Asian Coronavirus Outbreak

I do think that Trump is suffering with Coronamadness, not quite out of his league, but nevertheless I sense a president at unease.

Globally, China, Russia, N.Korea, Central & S.America, MENA, ISIS, Afrique they are all still threats!

He should be worried.
US is set to top the Covid19 league table pretty soon.

Just heard some stuff on the radio.

Sounded like BJ was making a war speech.

Talk about melodrama on TV.

Accompanied by some dramatic music piece too.

Should I sleep under my bed tonight to avoid catching the dreaded V???

Rum, Egg. Shetlands, Orkneys etc. probably better bets.
Interesting to know where the super rich are hiding these days.

To cheer things up a bit, what are the positive effects of Coronavirus?
1. Increased wildlife population - fewer dead foxes, badgers, hedgehogs on the side of the road.
2. The skies are CLEAR I dont just mean no clouds I mean no vapour trails from aircraft criss-crossing the sky, totally clear. Enjoy it while you can. (It will be interesting to see if the weather changes as soon as people start to move freely again).
3. Cleaner air.
4. Higher volatility ergo higher profits for us.
Other benefits ...

With so few aircraft in the skies, this is an interesting time to view flightradar24. The odd stuff really stands out. Yesterday I was quickly able to spot a pair of Dassault FA20's from Bournemouth carrying out military exercises / training over Devon and the Channel, plus a Beluga (Google it, has to be seen to be believed) en route from Toulouse to Hawarden.

Also a new icon popped up, showing a drone over the Dover Straights, G-TEKV. This is a surveillance drone operated by Tekever under contract to the Home Office patrolling for illegal Channel crossings.

(Thinks: I really have too much time on my hands........)

With so few aircraft in the skies, this is an interesting time to view flightradar24. The odd stuff really stands out. Yesterday I was quickly able to spot a pair of Dassault FA20's from Bournemouth carrying out military exercises / training over Devon and the Channel, plus a Beluga (Google it, has to be seen to be believed) en route from Toulouse to Hawarden.

Also a new icon popped up, showing a drone over the Dover Straights, G-TEKV. This is a surveillance drone operated by Tekever under contract to the Home Office patrolling for illegal Channel crossings.
(Thinks: I really have too much time on my hands........)
We all have time on our hands, and that site was one I visited yesterday as well. The thing I noticed was you can see the helicopters more clearly as the 'noise' of the masses of aircraft was previously drowning them out.
To see Heathrow and Gatwick with almost zero traffic :eek: and being able to see the baggage handling / maintenance vehicles move around the airport as they have transponders on too, crazy times.

Maybe we need a new Coronavirus thread, where we have a library of upbeat stuff.
Like, favourite HIIT or Tabata style exercises to stay fit,.
And recipes using unusual items that dont get bulk-bought, etc.
Links of short YT courses, (OU has free resources) to improve basic skills, like maybe coding, electronics, learn new business skills, eg, Six Sigma.
The enforced self-isolation is also a chance to improve oneself, rather than just live in limbo.
(I am guessing we traders are more likely to be this way anyway!)

While I can't get out I'm also driving a lot more UK Truck Simulator - an old game but just the thing if you need a bit of motorway boredom.

Maybe we need a new Coronavirus thread, where we have a library of upbeat stuff.
Like, favourite HIIT or Tabata style exercises to stay fit,.
And recipes using unusual items that dont get bulk-bought, etc.
Links of short YT courses, (OU has free resources) to improve basic skills, like maybe coding, electronics, learn new business skills, eg, Six Sigma.
The enforced self-isolation is also a chance to improve oneself, rather than just live in limbo.
(I am guessing we traders are more likely to be this way anyway!)
Are you listening to radio 4? "Womens hour" is doing an article on this right now.
(Imagine trying to get away with a BBC prog called "Mens hour".)

To cheer things up a bit, what are the positive effects of Coronavirus?
1. Increased wildlife population - fewer dead foxes, badgers, hedgehogs on the side of the road.
2. The skies are CLEAR I dont just mean no clouds I mean no vapour trails from aircraft criss-crossing the sky, totally clear. Enjoy it while you can. (It will be interesting to see if the weather changes as soon as people start to move freely again).
3. Cleaner air.
4. Higher volatility ergo higher profits for us.
Other benefits ...

5. Petrol 99p per litre.