Best time to trade Crude Oil CL

dcarrigan

Dec 9, 2005
Darlington
1 find good twitter feeds help a lot with WTI can be wild and profitable like Friday on rig count.

unsure how it will play in the future when CME closes all floor trading apart from S&P 500?
The announcement by the CME Group that by July it will shut down nearly all its trading floors, relying instead on computerized trading, unleashes a flood of memories of the trading pits I covered for CNBC for nearly a decade.

The closing of the gold and crude oil pits could worsen the issue of painting the tape (manipulating prices by both buying and selling) by large trading houses to help their positions or hurt traders that can't bully the market. This has happened and will be a major issue for the settlement of back months. The front month is a weighted average and shouldn't be affected.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2010
. Crude Oil - Toronto :))

I'm also in Toronto and also trade CL.
The best time to trade is when the volume is the highest. To see that add VOL / volume to a 10 minute chart (just for this purpose) and you will clearly see that volume increases dramatically after 8am and drops off after 12 noon.... sometimes ok at 2p-2:30p (old) close too.
If any of you Toronto CL traders ever want to meet up for coffee and talk CL Trading, I'm happy to join-in.
midtermalgo gmail ... anytime...

Oct 27, 2017
There is no time decide to Best time to trade Crude Oil CL it depends on traders you are (scalper, swing, long term from daily/weekly charts, etc).

Jan 31, 2018
indore
There is no set formula for the best time to buy commodities, similar to stocks. This really depends on the investment goals and on an investor’s time horizon. If you have a long-term investment horizon buying cheap is often the better route.