Astrology Data Overlay

trendie

Legendary member
Hi,

does anyone know of any package that shows astrological data overlaying finance data ?

such as showing new zodiacal signs on a timeframes, or where the planets are on any given day, overlaying the price data of a chart.

thanks

PS: I am serious about this.

trendie said:
Hi,

does anyone know of any package that shows astrological data overlaying finance data ?

such as showing new zodiacal signs on a timeframes, or where the planets are on any given day, overlaying the price data of a chart.

thanks

Hi trendie,

A package called wave59 has a lot of astrology stuff built into it.

www.wave59.com

HTH

Regards,

I tested the Bradley Siderograph a few years ago. I found it no better than a random driven indicator for forecasting market turning points, but maybe my testing wasn't thorough enough.

go for it trendie...

welcome to the darker side of life.

as said above , ive heard reasonably good things about wave59...

needs a lot of work on your own part, though.

Years ago when I was a broker, both clients who used astrological methods started going short the indecies, long of oil in the Spring. That summer/autumn (?) the first Gulf War skicked off

:eek: :eek:

ah but there you go...

astrology picks changes in momentum, not generally direction. it is up to other methods to pick the direction for you.. astrology can pick the points for you...

Hi,

thanks

Trendie,
This is not exactly what you are looking for but might be on interest: the following site has a free download of what is called an Astro Clock. It is basically a chart showing the position of the planets; it is updated every minute and shows any planet or aspect that is hitting the angles.

I have not used this to trade but it would certainly be interesting to observe any action on a pit traded contract. You can set it to show any location. For instance you can program the data for Chicago (I have tried this but I don't sit in front of a screen all day so have not used it) and see if there is any correspondence between planets hitting the angles of the chart and momentum, etc.

You need a bit of astrological knowledge otherwise you won't know what the hell you are looking for.

Obviously, most people will rubbish anything like this - just as most lose money by following the same worn paths (and no claims for myself here). Here's the link:

www.vega.co.za/astro

FetteredChinos said:
ah but there you go...

astrology picks changes in momentum, not generally direction. it is up to other methods to pick the direction for you.. astrology can pick the points for you...

a bit like "There are tides in the affairs of man, which, if taken at the flood, lead onto great fortune".

I am beginning to understand the idea of turning points, that they indicate "possible" points of change, but not guaranteed.

I thinks it about "susceptability". Trends are more susceptible to change at certain times than others.
As FC has said, this doesnt mean they will, but they are MORE LIKELY. Other analysis leads to determining direction.

Another thing that has hit me hard is the data we use. Its all 5-days a week.
Obviously there are 7 days per week.
I am trying to see if Trendlines make more sense if I add in the Saturdays and Sundays, as this will alter the gradient and line-touches.
Also, my Fib-extension counter counts only trading days!! Didnt occur to me that it should be counting calendar days.
Weird week this. Must be the recent new moon.

Planetary lines

trendie said:
Hi,

thanks

Take a look at www.galacticinvestor.com and download the manual for their Quick Harmonic Trader software cos it has a superb tutorial about planetary lines.

Don't kid yourself that it's perfect, but if it's used intelligently to confirm technical signals then it does get results. Equally important it can keep you out of the bad trades that arise from indicator failure.

"Another thing that has hit me hard is the data we use. Its all 5-days a week.
Obviously there are 7 days per week."

I also think our calander is wrong. Looking for cycles based on months one has to ask where did the months come from. I like the look of the Mayan calander based on two cycles (one on the moon the other the sun I think). The 2 cycles combined run for 52 yrs and then it repeats. Not too far off the periodicity of 53 yrs for the Kondratieff Economic cycle.

I've never been able to make any money out of any of this though.

:cool:
Hi,

thanks

Mystic Meg will sort you out pal.

:rolleyes:

I agree Tuffty re: months.
It dawned on me when I was looking at the transiting from one zodiacal sign to another.
(the "months" we have are arbitrary)
I will look up the Mayan calendar sometime - thanks for that.

EDIT: also now looking at equinoxes more seriously. I know Gann did this. (not saying I follow Gann)

trendie said:
I agree Tuffty re: months.
It dawned on me when I was looking at the transiting from one zodiacal sign to another.
(the "months" we have are arbitrary)
I will look up the Mayan calendar sometime - thanks for that.

EDIT: also now looking at equinoxes more seriously. I know Gann did this. (not saying I follow Gann)

how about half-equinoxes... 21st june and december etc.

pick enough days, and you can find a turning point lol..

Fettered, it is not funny. I can tell you I met a fund manager with responsibility for a £63 million fund.

I will not mention the enterprise, nor will I disclose the individual's name, in order to preserve his dignity.

But this chap made his decisions entirely based on Astrology.

And he did well because everything he bought went up, oblivious as he was that he was participating in a roaring bull market.

And he argued and argued, until the top came along and then the market reversed, wiping out millions.

His explanation ? "the portents were not harmonious".

The mere idea of it just gives me the shudders.

SOCRATES said:
Fettered, it is not funny. I can tell you I met a fund manager with responsibility for a £63 million fund.

I will not mention the enterprise, nor will I disclose the individual's name, in order to preserve his dignity.

But this chap made his decisions entirely based on Astrology.

And he did well because everything he bought went up, oblivious as he was that he was participating in a roaring bull market.

And he argued and argued, until the top came along and then the market reversed, wiping out millions.

The mere idea of it just gives me the shudders.

yes, but you still have to have an open mind as to new methods.. if you are closed off to free thinking then that is a mistake.

as i posted above, astrology is extremely useful in conjunction with other stuff.

if nothing else, it can tell you when you can take a holiday in advance..

eg, when the next fib/cycle turning point is the 21-34 point.. get at least 12 days holiday out of that...

or the 55-89 if you want to go travelling for a month... :cheesy: