- - - Daytrade Crude Oil - - -

Ok so you probably want better advice but what I do ( my "schedule" ) in day trading Light Crude Oil is:

Start trading at GMT+1 ( summer time) 13h:00. Between 13:00h to 15/16h there is often a rising tendecy, so buying around 13h00 prices and close position at 15h is often a good strategy. Then around 16-18h is very unstable, at 18h-20h usually the prices fell a bit/or a lot, depending on the main tendency. And after 23h price is very stable only having a little flutuation in 2h to 4h am ( but doesnt worth the time being wake to that time to trade 30pips flutuation).

Play a Demo account of any MT4 broker and analyse the light crude oil graphics in order to discover which are the resistance points. In light crude oil around 1/2months ago was about 69.50 minimum, so when it reached 69.50 it had a major bullish movement that brought the price up to 71/72.
In the last month the prices rose a lot taking LCOil prices to 79.00s... almost passing 80 mark, but then an insanely strong bearish tendency make it drop to 72s again.
So some guys here may tell this is like coin tossing but finding resistance points and buying when it reaches minimum resistance points is often the best option and very profiting.

Hope I have been usefull in any way. If anyone dislike/disagree with this please tell me, I want to learn too.

Edit: By the way I use 30min graph for tendency analysis and 15min graph for scalping.

We are a group of 20 full time traders who all daytrade QM / Crude Oil via the same short term technical model. We look to scalp 40-50c per contract 1 or 2 times a day. Please email for more info. E: [email protected]

Hi there Trade The Trend ,can you please tell what is your group's average per week in terms of points ( if 1cent = 1 point)per contract.

I'm interested in crude oil trading too, anyone can recommend me free data & charting software for practice?

I'm interested in crude oil trading too, anyone can recommend me free data & charting software for practice?

You could use NinjaTrader for SIM, with a Zen-Fire feed. The ZEN feed will give you 30 days of data for free, NinjaTrader is free for as long as you stay in SIM.