Asian Coronavirus Outbreak

A pity the BIG 3 didn't spend our money more wisely. Less weapons and more scientific labs etc, to cope with these pandemics.
Can the virus be nuked ? Of course not silly.

I must say I seem better today. 48 hours of fever, drowsiness, headache, muscle pains in legs, swollen throat glands, abdominal cramps, loose stools...... oh boy.

I just thought you guys might like to know......
im sure its not c19 mate-keep us updated though.ive had a cold for a month now -still fit but snotty with crusty morning eyes

I went through the stages of shock, disbelief, anger and acceptance sometime in January when China went into lockdown...
Why?
I get the "shock" bit - sort of, but the rest is pretty standard behaviour for the regime. It would be a laugh though, if this episode leads to a systemic change. Not holding my breath, though maybe I should be, given the current circumstances :)

I must say I seem better today. 48 hours of fever, drowsiness, headache, muscle pains in legs, swollen throat glands, abdominal cramps, loose stools...... oh boy.

Loose stools, eh Tommo?
Perhaps you could stop the details at that level as I'm sure we all have fertile imaginations and can envisage quite enough.
I can't trade for shit anyway and what with your faecal bulletins and the bog roll pandemic I have a feeling that things could get very messy - see the Flosser's thread. Mind you, I had a puntlet on EG earlier on which left me feeling flushed with something, even if it wasn't success.

Good news, have you been tested?

Good news, have you been tested?

No, NHS guidance is you only get tested if you have to go to hospital: otherwise, assume you've got it and stay under the duvet for a week.

Oddly their stats say 95% of people tested with suspect symptoms have been negative. So what's going on there?

Here's an interesting story I came across today, this is real or fake news?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-Australian-researchers-CURE-coronavirus.html

Try this.

Or this (10 second search)

'Vaccine development is a long, complex process, often lasting 10-15 years and involving a combination of public and private involvement.'

Hopefully people will research this before calls for forced vaccination get louder as they absolutely will.

At that point calling people 'antivaxers' will sound even less of a convincing argument than it does now.

Last edited:
No, NHS guidance is you only get tested if you have to go to hospital: otherwise, assume you've got it and stay under the duvet for a week.

Oddly their stats say 95% of people tested with suspect symptoms have been negative. So what's going on there?

There are two strains of Covid-19, apparently.

You have the mild one. Doesn't count perhaps.

We were discussing the same thing with colleagues at work. Timsk indicated the same in earlier posts. We noticed quite a few of us were under the weather between Jan/Feb.

I think this virus started just before xmas but didn't hit the headlines until 2nd week of Jan.

Super timing just before xmas when peeps travel and celebrate new year and stuff. Then there is the Chinese new year of course.

What a clever virus eh? Just coincidental I'm sure.

Anyhow, to play it down and prevent panic probably is more of a management approach to the crises perhaps who knows?

Like SC I am sceptical of official statements. To think we slag off the Chinese is kinda funni too.

Why?
I get the "shock" bit - sort of, but the rest is pretty standard behaviour for the regime. It would be a laugh though, if this episode leads to a systemic change. Not holding my breath, though maybe I should be, given the current circumstances :)

It was the response I had when they locked China down, the realisation that this could be heading our way.

Talking to people in t'North of England today, they are still in denial, we have food shortages and queues in the South already, not so in the North. Only 2 cases reported they say, week or two behind maybe (more like days) but no acknowldedgment of the impending trials and tribulations, waking up is hard to do (and convincing people there is a big problem heading their way even harder).

This BBC video is interesting as it talks about AI and vaccines for the bug.

im sure its not c19 mate-keep us updated though.ive had a cold for a month now -still fit but snotty with crusty morning eyes
😷
Glad to hear you are both still alive and kicking. :)

Probably just your common or garden flu bug, but to be sure you should examine all bodily secretions closely for any signs of Corvid19:

Spread loose stools over a large flat surface (the kitchen table is ideal) and study with magnifying glass as it dries. Any wriggling virus particles or unusually fragrant vapours* can then be quickly detected and compared with known signs of Corvid infection. Snot can be sprayed onto any convenient smooth surface, but crusty secretions may need to be gently removed with sandpaper** or vacuuming.

TMI

:p

* If these symptoms fail to induce vomiting in other family members or visitors and persist for 48 hours or more, you should consult a doctor or pharmacist.
** Kiddies- Please seek the help of a parent or guardian before operating tools or machinery.

This BBC video is interesting as it talks about AI and vaccines for the bug.

A BBC mini documentary that starts with "the truth about the truth about Coronavirus", do I really need to watch further, it's most likely full of no truth whatsoever?

And a quick look at the markets so far today ....

Overnight, Japan's benchmark Nikkei 225 lost 1.7%, the Hang Seng in Hong was down by 1.9%, and China's Shanghai Composite fell by 0.5%.

At around lunchtime UK time the FTSE 100 was down 4.7%.

The FTSE 250 is down 5.59%.

France's CAC 40 is off 5.7%.

Germany's DAX is off 5.3%.

Amsterdam is down 5.1%

& US markets have followed Europe and Asia down.

The S&P 500 has fallen 5.21% to 2,397.79, while Dow Jones is down 5.22% at 20,129.70.

The Nasdaq has lost 4.33% to drop to 7,017.38.

😷