Bank Holidays, are there trading opportunities?

forefit

So as I'm sure as everyone is aware we had a holiday yesterday have one on Monday and one next week so we can all see a wedding. (I'm British in case you haven't figured)

My question is if there is a day where the markets are open in Europe and American but the markets in the UK closed does this present us with any trading opportunities for people to take advantage of or not?

It depends which market you are trading. Generally you will waste your time trying to trade those days.

Yeah, with very few exceptions, when one of the major market centers is closed it tends to make for a quiet day all round.

Rubbish. I've seen enough opps on Bank Holidays to ignore the fact it's a bank holiday. And there's always the football markets if you can't see an opp in the financial ones.

So as I'm sure as everyone is aware we had a holiday yesterday have one on Monday and one next week so we can all see a wedding. (I'm British in case you haven't figured)

My question is if there is a day where the markets are open in Europe and American but the markets in the UK closed does this present us with any trading opportunities for people to take advantage of or not?

Why ask, why not do?

Get a diary that shows the world bank hols and compare.

If you're not a royalist then sit in front of a computer screen and look at a market that is open. NASDAQ, DAX, Forex whatever you want outside of the UK.

Someone telling you its like this or like that won't replace seeing it for yourself anyway.

John, with all due respect, I've found some great opportunities trading US shares on UK Bank Holidays.
Today might be an exception but since this wedding thingie is over when the US opens, I hope not :)
Richard