Become a New Crash Millionaire

NotQuiteRandom said:
Disproportionately heavy handed prosecutors on 'witch hunt' for entrepreneurs
The SEC / NFA / CFTC etc etc... stifling regulation
Lawsuit culture, cost of defence, wide net of subpoenas
Hackable legal processes, no checks and balances - reference UIGEA
Increasingly aggressive anti-immigration stance

I love NYC for long weekend breaks and the Americans are usually very nice, friendly and polite. This dichotomy between the people I meet and the policies is unfortunate but can only lead to one eventual conclusion. I do not forecast a near term crash, things take time, rather I think that a long, painful decline will start some time in the next few years and continue for decades.

Sorry America, you had it too good and you F@%$ed it up.

Just my 2c,

NQR

hear hear...

I'm glad people are thinking about the possibility of a swift one south...........
Clearly the trend is still up as we climb to the top of Beachy Head whatever number that happens to be ......and consequently now is the best time to start planning since things are.... relatively calm.

If I'd done some real planning prior to the last bear I'd probably not be on the boards now.....
Some guys on this board made much more than a million ..... they were on bloomberg and in the papers ... so it is possible!

Hook Shot said:
I'm glad people are thinking about the possibility of a swift one south...........
Clearly the trend is still up as we climb to the top of Beachy Head whatever number that happens to be ......and consequently now is the best time to start planning since things are.... relatively calm.

If I'd done some real planning prior to the last bear I'd probably not be on the boards now.....
Some guys on this board made much more than a million ..... they were on bloomberg and in the papers ... so it is possible!

who were on bloomberg/papers?

i'd be careful guys, there are plenty of reasons why it wont crash for some time still.

as i have mentioned before

1) pe-election year in the US.. 75% of all the markets gains have occurred in this one year of the presidential cycle

2) still in the bullish nov-april period

3) european markets are still off their alltime highs.. have a feeling that since they have come so far, they will at least make an attempt at testing the all time high.. that could equate to 500+ points on the Dow from here..

4) the trend is still firmly up.. if we were wobbling, then i might think about looking for shorts from april onwards, but as it is, this is a robust trend.

fc

Reactions: TWI
bonox said:
who were on bloomberg/papers?

Can't say exactly who ..... but the ones I'm thinking of are based in UK - there are probably quite a few others though. Sorry to be awkward someone will probably send you a pm ...... if they know ;)

FetteredChinos said:
i'd be careful guys, there are plenty of reasons why it wont crash for some time still.

as i have mentioned before

1) pe-election year in the US.. 75% of all the markets gains have occurred in this one year of the presidential cycle

2) still in the bullish nov-april period

3) european markets are still off their alltime highs.. have a feeling that since they have come so far, they will at least make an attempt at testing the all time high.. that could equate to 500+ points on the Dow from here..

4) the trend is still firmly up.. if we were wobbling, then i might think about looking for shorts from april onwards, but as it is, this is a robust trend.

fc

Fc - you're right I'm only suggesting that having a contingency plan might be a good idea.
I'm not saying put it into action now.... but thanks for clarifying things anyway... Sometimes it's easy for others to misunderstand what I'm really saying.

Or should I say - I should be much clearer in my communication :p

The Thread Comes To Life........

bonox said:
oh ****. caught in the wrong end of the market today.

You're not alone..... and thanks for coming back.
It was a bit stop start myself but netnet not bad.. :cheesy:

As a fellow trader said on another thread this is the Warning......... the biggie is coming in the near future......... my guess 20% plus wipeout so a couple thousand points+

Stocks know this is coming so after the little repair job there should be some nice downtrends to ride as we go into the abyss...

Pre 911 markets were already in slide mode ......... I*'m sure you remember.

Not too late to plan by a long chalk...

Now I've got some attention (for the thread) I'll have a little think about what might be going into my gameplan..

Oh I feel a bit like Cramer.... omg!

Sexy stox are best but require some work
Indices are easier but everyone know's the story now... in bear markets short the rallies but you guys already know that.

WARNING - Stocks can go up as well as down... even in weak markets

Just a quickie.......i'm expecting more selling then a climb to the real jump off - this may take a while but gives plenty of time to plan......... there we go that P word again

Time for a bevvy

regards

My wafflings will now be suspended until things calm down...
Be VERY careful out there....

regards

Hook Shot said:
My wafflings will now be suspended until things calm down...
Be VERY careful out there....

regards

This a good subject for a thread, especially now. I'm posting this so that I subscribe and get emailed,

Split

Very interesting articles, however DOW really recovered today considering it was nose diving before it opened!

daytradingUK said:
Very interesting articles, however DOW really recovered today considering it was nose diving before it opened!

You're right it was quite resilient late day but ..... if it does recover some more I've had a nice time shorting the rallies which die in the 12300ish zone been like shelling peas... I'm sure others must have enjoyed that one too.... :cheesy: