Asian Coronavirus Outbreak

The point I'm trying to make is: . . .
Hi Postie,
Thanks for the clarification.
" . . . The fact that humans produce electro magnetic fields does not mean they are effected by other forms of electromagnetism such as 5G . . ." Possibly. However, until there's proof that they're not doing us real harm, I'll stick to my belief that they are. Many human activities are harmful - even if we have to wait decades for scientists to prove it. Back in the day, my (our?) parents thought that smoking was okay. My late mother didn't want to live in a city because she thought car fumes were polluting and bad for one's health. She thought the same about refined sugar, processed food and fizzy pop - all of which I had hardly any of as a child. She couldn't prove any of it and was considered a crankpot at the time (60s and 70s). Not any more. Additionally, she was a homeoepath - a form of alternative medicine that scientists have 'proved' doesn't work, in the same way that they once proved bumblebees can't fly. Just because science is yet to prove or find evidence for something (i.e. smoking causers cancer) doesn't mean it's not so. Personally, it's a no-brainer, just as it's a no-brainer that the economic and health effects of the current lock down are likely to be more severe and long lasting than the virus itself. Obesity will soar, as will mental health problems, along with domestic violence - not to mention the crippling effects of debt that huge numbers of people will - and are being - plunged into.
Tim.

The point I'm trying to make is:
The moon affects water on the earth and humans are made from mostly water so humans are affected by the moon shows correlation not causation (the term lunacy was created to link the two " insanity of an intermittent kind attributed to changes of the moon " ). There is no evidence for this claim.

The fact that humans produce electro magnetic fields does not mean they are effected by other forms of electromagnetism such as 5G. You said "almost certainly, the invisible electro-magnetic fields all around us are doing us real harm" do you have any evidence for that claim?
Endless research was done to try to link mobile phone use to brain tumors ('cause there was lots of money to be made from it if it was true) but none was found. Sticking an electromagnetic transmitter millimeters from your brain causes no noticeable damage.

Some people have mood swings for no apparent reason. Who knows.

Can't see gravity either but makes planets turn.

Or the theory of flight, how a several hundred ton machine stays up in the air. Without any strings attached!

Try explaining that to caveman?

Be patient... :geek:

Hi Postie,
Thanks for the clarification.
" . . . The fact that humans produce electro magnetic fields does not mean they are effected by other forms of electromagnetism such as 5G . . ." Possibly. However, until there's proof that they're not doing us real harm, I'll stick to my belief that they are. Many human activities are harmful - even if we have to wait decades for scientists to prove it. Back in the day, my (our?) parents thought that smoking was okay. My late mother didn't want to live in a city because she thought car fumes were polluting and bad for one's health. She thought the same about refined sugar, processed food and fizzy pop - all of which I had hardly any of as a child. She couldn't prove any of it and was considered a crankpot at the time (60s and 70s). Not any more. Additionally, she was a homeoepath - a form of alternative medicine that scientists have 'proved' doesn't work, in the same way that they once proved bumblebees can't fly. Just because science is yet to prove or find evidence for something (i.e. smoking causers cancer) doesn't mean it's not so. Personally, it's a no-brainer, just as it's a no-brainer that the economic and health effects of the current lock down are likely to be more severe and long lasting than the virus itself. Obesity will soar, as will mental health problems, along with domestic violence - not to mention the crippling effects of debt that huge numbers of people will - and are being - plunged into.
Tim.

"just as it's a no-brainer that the economic and health effects of the current lock down are likely to be more severe and long lasting than the virus itself. Obesity will soar, as will mental health problems, along with domestic violence - not to mention the crippling effects of debt that huge numbers of people will - and are being - plunged into. "

We agree on so much.

I just found this today, the guy who creates these videos is great at explaining complex maths in a 'less' complex form (note NOT simple). It gives a mathematical reason (at 7:02) why segregation doesn't alter the growth rate which was puzzling me earlier.

He has great ones on modeling 'supply and demand', and 'competition' and is accessible to GCSE level students.

These videos are what I watch for fun!

D
Some people have mood swings for no apparent reason. Who knows.

Can't see gravity either but makes planets turn.

Or the theory of flight, how a several hundred ton machine stays up in the air. Without any strings attached!

Try explaining that to caveman?

Be patient... :geek:

Don't forget magnetism and electro-magnetism, electricity, radio waves, atoms, quarks, strangeness and charm and so on......

All are still theories, normalised through scientific explanation and named after the people that discovered various aspects of them, nothing special really other than the human concept of mathematics, physics, biology and chemistry that our pea sized brains manage to explain and harness these items.

All theories, unproven how or why they exist, just like our own very existence.

cough.jpg

"just as it's a no-brainer that the economic and health effects of the current lock down are likely to be more severe and long lasting than the virus itself. Obesity will soar, as will mental health problems, along with domestic violence - not to mention the crippling effects of debt that huge numbers of people will - and are being - plunged into. "

We agree on so much.
Well, we are most certainly agreed on this.

Very little doubt that the measures being taken to slow the death-rate (not reduce, just slow) are, in the longer term, going to kill and severely impact the health of far more people than the virus itself ever will.

Overall, an utterly illogical panic driven response that will turn what would have been a record spike in flu-season deaths (and then over and done with) into a global catastrophe with consequences that will rumble on for years.

Place is run by incompetent morons.

Nothing new there !

😷

Very little doubt that the measures being taken to slow the death-rate (not reduce, just slow) are, in the longer term, going to kill and severely impact the health of far more people than the virus itself ever will.

Overall, an utterly illogical panic driven response that will turn what would have been a record spike in flu-season deaths (and then over and done with) into a global catastrophe with consequences that will rumble on for years.

Nothing new there !

😷
I think you may have missed the point on WHY the lockdown was rushed through, its quite clever.
Warning conspiracy theory alert.
We have case law and precedent, so if this (non) emergency can be used as an excuse to rush through laws in 1 day to confine the population of Britain then the next time it is needed we have precedent and it should be easy to obtain.
With growing populations 'policing by consent' is going to become more difficult, civil unrest will increase and firmer powers will be needed in the future (China cant control 1 billion+ people with policing by consent).
Expect a gradual erosion of freedoms in the dystopian future.

Nothing new there !

😷

I like to think of it this way, if I get the Chinese Flu in the next 2-6 weeks and need a ventilator to keep me alive for a couple of days until I am able to breathe on my own again, right in the peak of the virus in the UK, so there are no spare ventilators or staff to operate them, therefore I die, I would be unhappy in my after-life that we didn't take steps to save lives. Same goes for any other non-flu related illness that might befall us and kills us because of lack of medical attention, because the medical services are overwhelmed.

Whereas, normally I would have recovered and survived and lived until the next outbreak.

Then I am happy to make a sacrifice of some sort. OTOH if it turns out out be a false flag......but somehow, all the signs point to the former and not the latter.

I think Boris playing clever game.

Police can't enforce decision on number of points raised.

I can go and exercise as many times as I like how will they verify how many times I've been out.

There will always be a few but by the number of cars and pedestrians out on the streets, public have heeded his calls.

It's not law. Just talk.

Public on the whole well behaved.

Some companies however abusing low end employees not paying 80%. Saying to get 80% they still have to go into work. Shocking. Does anyone know if there is any course of action one can take?

Last edited:
I think Boris playing clever game.

Police can't enforce decision and number of points raised.

I can go and exercise as many times as I like how will they verify how many times I've been out.

There will always be a few but by the number of cars and pedestrians out on the streets, public have heeded his calls.

It's not law. Just talk.

Public on the whole well behaved.

Some companies however abusing low end employees not paying 80%. Saying to get 80% they still have to go into work. Shocking. Does anyone know if there is any course of action one can take?
The employees could cough on their managers.

I like to think of it this way,...
This is true, and all very well.
& I'm not belittling meaningful efforts to save lives.
But the case you correctly envisage is one of saving a very few lives during the short period where numbers exceed facilities available. But we don't apply this logic the rest of the time, so what's so special about Covid19 ??
[ for example in the provision of emergency cardiac facilities- sure, some folks die every year because there are no facilities close by enough to save them, but that doesn't justify providing those missing facilities, since they are surplus to requirements the rest and most of, the time.]

Also worthy of note is the lack of transparency in the published figures.

So, how many of these people (who happened to test positive for virus) that died, would have been expected to die anyway due to their underlying medical conditions and compromised immune systems. ???

Sure, Coronavirus killed some of them off, but I suspect most of them would have snuffed it regardless, likely from common or garden flu or some other superbug that hospitals are normally infested with.

😷

. . . Expect a gradual erosion of freedoms in the dystopian future.
Well Postie, this might give you some cause to be - if not optimistic exactly - perhaps a little less pessimistic. Steve Baker speaking on behalf of many subscribers to this thread, I suspect. What a class bloke he is . . .

This is true, and all very well.
& I'm not belittling meaningful efforts to save lives.
But the case you correctly envisage is one of saving a very few lives during the short period where numbers exceed facilities available. But we don't apply this logic the rest of the time, so what's so special about Covid19 ??
[ for example in the provision of emergency cardiac facilities- sure, some folks die every year because there are no facilities close by enough to save them, but that doesn't justify providing those missing facilities, since they are surplus to requirements the rest and most of, the time.]

Also worthy of note is the lack of transparency in the published figures.

So, how many of these people (who happened to test positive for virus) that died, would have been expected to die anyway due to their underlying medical conditions and compromised immune systems. ???

Sure, Coronavirus killed some of them off, but I suspect most of them would have snuffed it regardless, likely from common or garden flu or some other superbug that hospitals are normally infested with.

😷

I don't exactly know why this particular Covid is different from others, it's supposedly far easier to catch and more deadly than previous strains, my conspiracy theory hat has told me from the start that this is man made and that the powers that be know this, but they don't know the long term implications, hence the global reaction we are seeing.

The front facing reason is the overwhelming of the health services based on the numbers of infected entering the system, with the knock on effects on people that will die (secondary casualties) as a result of lack of care at the right time, I wouldn't want to break and arm or leg at peak time, add in any complications and the whole scenario is compounded.

We can only hope to minimise the effect and get a large number of people infected and recovered, hence the lockdown.

I don't like the imposition of wartime rules, they musn't be permanent, and given that there is going to be trouble on the streets if it goes on too long or too many people lose their livelihoods for a long time without support, or the organised crims take advantage and run the police and military ragged, the lockdown thing is risky in itself.

Albania appears to be a country to watch for trouble sparking with much more stringent measures on their population, and we know Albanian criminal gangs can be resourceful and cunning, trouble all round. I'm not even going to go to the USA where everyone has weapons.......

The powers that be have never been in this situation before, they are in the same boat as the rest of us, blind leading the blind? I sincerely hope not!

Last edited: