Banned Members - unNoticed board

dick_dastardly

Established member
Not trying to stir up a hornets nest for the mods or anything like that but......

why don't the mods ALWAYS post on the Banned Members Notice Board when they ban someone?

Just curious, no more than that :rolleyes:

dd

Not trying to stir up a hornets nest for the mods or anything like that but......

why don't the mods ALWAYS post on the Banned Members Notice Board when they ban someone?

Just curious, no more than that :rolleyes:

dd
There are a lot of one-posters that appear only to sell something, but perhaps they could post details of banned members where the member has already made say 100 posts i.e. where we have grown to luvvvvvvvv them

Charlton

There are a lot of one-posters that appear only to sell something, but perhaps they could post details of banned members where the member has already made say 100 posts i.e. where we have grown to luvvvvvvvv them

Charlton

But the spammers do quite often get mentioned on the Banned Members Notice Board

Ok! What's the latest scandal? Who's been chucked off?

That Neoripley bloke ( or was it Neroripley I can't remember now ) the guy that started the " How would you trade this setup" thread.

I didn't know having a thin skin was worthy of a ban. I'm not having a whinge or anything but it does seems very odd to me Split ????

I thought the guy got quite a rough time for a newbie. Maybe he's a multinicker?

dd

I see the banned members notice board as a courtesy thread, it was started at a time when a fair amount of members were playing up and getting booted off regularly, updating members as to whom was disapearing and why. So few long standing members get the boot these days that it just doesn't get used as it should when they do, we just forget it's there to update i guess.

Although I personally have concerns that, like an asbo, members who are out to troll will not be satisfied that they have done a good job until they have made the list of the naughty.

I will alert the community manager of member concerns and they can make a decision on that threads future.

Now I remember. He did the LETTER of COMPLAINT.

He was banned too quietly.

Shame on those responsible even if I don't agree with what was said. Did he really get banned for putting volume on Forex? Or did he put cv's back up? I have no quarrel with cv, but you see how the thinking goes? We should be clear about things.

Hi LMQ

So what did he do to get the boot then?

dd

Well that member started getting disruptive after his thread took an unexpected turn for the worse, then took a nose dive into the abyss.

I wish I could reproduce the now deleted post that I suspect did the business, an abusive one yes, but oh so funny, especially as it was ribbing a fellow moderator :D

Other than that, I don't wish to comment further.

To address Split's and others concerns....it is impossible to make a judgement call based on One or Two bits of information seen out on the main boards and I expect this is the reason why modding can on occasion perhaps look disjointed or biased or unfair etc. Iceberg analogy.

I can tell you that neoriply was afforded more latitude by the mod and admin team than most. Unfortunately he decided to abuse this latitude and for his trouble he is now history.

Yes b'wana. :)

Of course you realise that members are in fact moderating these boards to a large degree.

The report post function is where mods and admin get the majority of their cues from....we use this information to guide us. Some matters are obvious, simple black and white decisions are made....some matters not so obvious and require further digging.

So guys, the boards are pretty much a reflection of how the members see and want them to be. :)

In other words....it's all your ( collective ) fault !:LOL:

Last edited:
Of course you realise that members are in fact moderating these boards to a large degree.

The report post function is where mods and admin get the majority of their cues from....we use this information to guide us. Some matters are obvious, simple black and white decisions are made....some matters not so obvious and require further digging.

So guys, the boards are pretty much a reflection of how the members see and want them to be. :)

In other words....it's all your ( collective ) fault !:LOL:

You are all in good hands, then.

Well that member started getting disruptive after his thread took an unexpected turn for the worse

Unexpected ????? :-0 ..... hmmmm I don't think so !

I thought the thread unfolded according to the script perfectly given the way previous " Wot happened next " threads have ended in the past.

If only the markets were so predictable.

dd