Investing long-term in Crude Oil

Prolifix

5 0
I've decided to invest in crude oil futures (CL - NYMEX) until the end of the year. I just wanted to gauge opinions on what would be the best strategy to follow.

Should I keep buying 1-2months out and just rolling over until I reach the end of 2015? Or is it better to buy a December/January contract and sell it when it expires?

Martinghoul

2,690 276
Don't play arnd w/the roll too much, it's not really worth it... You might wanna buy some options or smth.

NVP

Legendary member
37,758 2,100
I've decided to invest in crude oil futures (CL - NYMEX) until the end of the year. I just wanted to gauge opinions on what would be the best strategy to follow.

Should I keep buying 1-2months out and just rolling over until I reach the end of 2015? Or is it better to buy a December/January contract and sell it when it expires?

i'd focus more on getting best price levels than option dates .........what do you think is cheap ?

Prolifix

5 0
Actually I didn't even know that buying options on futures was a possibility. I'll probably look into that now.

Any options brokers who you would recommend?

AlphaSeekr

4 0
Actually I didn't even know that buying options on futures was a possibility. I'll probably look into that now.

Any options brokers who you would recommend?

I'd buy Options on Oil contracts...

look at long dated $70-$100 call options, that's what I'm doing.

scotd

11 0
Crude oil is really not a good investment for now; because the demand for crude oil is lower than the supply; I will advise investors to pause on crude oil investment for the moment.

abinandan

12 1
In reality, there are different types of crude oil – the thick, unprocessed liquid that drillers extract below the earth – and some are more desirable than others. For instance, it’s easier for refiners to make gasoline and diesel fuel out of low-sulfur, or “sweet,” crude than oil with high sulfur concentrations. Low-density, or “light,” crude is generally favorable to the high-density variety for the same reason.
crude oil is really a good investment as demand is high and prices can be raised as prices are high profits will be also high ...
thanku

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock