Asian Coronavirus Outbreak

Any articles on why Italy and Spain seem to have the highest death rate per case?

Any articles on why Italy and Spain seem to have the highest death rate per case?

Could come up with plenty of crackpot conspiracy theories to explain this :D

but it's most simply just a reflection of the proportion of elderly in the population, compared to elsewhere.

That'll no doubt become obvious from statistics over the coming weeks.

😷

I'm sure you meant flour stocks have gone, and the thing about that is those stupid enough to stockpile flour will have no idea how to make bread with it! Most of this stuff food will end up in landfill in the next 6 months.

Especially as retailers are not allowing returns on mass bought items.

Not a lot of stock of anything in the local CO-OP this morning.
A staff member was sticking up higher prices though !
The capitalists are having a bonanza now.
The rise in markets with the money injection will not last long imho.
More of a " dead cat " bounce before it plummets again.

They have higher aged population and live in extended families. They eat together and share salads spoons food utensils etc. Hugs and kisses too.

After Japan, Italy has the highest % elderly per population.

Demographic factors.

Somebody also said Italy and Spain are popular tourist destinations for Chinese tourists.

It was also mentioned that Ibufren was taken in early stages which may have contributed to deteriation of those who had the bug.

Climate / temperature / humidity all possible factors too.

They may be dirtier than rest of European countries.

Don't wash hands as often.

Have a very touchy kissy culture.

Totally different breed to the English imo.

Did you see the STARLINK Train 2 nights ago I was outside looking but didnt catch it.

See them every night around here, also saw the space station last night (y)

Agree with the peace and quiet, traffic noise much reduced, it's like going back 15 years before they built thousands of houses on the green belt and incentivised the angry Londoners to move into them.

They have higher aged population and live in extended families. They eat together and share salads spoons food utensils etc. Hugs and kisses too.

After Japan, Italy has the highest % elderly per population.

Demographic factors.

Somebody also said Italy and Spain are popular tourist destinations for Chinese tourists.

It was also mentioned that Ibufren was taken in early stages which may have contributed to deteriation of those who had the bug.

Climate / temperature / humidity all possible factors too.

They may be dirtier than rest of European countries.

Don't wash hands as often.

Have a very touchy kissy culture.

Totally different breed to the English imo.

More likely:

More likely:

If that news is accurate and not just propoganda for the far right, I'd assume those withe virus and also dying are Chinese?

I'll fish around to see what comes out.

We have China Town in Leicester Square and a large Chinese population as well as students all over England. Surprising UK have not seen a similar explosion.

I would go as far as to say having personal experience with the Chinese that they are far more clean, prepared, wear masks and disinfect washing hands more than any other party I've come into contact with.

So I'm not inclined to believe those two pieces of alternative media news unless I see some dare I say it official numbers from legitimate and respected sources.

If that news is accurate and not just propoganda for the far right, I'd assume those withe virus and also dying are Chinese?

We have China Town in Leicester Square and a large Chinese population as well as students all over England. Surprising UK have not seen a similar explosion.

I would go as far as to say having personal experience with the Chinese that they are far more clean, prepared, wear masks and disinfect washing hands more than any other party I've come into contact with.

So I'm not inclined to believe those two pieces of alternative media news unless I see some dare I say it official numbers from legitimate and respected sources.

The very fact that we are an island will also help. Very much doubt that the UK will see anything like the numbers that we see in Europe. When all this is done, I suspect the EU will have some very difficult questions to answer.

As to those numbers; (Global)

Total Confirmed Positive Test Results to date = 451,355.

Of which, Total Subsequent Deaths = 20,499.

Or ~ 4.54% Fatality Rate.

Source- Johns Hopkins, tracking all official figures worldwide as released.

😷

Of course, nothing is verified until it's verified (y)

Of course, nothing is verified until it's verified (y)

Well Chinese populations in the following countries based on a rudimentary look up on google are...

Italy - 300K
Spain - 200K

UK - 400K - I don't know if this includes university students.

:unsure:

Not a lot of stock of anything in the local CO-OP this morning.
A staff member was sticking up higher prices though !
The capitalists are having a bonanza now.
The rise in markets with the money injection will not last long imho.
More of a " dead cat " bounce before it plummets again.
Interesting.

From what I saw in South London this morning it would seem that the Stupidity curve is already beginning to flatten out. No queue at all at Lidl, smaller Sainsbury's and Tescos. No loo-paper or LongLife milk but the manager at Lidl reckoned that deliveries were increasing in both quantity and frequency and "about a week should do it". Somewhat optimistic but from a guy who does this every day.

At some point in the next couple of weeks we'll suddenly reach a collective awareness that filling yr living-room with toilet paper was perhaps not the smartest of moves and this will be followed by mountains of toilet paper at the supermarkets.

I'd agree that the bounce is just that and not a recovery but nonetheless the Cat is displaying some seriously rubbery properties. I await the next lurch down with ravenous anticipation.

All fun.

ALL foreign press correspondents are being expelled from China.
But nobody believes their state media anyway.
Must have something pretty nasty happening to order that sort of cover up.

ALL foreign press correspondents are being expelled from China.
But nobody believes their state media anyway.
Must have something pretty nasty happening to order that sort of cover up.
They are 'officially' reporting no more cases, but jurno's showing pictures of bodies is going to put a fly in that ointment. The Chinese face two options, tell the world the truth or get rid of all non state sanctioned media. To the Chinese telling the truth is not an option.

I'm taking the liberty of posting this offering from the BBC - when you've finished crossing yourselves and spitting, give it a read. It's not just about the virus and gives some interesting insight on the US and our favourite president from a seasoned observer - a Brit, of course:)

I'm taking the liberty of posting this offering from the BBC - when you've finished crossing yourselves and spitting, give it a read. It's not just about the virus and gives some interesting insight on the US and our favourite president from a seasoned observer - a Brit, of course:)

It's not really that the BBC is disliked, it's the dislike that the BBC has for sections of society that makes it less popular.

I do think that Trump is suffering with Coronamadness, not quite out of his league, but nevertheless I sense a president at unease.

Globally, China, Russia, N.Korea, Central & S.America, MENA, ISIS, Afrique they are all still threats!