== crude oil daytrading blog ==

Crude Oil is excellent to daytrade. This is a forum where people who daytrade Crude Oil can meet and share their experiences & thoughts.
When your broker offers a $500 margin to trade the QM, it results in a 10% ROI profit when Crude Oil makes a very tiny 10 cent move. EXCELLENT ! ! !
Your thoughts and comments are welcomed and encouraged ! ! !
Bruce

Crude Oil is excellent to daytrade. This is a forum where people who daytrade Crude Oil can meet and share their experiences & thoughts.
When your broker offers a $500 margin to trade the QM, it results in a 10% ROI profit when Crude Oil makes a very tiny 10 cent move. EXCELLENT ! ! !
Bruce

What about the tiny 30 cent move in the opposite direction to which your trading
Means your down 30% on 1 move.
Crude moves so quick and sometimes for hardly any reason.

Ged

Crude is a tough trade especially given Iran & geopolitical uncertainty...so I like to keep my bets small
and defined

So how does profit on crude daytrading compare to stocks and forex when it comes to risk-reward ratios and the number of hours invested in learning the ropes?

= Crude Oil Daytrading Blog =

1. Ged - Oil does not move too quickly. It is not overly volatile. In fact it trends very smoothly compared to most others traded products. Yes, a 30 cent loss would be a 30% loss, but our stops are tight and usually are not hit.

2. Justtradin - Our trading is small & defined. We only trade in the direction of the trend (up or down) and only enter when our indicators are in agreement. Our stops are small and defined and our profit / exit is also small & defined . . . everything you mentioned !

3. Sharpie458 - Profits compared to stocks & forex are comparable or a little higher due to the margin ratios you choose. In our group we make 20 cents a day which equates to making 20% ROI when one contract is traded for every $500 of margin.

4. Nomadtrader - You make some fairly stong claims - but obviously have no facts to support your claims. Please feel free to tell me what day the model had losses and allow me the fair opportunity to comment on it . . . but I know you will not and are unable to do this. The group has consistant profits, so I cannot agree with your claims ! ! !

Bruce

What do you mean 'oil doesn't move too quickly. It is not overly volatile'? In the other thread you mention you like the fact that oil is volatile (I believe your state that it 'has good daily range of high and low'). Where's do you draw the line between 'good' and 'overly'?

What do you mean 'trends very smoothly', especially 'compared to other products'? How do you measure the 'trending smoothly' property? Moreover, wouldn't you say that 'smooth trending' and 'volatility' are somewhat mutually exclusive concepts?

crude oil - live streaming chart

hey guys and girls, i'm on the lookout for a something similar to Metatrader 4 for crude oil. live streaming prices in chart form and in multiple timeframes. oh and the ability to manipulate with FIBS and PIVOTS also a must.

It's not much to ask. I use MT4 for FX and Gold which is allows me to do all of the above.

I have traded crude before but was using livechart which is just too basic and results in too much guesswork.

Any suggestions / recommendations?

Cheers, Chris

Crude is the daddy. it will drain u or make u , but be very careful.. it can jump over 80c in afew mins also...

Attachments

• lpllipop man.jpg
    lpllipop man.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 205
  • oil.gif
    oil.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 223
  • oil.htm
    24.5 KB · Views: 389
Crude is the daddy. it will drain u or make u , but be very careful.. it can jump over 80c in afew mins also...

How can you avoid getting hit when it jumps all over the place?

Why not just trade major trends with wide stops?

Bruce

Where is this Forum/Site ? I want to investigate. PM me it please.

What strategies do you guys use to daytrade oil?
It's a very fundamental pair and closely linked (inversely) to USDCAD or CADJPY.

I use GBP$ and €JPY also AUD$

It doesn't mater what you use , if it work , you will get profit and if not I sell fastly
to flat the position with minimal loss :smart:
So my winning performance is 95% overall .:LOL:
Sometimes I let him go for 4 hours or longer to test , how long it take to get a margincall ..... but only with the Demo accounts when there expiring ....:cheesy:

have fun trade only demo

piparb

What strategies do you guys use to daytrade oil?
It's a very fundamental pair and closely linked (inversely) to USDCAD or CADJPY.

I also love to trade oil , my new love is GBP/JPY . :cheesy:
Volatility is also like oil , in the night from 03:00 to 07:00 CET I trade GBP/JPY .
Oil is better at 15:30 to 21:00 CET to trade , when the USA market is going :cheesy:

But take care , moves of 700 Pips are normal , so I got enough Pips in my pocket :LOL:

nice trading :clover::idea: bye
I agree - Oil is a crazy market that even with stop loss can move soo quickly that your stop will vanish down. But I love trading it!
my exprience from yesterday:
http://www.spreadblogging.co.uk/2009/11/25/the-magic-of-oil/