Sticky Best Threads in the 'Forex' Forum

timsk

Legendary member
What are ‘Best Threads’ Stickies?
The idea behind ‘Best Threads’ Stickies is to have a thread pinned permanently at the top of every forum with links to threads within that forum that are of real merit with quality content. Listed here is the cream of the crop, the best threads in the Forex forum!

How will they help me?
T2W is a big place and good threads can quickly get lost under a sea of newer ones. The links to the ‘Best Threads’ will save you the hassle of wading through the forum yourself, hoping to find the one that’s filled with pearls of wisdom!

What do I need to know about the list?
Each ‘Best Thread' is accompanied by a short précis outlining what it’s about. Threads don’t appear in any particular order, so the thread at the top of the list isn’t necessarily any better or more interesting than the one at the bottom of the list.

I’ve found a great thread which warrants ‘Best Thread’ status. Can it be added?
Sure! If you know of a great thread within this forum that isn’t listed here, either post your suggestion here or contact timsk Content Manager, with a link to the thread, saying what it’s about and what’s good about it and, all being well, it will be added.

The ‘Best Threads’ in the Forex forum are:
Trading Naked
This isn't what you think! 'Trading naked' is a term used by traders to describe an approach that doesn't rely on indicators. In this thread, we follow the progress of a new trader as he tries to get to grips with price action at the hard right edge.

Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies
Correlation is something that every trader should be aware of, this is a good introduction and ongoing analysis of this relationship in forex.

GBP/USD Breakout
A good thread to follow, if you only want to trade in the early hours of the morning, for a set amount of pips. Works most mornings and a great bunch of people to help you understand this simple but effective method.

Phil Newton's Range Break Out strategy
A trading strategy from one of the most magnanimous contributors to T2W.
A simple and effective way of developing your trading skills.

The 3 Duck's Trading System
A simple, logical and highly effective method to help traders follow the trend and identify entry points within the trend.

FXCM/DailyFX Signals and Strategies
Good analysis of the past days trading and events to watch out for over the next few days

BBmac's GBP/USD Thread
An ongoing, in-depth technical analysis for the GBP/USD pair

Live Cable Trading
In this thread, members make live calls on 'Cable' - the term commonly used to describe the GBP/USD currency pair. Voted runner up in the 'Favourite Forum Thread' in the T2W Members' Choice Awards 2005.

Last edited:
Reactions: NVP
Please lock this thread otherwise I will also post a Commercial Link ! :)
Just kidding, I would never do that. But, seriously, this thread should be locked.
HyperScalper

. . . But, seriously, this thread should be locked.
Hi HyperScalper,
The reason it remains open - along with all the other [Best Threads] Stickies is to enable members who stumble across threads that they find really interesting and informative to then recommend them for inclusion in the list provided in post #1. Unfortunately, this very rarely ever happens; just the occasional joker plugging their own thread which, often as not, is spam. Anyway - we live in hope - but that's the thinking behind keeping these threads open.
Tim.

Thanks a lot for posting these links. I am a fresher to this Forex trading world, being newer these links will help me a lot to study this market and make proper analysis.

Thanks a lot for posting these links. I am a fresher to this Forex trading world, being newer these links will help me a lot to study this market and make proper analysis.

most of those threads still going as well.......makes me feel old :cool:

I am new here so still learning. Just wondering why there isn't separate threads dedicated to the main pairs pinned to the start of the forex forum?

e.g. EUR/USD, USD/JPY, GBP/USD etc.

(maybe I am looking in the wrong place)

What are ‘Best Threads’ Stickies?
The idea behind ‘Best Threads’ Stickies is to have a thread pinned permanently at the top of every forum with links to threads within that forum that are of real merit with quality content. Listed here is the cream of the crop, the best threads in the Forex forum!

How will they help me?
T2W is a big place and good threads can quickly get lost under a sea of newer ones. The links to the ‘Best Threads’ will save you the hassle of wading through the forum yourself, hoping to find the one that’s filled with pearls of wisdom!

What do I need to know about the list?
Each ‘Best Thread' is accompanied by a short précis outlining what it’s about. Threads don’t appear in any particular order, so the thread at the top of the list isn’t necessarily any better or more interesting than the one at the bottom of the list.

I’ve found a great thread which warrants ‘Best Thread’ status. Can it be added?
Sure! If you know of a great thread within this forum that isn’t listed here, either post your suggestion here or contact timsk Content Manager, with a link to the thread, saying what it’s about and what’s good about it and, all being well, it will be added.

The ‘Best Threads’ in the Forex forum are:
Trading Naked
This isn't what you think! 'Trading naked' is a term used by traders to describe an approach that doesn't rely on indicators. In this thread, we follow the progress of a new trader as he tries to get to grips with price action at the hard right edge.

Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies
Correlation is something that every trader should be aware of, this is a good introduction and ongoing analysis of this relationship in forex.

GBP/USD Breakout
A good thread to follow, if you only want to trade in the early hours of the morning, for a set amount of pips. Works most mornings and a great bunch of people to help you understand this simple but effective method.

Phil Newton's Range Break Out strategy
A trading strategy from one of the most magnanimous contributors to T2W.
A simple and effective way of developing your trading skills.

The 3 Duck's Trading System
A simple, logical and highly effective method to help traders follow the trend and identify entry points within the trend.

FXCM/DailyFX Signals and Strategies
Good analysis of the past days trading and events to watch out for over the next few days

BBmac's GBP/USD Thread
An ongoing, in-depth technical analysis for the GBP/USD pair

Live Cable Trading
In this thread, members make live calls on 'Cable' - the term commonly used to describe the GBP/USD currency pair. Voted runner up in the 'Favourite Forum Thread' in the T2W Members' Choice Awards 2005.
I am not sure where you are getting your info, but good topic. I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more.

Yeah...! quite a nice article, it will be helpful for the beginners to learn about how to post the best threads in Forex.

Helping post

You can find lots and lots of valuable threads here, all you need to do is to surf through it.

ZuluTrade is probably the largest Social Trading Platform, do a little research about it, if you wanna learn more about the Social Trading Platform.

Yeah, Demo would be a quite a nice idea to gain the knowledge about the Forex Trading, after that you need a good real time practice with small investments.

Yeah, but I think Micro would be the next step after the Demo Trading. I believe that they both are important.

there are many decent trading systems ...but knowing which strategy to use at which time is the key :)