Any body had a problem with fills on £10 or above with CFDS?

gullible

use spreadbets with cmc , ( same spread as cfd i believe but a little less paperwork)

Speadbet v CFD

I do not see that Spreadbet & CFD costs can be the same, srely it depends on the size of the trade. Spreadbets are fine until you put on larger bets because the dealing costs increase linearly with the size of the bet. With CFDs this is not the case as costs are pretty fixed at certain levels.
Therefore Spreadbets are basically cheaper and simpler for small size trades and CFDs are cheaper for larger trades.

Denny

with some cfd companies thats true denny , but cmc simply have a spread on both i believe and i think most cfd firms offer both commission or spread on cfd , but few of them will work out cheaper than the spread with cmc !!

i can't speak highly enough of capital spreads, low margin requirements, probably the tightest spreads overall, easy account set up, helpful staff and very simple and practical trading platform. Never had any problems.

Only improvement they could make is to get some real time charting. But i can't say i've ever been impressed by any spread betting company's charts.

Have been with Cantor and Deal for Free before and had bad experiences

As far as spreads go CMC and Capitalspreads are the leader's in this area of the service. Capitalspreads are apparently to launch rolling cash bets in the future and this will result in a drop of the FTSE spread, maybe it will have a similar affect on other instruments.

Capitalspreads customer service would appear to be way ahead of CMC.

I've used CMC, had no problems, never had bad fills - but stocks side is limited to the big ones.

Have used IG for smaller stocks - they're good, and the spds are narrower than you think providing you "work" orders.
ie if they quote you 170-176 for a stock in size of say 50 when NMS is 4000, you can often get it for 1 inside or more if you leave a 75 bid with them. They just widen the spd if they think they might get left with some of it.

may open capitol spreads account , apparantly quote all constituents of s&p500?( now find they dont you have to ask , ig do and have cut spread also!!

Last edited:
i been using CMCmarkets & Capital Both OK .. Spreads !!!! well its part of deal to trade this way... I have a time & sales window open on my Ninjatrader Platform.. sometimes the spreads in real world & spread bet world amaze me... but they change every second ... as u know... for sure u need a good charting package Multicharts , Ninjatrader & real time feed.. the ones supplied by spread bet companies are not clever...