Banned

ilia king

Hi I was wondering what where the posts that got some people banned, I mean how did they get banned. Not that I want to get banned as this is a great site but rather how not to get banned - but frankly I'm just curious what did they do that was so bad?

Thanks for any replys :eek:

I know one got banned because he said *****. Very naughty ;)
So be careful :cheesy:

Not that I am interested, or curious or anything :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: but who was it?? :eek:

Can't help you with banned,but if you dare to be different I can show you how to get into the naughty corner....;)

Most get banned for consistent personal abuse/attacks. In terms of numbers, perhaps less than ten in the whole time T2W has been around. It is a rare occurrence. Once warned, most members get the message...
Advertisers/spammers get instantly banned, no questions. Most members never get to see the adds or the spam because they are removed pretty swiftly by the Mods.

Another way to get into trouble on these boards is to point out the terrible human rights record of Israel, or to criticise Israel in any way what so ever!

If you don't get into 'trouble', the thread will be closed.

So much for free speech and T2W being a place where traders can freely discuss world events and their impact on the markets. What a shame.

U make a good point, my friend.............personally i don't c y it should be a problem if the thread is in d T2W lounge and d posts r not written in an inciting way. A typical example is d 'conspiracy theory' thread which was abruptly closed even tho ppl were only engaged in a healthy debate.

This is such a great site from which i have learnt (and will hopefully continue to learn) a lot from and i hope it would not go down that route of closing threads 4 no good reason.

BB I see no reason why you say that. The lounge is for free speech, and only in exceptional cases ( inciting racial hatred etc) will we delete posts.

So why are threads DELETED (not closed) as soon as people point out the weaknesses of Israel, but will happily tolerate the threads while equally valid points are made about other nations? There does seem a huge bias here.

As Grubs points out, there was a lively debate about current issues and their impact on world tensions. May be it was in the wrong forum, in which case it should be moved to the lounge and not deleted as if to pretend these issues don't exist.

As traders, I don't think we should take any opinions as personal. Any points made were at governments, or organisations. NOT individuals, especially no one on this board. If anyone does take any point personally or is offended then what are they doing on a trading board anyway?

Who does this board belong to? Its members or the 1/2 individual that 'police' it?

I take exception to the 1/2 policing bit. This BB would be like all others without it.... I'm not aware of anything that has been deleted re Israel. Your comments are 100% correct re opinions and should not be edited /deleted. One's personal opinion should be respected by all, no matter how strongly someone else feels about it. After all, it's feelings and opinions that makes up one's character.
If you feel there have been threads unjustly /unreasonably deleted, then perhaps you should complain, or object, to the Moderators. I am certainly not aware of any threads that have been subject to this, but there are three other Moderators. Each will have their own opinion as to whether a thread/post is deleted/censored etc. If we get a complaint that is serious/fraudulent/racist/controversial, we do discuss and decide what we think is best and where possible, try to arrive at a unanimous solution. That may not please some, but it's the best we can do.
If you have a specific issue, perhaps you should raise the point formally.

CM - I know it wasn't you. That leaves 2 others. We are in agreement on what you say.

To be honest though, I've got better things to be getting on with in my life than complaining to some narrow minded individual about their personal bias and prejudice. At the end of the day, it's their problem and they've got to live with it.

Im not really one to make 'formal' issues. Im a trader not a bureaucrat. If I don't like something I get out and move on. Thats my nature. At the end of the day if threads are taken down due to personal bias then the usefulness of this site will dwindle significantly.

A complaint was received, and Sharky dealt with it as he saw fit. If you don't like the action he took, perhaps you'd like to complain direct to him.

So why not a warning to the person who caused the offence - even though there was no attack aimed at any individual?

This proves there is obviously bias involved.

As I said, Im not a granny who goes round writing letters of complaint.

I'm going to start a thread in the Lounge. It will be about the evils of a country and its government and how the evil of racism is ingrained into their thought process. The purpose will be to make people aware of FACTS which can't be denied. It will not be aimed at any individual. I will make it clear that my intentions are not to cause offence, but simply to state FACTS and draw parallels to historical events, and how they affect the world today. Any contributions from people who disagree with the FACTS are of course welcome to post. I will respect their opinion and views. Indeed I hope they will change my views about such evils.

I dont see how anyone can be offended by FACTS. They may not like them, but I dont like innocent children being killed and masses of people being oppressed in the name of religion.

Is this reasonable? I bet the thread will be pulled down within 48 hours.

Some time back I remeber reading that when a post or a thread would be deleted then the decision would be taken jointly by moderators..

also the poster would get a warning etc....

So if a post has been deleted then what methods were used...or was it simply someone complained and thus it was delted...seems strange to me........

When a post is deleted then it should not be crowded in secrecy but an attempt must be made to make people aware of whay was the post deleted and who decided that it should be deleted...and whole methodology must be published so users can see it themselves...