Asian Coronavirus Outbreak

You may jest, but it's actually true.
Oh the memories.
Spent 10 years happily working away in Labs up and down the land.
Aha! I had a feeling I was onto something.

By day, mild mannered curate, by night (or T2W) a frightening transformation into...aaargh...my God Carruthers, it's alive!!!:eek:

The real cost of Government policy!

10 months solitary confinement would be considered against the Universal Declaration of Human Rights

Last edited by a moderator:
We are so lucky to still have jobs at the moment. We’ve had a guy decorating the house for the last couple days. Got chatting and he said he’s a Ryanair pilot on furlough, and is doing this to pay the mortgage and support his family. Tbf he did a great job on the landing

We are so lucky to still have jobs at the moment. We’ve had a guy decorating the house for the last couple days. Got chatting and he said he’s a Ryanair pilot on furlough, and is doing this to pay the mortgage and support his family. Tbf he did a great job on the landing
He wants to be more careful with his chatting, or he'll find his furlough being reclaimed by HMRC !

He'll really be struggling to support his family if he gets found out.

Not judging him, just pointing out the high stakes he's gambling with if he's actually being paid to do nothing by Gov.uk.

;)

He wants to be more careful with his chatting, or he'll find his furlough being reclaimed by HMRC !

Not judging him, just pointing out the high stakes he's gambling with if he's actually being paid to do nothing by Gov.uk.

;)
Hi MoC...metinks you is doing a Drax there :)

;)
I thought we'd be more concerned about Atilla letting people into his bubble and helping spread the virus around. Have the police been informed?

I thought we'd be more concerned about Atilla letting people into his bubble and helping spread the virus around. Have the police been informed?
Why?

Is he in Scotland?

Where it is no exaggeration to say that anything other than having essential emergency repairs carried out to domestic premises has been specifically made a criminal offense under the devolved Coronavirus Regulations.

Hoots, the Laird 'll be sending the Sheriff round.

😷

Hmm interesting.

Suppose it depends how your painter decorator pilot buddy is contracted to the airline.
If he's actually directly employed by the airline and genuinely on furlough then he shouldn't be decorating your house !

Verdict....avoid, sounds like a right fly be night.

So by the measure proposed by our charming young friend here, the conspicuous absence of a toilet paper shortage in inter-war Germany was a clear indicator that the Nazis weren't full of shit and therefore rightful and righteous heirs.

A frequent problem with reducing arguments to the absurd is revealing one's own absurdity. Funny, that :p

A frequent problem with reducing arguments to the absurd is revealing one's own absurdity. Funny, that :p
Hi cant',
That depends on whether you're talking about me, the woman in the vid' or government policy!

On balance, I think her points are generally pretty sound and, certainly, far more pursuasive than the government's regarding the efficacy of masks. Just in case you're wondering, yes - I wear one when required, but I hate myself for being a coward and not having the courage and necessary emotional fortitude required to cope with the likely consequences of not wearing one.
Tim.

- I wear one when required, but I hate myself for being a coward and not having the courage and necessary emotional fortitude required to cope with the likely consequences of not wearing one.
But wearing a mask is so satisfying!

Knowing that it makes bugger all difference to virus transmission makes it all the more fun.

I suspect that, examined under a microscope, the bacterial population it hosts would rival that of the average cesspit.
After all, it's the same mask I've used (unwashed) daily, since this fiasco of a sh*t-show started.
But heck, they're my germs, so they're not going to do me any harm, they've populated my respiratory tract for years and we're both thriving with health. Not so sure they'd be so harmless to anyone else breathing them in! However, since the shops persist in insisting on customers wearing their masks to enter the premises, then so be it. Not my funeral.
And everybody smiles because they happily believe the delusion that masks stop the virus spreading.

They don't. All The Experts(WHO ect,) rightly said so from the get go and the rest is hogwash, political spin, psychological (you're doing your bit to save humanity) tripe and in complete contradiction to all the research on the subject.

When the lunatics are running the asylum, it's best to humour them.

😷

Hi cant',
That depends on whether you're talking about me, ...
It's always all about you Timsk :p

I promise that I wasn't talking about you and that this was an entirely general rant aimed at pissing everyone off. I swear that you hadn't even crossed what remains of my mind.

As MoC puts it succinctly "Not my funeral". I'm quite happy with people believing whatever truth or lies that takes their fancy and everyone has the right to take whatever risks they want. If they live or die I do NOT care.. but cough on me in the middle of a dangerous epidemic and I'll cheerfully stab you in the face.

...On that note, I wish you a cheerful and pleasant (and hopefully profitable) afternoon to you all.