Asian Coronavirus Outbreak

Been shopping. Not so bad.
Asda:
Milk available. Bread, too.
Still no soap. And no eggs! FFS. Buy eggs or loo roll, One, in boiled form, negates the need for the other.
Lots of chocs, crisps, pizzas. For some reason, they were out of blueberries.
No rush, quite a few covering faces. I had a scarf, so good.
Sains: was a queue to get in, didnt bother, so left it.
Not overly concerned about running out of stuff.
Neighbour has a sweet tooth. got her a case (a CASE) of coke.

To cheer things up a bit, what are the positive effects of Coronavirus?
1. Increased wildlife population - fewer dead foxes, badgers, hedgehogs on the side of the road.
2. The skies are CLEAR I dont just mean no clouds I mean no vapour trails from aircraft criss-crossing the sky, totally clear. Enjoy it while you can. (It will be interesting to see if the weather changes as soon as people start to move freely again).
3. Cleaner air.
4. Higher volatility ergo higher profits for us.
Other benefits ...

Still spraying everywhere I look

It's not really that the BBC is disliked, it's the dislike that the BBC has for sections of society that makes it less popular.

Except- all those that haven't forgotten about Jimmy Saville.... and the audience plant hit jobs.. and the documented bias against brexit...and the total 14 month non reporting of the war in Yemen funded by the west... and.. the undisguised contempt for their own country and it's people..and their belief that gender is a lifestyle choice..and their total disinterest in 1000's of rape victims.. ..and...we could be here all day.

Neighbour has a sweet tooth. got her a case (a CASE) of coke.
(y) (y) (y)
... one of the very few drinks still available with sugar in it.

- The rest are full of concoctions of sweet-tasting poisons and chemicals, 'cos that's like, err, ... much healthier. Doh!

Not generally a fan of 'product-placement' in forums, especially of big brands, but I'll gladly make an exception for a bold stance like this one, commercially motivated or not.

Telling the 'wokey trendy health fad brigade' where they can stick their sugar tax is fine by me.

:)

Relatively "normal" day on DAX, range has been around 150-ish pips. so far. lull before US open.

Used Barrels for SALE.

ONLY $23 each* ** ***

* cost new $117

** purchase price includes contents- purchaser to dispose of which.

*** for limited period, offer subject to availability.

Shake Ware Did Mi 4tune Go To.
Glass Palace To Let.
Canary Wharf.

o_O

Are you listening to radio 4? "Womens hour" is doing an article on this right now.
(Imagine trying to get away with a BBC prog called "Mens hour".)

What are they doing, moaning about the disproportionatly high number of male deaths! The inequality of it.

Remember the petrol riots of the early noughties when it just went ovewr the £1 ?
Yes Indeed. :)

I'm amazed there haven't been any bog-roll riots.
(Granted, there's been the odd hair-pulling, slapping scrum in supermarkets here and there).

I demand a full refund on the false panic rumours.

Even the Vest Wearing French, who can normally be relied on to riot at the slightest excuse, have miserably failed to oblige.

Lets see if the Yanks can do it, once the body count rockets there.

:devilish:

Yes Indeed. :)

I'm amazed there haven't been any bog-roll riots.
(Granted, there's been the odd hair-pulling, slapping scrum in supermarkets here and there).

I demand a full refund on the false panic rumours.

Even the Vest Wearing French, who can normally be relied on to riot at the slightest excuse, have miserably failed to oblige.

Lets see if the Yanks can do it, once the body count rockets there.

:devilish:
Be careful what you wish for.
When the French plan a riot, they get petrol, sheep, roadblocks, and yellow vests.
When the Americans plan a riot, they first stock up on AR-15s, Glocks, and ammo.

Be careful what you wish for.
When the French plan a riot, they get petrol, sheep, roadblocks, and yellow vests.
When the Americans plan a riot, they first stock up on AR-15s, Glocks, and ammo.
...and when the Brits plan a riot, they make a cuppa, complain about who didn't wash the cups out the last time and launch a full investigation into who snaffled that full packet of chocolate digestives. It's all about priorities.

Petition on NHS free parking has succeeded

.... so here I am, innocently bemused that the Yanks haven't plunged the dow into freefall on news of the 700% increase in unemployment claimants today.

But then I read that the G20 rich gits meetup in sunny sandy land have agreed to print themselves another £4 trillion to tide themselves through the next day or two.

Confused no more !

😷

.... so here I am, innocently bemused that the Yanks haven't plunged the dow into freefall on news of the 700% increase in unemployment claimants today.

But then I read that the G20 rich gits meetup in sunny sandy land have agreed to print themselves another £4 trillion to tide themselves through the next day or two.

Confused no more !

😷

The actual figure is only double the estimate. Have you ever seen such a chart !

In order to help reduce catching / spreading the virus when out and about, should we all adopt the niqab?
Seems eminently sensible.
(still think wearing inflatable dino-suits was a great idea, though)

😤

No luxury of working from home (apart from all the DIY jobs around the house)
Ever ready, prepared and preempted, my Key Worker travel letter obtained Monday of this week.

Tips in case you do get stopped.
Carry some assorted medicines in your vehicle.
Carry a bag of shopping in your vehicle.
Carry a note from your mum in the vehicle. :p