Asian Coronavirus Outbreak

Last Thursday evening (29th January 2021), the Cambridge Union held a debate with the motion: “This house believes lockdown was a mistake.” Toby Young spoke in support of the motion along with Richard Tice and Sir Graham Brady MP. Writer, novelist and journalist Laura Spinney, novelist and physician Phil Whitaker and Liberal Democrat MP Layla Moran spoke against. The motion was approved by 362 votes to 309.

Vaccine wars.

Jon might not have got his if we were still part of the EU.

Protectionist policies playing out for real and yet another reason why we left.
If our own single layer of Govt messes up we can boot them out.
If the EU messes up, you can never get rid of them.
Democracy indeed !

Last edited:
Vaccine wars.

Jon might not have got his if we were still part of the EU.

Protectionist policies playing out for real and yet another reason why we left.
If our own single layer of Govt messes up we can boot them out.
If the EU messes up, you can never get rid of them.
Democracy indeed !

Early vaccines approvals might be a two edged sword.

On balance, the UK Gov took a risk in approving vaccine which could and still does carry risk. Under the circumstances, it was probably prudent to do so cutting corners.

Long term impact of the vaccine or how it responds to new strains still unclear.

Personally, I'm surprised Tories still in power after such a dismal display of government. We have Corbyn to take credit for that and the Loony Left. They are still staunch supporters of lockdowns which most now beginning to realise are ineffective and displace death and destruction to other areas and bodies.

And yes it is always quicker to make decision in a small group than a big one. EU probably have botched this one up but having highest number of deaths in the EU doesn't speak to well for our Brexiteer government either.

German's stating the AZ vaccines should not be given to those over 65+ should raise some eyebrows about risks but let's forget about that one for now.

Early vaccines approvals might be a two edged sword.

On balance, the UK Gov took a risk in approving vaccine which could and still does carry risk. Under the circumstances, it was probably prudent to do so cutting corners.

Long term impact of the vaccine or how it responds to new strains still unclear.

Personally, I'm surprised Tories still in power after such a dismal display of government. We have Corbyn to take credit for that and the Loony Left. They are still staunch supporters of lockdowns which most now beginning to realise are ineffective and displace death and destruction to other areas and bodies.

And yes it is always quicker to make decision in a small group than a big one. EU probably have botched this one up but having highest number of deaths in the EU doesn't speak to well for our Brexiteer government either.

German's stating the AZ vaccines should not be given to those over 65+ should raise some eyebrows about risks but let's forget about that one for now.
"Personally, I'm surprised Tories still in power after such a dismal display of government. We have Corbyn to take credit for that and the Loony Left."

Nooo its Sir Keir who is really screwing it up, Labour are their own worst enemy.

"But satisfaction with Sir Keir has dropped significantly since the first opinions were taken into account in the summer.
Research carried out in November showed his ratings have halved in just four months, putting him at +15.

Sir Keir came under fire from the left of Labour after kicking Rebecca Long-Bailey out of the shadow cabinet."

Approval rating LOWER than Corbin if that was possible.

"Personally, I'm surprised Tories still in power after such a dismal display of government. We have Corbyn to take credit for that and the Loony Left."

Nooo its Sir Keir who is really screwing it up, Labour are their own worst enemy.

"But satisfaction with Sir Keir has dropped significantly since the first opinions were taken into account in the summer.
Research carried out in November showed his ratings have halved in just four months, putting him at +15.

Sir Keir came under fire from the left of Labour after kicking Rebecca Long-Bailey out of the shadow cabinet."

Approval rating LOWER than Corbin if that was possible.

And there's still the little matter of the Tory North, where leveling up is still part of the plan.

Lib/Labs are going to struggle whatever the Tories do. They have no household names, no policies, and they were never going to deliver Brexit. Joe public will remember who delivered.

Hey guys,

Has anyone heard from our Pat?

I notice since then end of the year no posts from him.

Pat if you are lurking and still kicking give us a signal. (y)

You dont HAVE to get the vaccine but if you dont then you wont be able to ...

Poland Becomes Latest Country To Roll Out Vaccine Passport​

The QR code “will be the so-called passport of the vaccinated person, which will confirm that the person has been vaccinated and can use the rights to which vaccinated people are entitled,” Goławska added.

YOU ARE BEING TREATED LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Coming soon to a country near you. Here NOW!
Get your non mandatory vaccine, there's a good boy! Limited time offer - Free dental chew bone with every shot.

View attachment 294480

8th December.​

Britons will NOT need to carry Covid vaccine cards, Health Secretary Matt Hancock confirms​

MATT HANCOCK insisted that Britons will not need to carry a vaccination card and clarified what the coronavirus passport is.​

--------------------------------------------------------------

24th Jan

Matt Hancock will not rule out vaccine passports as 8 schemes get £450k funding​

MATT HANCOCK has not ruled out vaccine passports for overseas travel during the COVID-19 pandemic.​

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Gone are the days when you could say anything and the next day what was reported is wrapping fish and chips. The internet is forever.

We don't need covid passports but I will give 8 Tory donors £1/2 m to investigate them.

Hey guys,
Has anyone heard from our Pat?
I notice since then end of the year no posts from him.
Pat if you are lurking and still kicking give us a signal. (y)
Good call At'.
@Pat494 - do you read us - come in Pat. If you don't respond to this, I'm gonna have to post something that'll really get your back up and force a post from you on your 'ART - not just pretty pics' thread!
Hope all's well with you 'n yours and you're back on here soon.
Tim.

Good call At'.
@Pat494 - do you read us - come in Pat. If you don't respond to this, I'm gonna have to post something that'll really get your back up and force a post from you on your 'ART - not just pretty pics' thread!
Hope all's well with you 'n yours and you're back on here soon.
Tim.

Whilst we are as it , where is Signalcalc? Not been on here for ages.