Asian Coronavirus Outbreak

State and Council elections yesterday in Queensland.
Total opposite what the government is telling us to do.
$130 fine if you don't vote or get your name ticked off.
Knew that 50 Parkrun shirt would come in handy.

1585462284262.png

At least one person on the planet is having a good time !!
Wouldn’t be surprised if there is a bit of “social disorder” if things go pear shaped in a number of countries. The disparity between rich and poor is going to be brought out starkly .

Following on in the display of unity, co-operation and support that has been the hallmark of responses to the pandemic from Governments the World over [not] :

The United States of America responds with bigger and better measures ......

'Heavily armed National Guard Troops and State Police enforce road blocks on routes into Rhode Island to deter Virus Infested Zombies fleeing New York from spreading contagion.'

😷

My forecast is supplies of anti bacterial hand cleaner, rice, bread, meat, veg will be back to normal within 5 days. Then the stupid ones will be sitting at home with their kids and no room to move because the house is full of 24 pack toilet rolls.
IMO we're rapidly approaching Peak Stupidity with regard to panic buying.
The supermarket chains have been working on their supply chains and delivery processes for a few weeks now and the results will start to become apparent in days.
Well , not quite there yet but The Streatham Sunday Stupid Report is proud to give an account of South London cretins and their panic buying foolishness. I really need some of those wildlife cams that Dickie uses but anyway...:

Big Sainsbury: 11h00- Car park numbers well below normal. Entry limited to 1 in 1 out. One brand and pack size of toilet paper with shelf soon empty. Other shelves empty but fresh stuff and milk in abundance....and houmous and guacamole too!

Big Tesco: 11h10 - Didn't( see car park as it's in the bowels of the earth and hidden away. No queue at all. Entry limited to 1 in 1 out. Some toilet paper. Most stuff available. No long life milk. Loads of fresh everything.

Lidl: 11h25 - a bizarre experience all round. Car park at back nearly empty with 6 people in queue. At the front 50 people in line. Entry limited to 1 in 1 out. Lots of toilet paper, eggs but no long life milk. Most products well stocked including tinned food.

Iceland: 11h30 - 10 people queuing. Entry limited to 1 in 1 out. Stocks patchy.

Small Sainsbury and Tesco - 11h45ish: 6 customers in each and no queues. No toilet paper. Good range of most other stuff.

Decided to do my shopping at Tesco and then trudged home.

One thing that I thought was strange was that almost no staff were wearing masks even if they didn't have speaking roles. Cashiers were all wearing gloves but some security guys weren't. Mask/glove wearing customers were few and far between and I have to admit that I did rather stand out in my fluorescent green dino suit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course at this stage of lockdown lunacy, one might pause to reflect that we wouldn't be in this mess if we weren't so terribly good at spreading germs around the planet at supersonic speeds into even the very remotest of places.

Before we became so efficient at this, it was at least possible to brace for an epidemic before it arrived by slower means of transport, rather than have to react rather ineffectually weeks after the infection has already invaded swathes of the populace.

Ahhh, the price of progress ...

😷

I'm moving to Rutland.
The Ruttles and no Coronavirus - whats not to like.
Correction: 2 cases now.
Bad move !
(there are still some relatively virus-free Islands off the North West Coast though, if you enjoy the delights of guano, seaweed and barnacles as your primary resources, rather than Tesco, Amazon and Dial-a-pizza.)

But, on the bright side, at least Rutland still has some Smallpox Evacuation Camps left over from previous epidemics.

😷

This video has been removed for violating YouTube's Community Guidelines.

Watch here while you can

Too late.

EDIT
here

one more piece of evidence that shows youtube is the enemy?

More than one source (one a nurse) said Ipswich hospital empty a few days back

Last edited:
cantagril makes a good point about shopworkers.
when I last went, Thursday, I noted to the woman at the checkout that they needed the face-masks most since they were in proximity of loads of people going through the checkouts.
They were possibly more likely to get exposed than the transient shopper.
Hope I didnt scare her.

Will be making another foray tomorrow, around 10:30am.
If it was as calm as last time, no biggie. Hope they have eggs this time, though.
Hope you have a relaxing, and profitable week.

What are the stats on people asking banks for mortgage holidays?
I got an email from my Council describing how to get a Council Tax delay of 2 months.

This video has been removed for violating YouTube's Community Guidelines.

Watch here while you can

Too late.

EDIT
here

one more piece of evidence that shows youtube is the enemy?

More than one source (one a nurse) said Ipswich hospital empty a few days back

Now we are getting somewhere.

Looks like all deaths are being lumped together in the name of Coronavirus19.
The point is that Coronavirus19 is simply the final straw for those with underlying medical conditions.
Everyone eventually dies of infection, just depends which one gets you!
So without proper reporting on deaths listing preexisting conditions, Coronavirus19 CAN and IS being blamed for ALL deaths!

That's some agenda going on here! The whole world in Lock Down aided and abetted by Govt's and MSM.
The public going along with it because they still believe in so called "trusted sources".

Last edited:
Another thing that I noticed...

Asda had laid out hand sanitiser bottles (didn't we used to call that "soap" in the olden days), and tissue wipes.
It occurred to me that the plunger part was touched by everyone before me, and was likely host to dozens of previous peoples germs, sweat, etc.

Or am I being paranoid?

So without proper reporting on deaths listing preexisting conditions, Coronavirus19 CAN and IS being blamed for ALL deaths!

Well of course it is !

You could equally report on the numbers of deaths of persons with grey hair- and come up with equally spectacular figures.

No one is reporting on any meaningful stats yet, that'd be far too sensible.

All we do know for certain, as far as Europe is concerned, is that the ongoing recent death rates for most countries up to a third of the way into March (the most recent data compiled) are below the normal historical average.

But one can't justify lockdowns based on trivial things like facts and evidence, after all. Don't be so silly.

If the present insane and irrational response to a relative mundane strain of Coronavirus is anything to judge by, then we are most surely doomed to certain oblivion if anything actually resembling a genuine pandemic ever befalls us again.

From all the media hype, I'm amazed at not needing to wade through mounds of festering corpses littering the streets.

But hey, for all I know, the authorities could be rounding them up and cremating them faster than they drop dead ...
What, with the 'stay at home', 'meet nobody' curfews and everything.

😷

Another thing that I noticed...

Asda had laid out hand sanitiser bottles (didn't we used to call that "soap" in the olden days), and tissue wipes.
It occurred to me that the plunger part was touched by everyone before me, and was likely host to dozens of previous peoples germs, sweat, etc.

Or am I being paranoid?

Only if you think you're gonna die of the flu.

Were you paranoid last year?