Good spreadbetting experience? Post here!

Ataye,

Thanks for the explanation. I vaguely knew about IG's "real time charts", but didn't realise they were ProRealtime's. I must revisit them some day. Their charts were always quite good though.

Yes, they seem a tad expensive in many ways.

montmorencyt2w ,

IGindex offers the online charting application, Pro-realtime, for free. If you log on to Pure-deal, click on Tools and then click on Real time chart. Wait for a few moment for it to load and you would have the real time chart of various choices. You could also get it free from Pro-realime website (google it) but no interday data. you would have to pay for it. This previledge could cost you close to £100 with esignal (+ a few extras).

Starting to sound like I'm selling for IG. I'm not thought! Indeed their minimum stake on sum Euro indices are a bit expensive.

Good luck.

Ataye[/QOTE]

Hello Ataye do IG offer the same amount of indicators etc as ProRealtime.

The indicators available are slightly different. However you could copy and paste the codes(available ones) and it should work fine.

the only unforgiveable ommission by IG in the charting is a lack of volume information. But you can't really complain when it is free- and what is there is very good!

One aspect not touched on in this thread is how helpful the guys & gals are on the end of the phone at IGIndex and they always know their stuff. A very well sorted organisation in so many respects.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is m first post, so hi to everyone.
I am a bit confused as I am looking to open an account with a SB firm or with a traditional broker and I have been lurking on the site for advice.
Everyone seems to rave about IG Index on this thread, but on the reviews part of the website there are a lot of very bad reviews about them, notably for very high spreads and requotes.
What is going on? maybe IG Index have dramatically improved their act recently?

Just wanted to fly the flag for Finspreads. I'm new to all of this so not in a position to discuss spreads, and I have found order execution to be a pain sometimes but I would like to say hats off to their customer services team and dealers. I've found them really helpful on the few occasions I have had to speak to them.
KJ

I use CMC Markets, and in my experience they have been very good. Their platform is good, and their spreads are generally tight, and I don't get reqouted too often. Their news feed is nigh-on useless however, and charting manipulation is below-par. But I do recommend them.

First post but going to give you my opinion on IG index. Overall you a very pleasant experience with them. I have been stopped out a couple of times on spikes that didn't seem to be there on metatrader and complained and they put me back in straight away. Had 1 problem before when first traded NFP and was slipped for 60 pips complained but on that occasion but was explained that it happens. From then on I don't really trade during news time.

I was invited to a very expensive meal at Gary Rhodes and the new FX manager "Richard" has invited me a few times. Receive plenty of gifts from them and concerned phone calls when I have a bad day.

Been with them for nearly a year and apart from the NFP slippage occasion my view on them is very positive. If there is a strange stop check it carefully make the call and with in reason they do put you back in.

Thank you very much for your feedback folks it looks like I will be starting off with IG index and will there after move on to Futurebetting.

Thank you very much for your feedback folks it looks like I will be starting off with IG index and will there after move on to Futurebetting.
i had accounts with IG and CMC, but none compare to Futuresbetting, i can only imagine
the size of the bets you have to place with fb scares people ( 1 lot) is the minimum bet.

Reading through this thread I am amazed by the positive reviews for IG Index.I used to use them ,but the slippage on trades was absurd.I am delighted that I have walked away from them.

I had an account manager with a company who does CFD's and SB and I was told SB was a mugs games and the reason I was told SB was a mugs a game because of the manipulation of the market could come in at anytime. I have seen the real market price and the SB price to be 10 points away from the real market price and when the ftse opens or near close or when economic news comes out then the big manipulations comes in. The SB companies don't want you to this but open a CFD account and do the demo account and find out for yourselves.

"10 points" difference from the real market!? "...or when economic news comes out then the big manipulations comes in."

Hmmmm. Really?? Excuse me, but my experiences don't quite reflect what you're suggesting. So you may well think it's a "mugs game because of the manipulation of the market" but don't you think that there is one pretty big issue/problem with what you're saying?: If there was in reality "big manipulations" of their quoted market to (anything like) the degree you're suggesting below, then they'd be opening their doors wide open to arbitrageurs.

I had an account manager with a company who does CFD's and SB and I was told SB was a mugs games and the reason I was told SB was a mugs a game because of the manipulation of the market could come in at anytime. I have seen the real market price and the SB price to be 10 points away from the real market price and when the ftse opens or near close or when economic news comes out then the big manipulations comes in. The SB companies don't want you to this but open a CFD account and do the demo account and find out for yourselves.

Last edited:
I've read so many posts lately of people complaining about Spreadbetting companies and how awful they are, how they requote constantly, take their money, close their accounts, make errors in the SB companies favour, the list goes on...

I want to now hear from anyone who has had a POSITIVE experience with a spreadbetting company. I have been spread betting with easy2spreadbet (part of city index) for a few years, and now with IGIndex, and i have no complaints. Very happy indeed. Am i the only one?!

Again, POSITIVE experiences only please :).

I think if you understand the limitations of spread betting that somewhat helps with what your expectations should be. For what I use it for (not all of my trading) my spread betting provider is pretty good too.

If the SB is trading 10 points away from the market like you say it is then that is a fantastic arbitrage opportunity. You are talking free money.

If the FTSE SB is 10 points over a CFD quote - short the SB and go long on the CFD at £1000 a point. That's 8-9 grand free money in your bank account when the market settles down.

Of course this isn't true - because SB's would get stung massively by their punters if they did.

Just for reassurance, this means fxcm never used that plugin to the detriment of its clients?

Correct, FXCM has never used the virtual dealer plugin. In regards to the NFA action you mentioned, that had to do with positive slippage not being passed along on orders prior to 2010. That year we completed upgrades to our platform to pass all positive slippage onto our clients.

Now FXCM clients can benefit from positive slippage whenever it is available even while other brokers may still not offer this till today, and instead use practices such as re-quotes to the disadvantage of their traders.

With FXCM, there are no re-quotes. Not only can our clients receive positive slippage, they can also use the Market Range feature on our platform to minimize negative slippage.

Currently using an IG demo account, after having a break from SB a year or so ago. Still on a learning curve but my current positions are doing well. So its giving me a lot of confidence in my decisions, but I am very aware that it could all go pete tong very quickly.

I have attached my currently positions

Attachments

• chaching.PNG
    chaching.PNG
    23.9 KB · Views: 254