Asian Coronavirus Outbreak

😷 😷 😷 😷 😷 😷 😷 😷 😷 😷 😷 😷 😷 😷 😷 😷 😷

Declare this an emergency Come on and spread a sense of urgency And pull us through And pull us through And this is the end This is the end Of the world And it's time we saw a miracle Come on it's time for something biblical To pull us through And pull us through And this is the end This is the end Of the world Proclaim eternal victory Come on and change the course of history And pull us through And pull us through And this is the end This is the end Of the world

We have the second Messiah on the hot line (or should I say Bat phone).

What a horrible lady. I always thought Australians were such charming lovely people. The illusion now shattered. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I hope she is named and shamed. 👹👺👿

You’re deluded..... so did I until I actually lived in ‘stralia

I always thought Australians were such charming lovely people. The illusion now shattered. :eek: :eek: :eek:
You’re deluded..... so did I until I actually lived in ‘stralia
You're too much of an idealist Att'...a lot of us have completely unrealistic perceptions of stuff we don't know or have personal experience of. I too lived there for a while and I thought the good outweighed the bad.

Unfortunately, though the Ozzies are indeed the salt of earth good blokes (and sheilas) that we'd like to think, they're also just as mean, ignorant, stupid and rude as Brits...it's just that they're doing it in the sun, with some interesting animals* and more barbecues - both intentional and not so much.

* a few less of those, mostly due to the barbies.

You're too much of an idealist Att'...a lot of us have completely unrealistic perceptions of stuff we don't know or have personal experience of. I too lived there for a while and I thought the good outweighed the bad.

Unfortunately, though the Ozzies are indeed the salt of earth good blokes (and sheilas) that we'd like to think, they're also just as mean, ignorant, stupid and rude as Brits...it's just that they're doing it in the sun, with some interesting animals* and more barbecues - both intentional and not so much.

Don’t want to go off topic (yes I do) but the Aussies you meet working in London and other overseas locations are the “elite” ( with the honourable exception of Bali which is Bogan central).
That said there are plenty of friendly, down to earth aussie’s in country - provided you are in violent agreement that ‘stralia is the best country in the world, you are not supporting England during the Ashes ( like I do ) and you don’t start conversations about highbrow subjects but stick to “footy” in all its shapes and forms.

We Brits used to be such polite people until the sixties when most things here went to pot.
The Ozzies started sledging in Test matches - aaaaah ! Then they put players in coloured pyjamas to actually play !
I mean really................how low can you go.

Many, many small businesses are gonna go under, with or without restrictions, people will hoard their money in times like this. Bog roll and teabags being the bare minimum spend needed, maybe throw in some supernoodles or if feeling lavish from the stir craziness of one's own home, how about some eggy bread.

Survival rations = survival spending, hotels, B&B's, holiday parks, coach transport, knock on effects are endless, the whole of the EU in lockdown, whilst we Brits are free from such restrictions, we can do what we jolly well like, whilst the infected continent zombiefies itself, oh, erm.......

For all my lil fwiends at T2W...

You no worry. I have plenti :cool:

1583881050921.png

Right.
Let's get serious about Coronovirus.

If testing is not being done, then you have no idea where to target resources and what the action plan should be.

Death rate percentage variances between different countries are simply a reflection on how many people have been tested.
The US is so far behind the curve it's astounding.
South Korea has carried out the most tests and whilst they have a high number of positive cases, their death rate as a percentage is quite low.
So for a country with a high death rate as a percentage, it simply means that those who are infected are under the radar and are spreading the virus willy nilly.

If you don't do the testing, you can't effect a solution.

Right.
Let's get serious about Coronovirus.

If testing is not being done, then you have no idea where to target resources and what the action plan should be.

Death rate percentage variances between different countries are simply a reflection on how many people have been tested.
The US is so far behind the curve it's astounding.
South Korea has carried out the most tests and whilst they have a high number of positive cases, their death rate as a percentage is quite low.
So for a country with a high death rate as a percentage, it simply means that those who are infected are under the radar and are spreading the virus willy nilly.

If you don't do the testing, you can't effect a solution.

It's to do with demographics too.

Italy have close extended family networks so larger families. In Korea probably younger population with smaller households.

Italians live together, eat together and shit together. Koreans live alone playing games by themselves on the whole, if you'll forgive me for generalising.

Apparently virus transmission more common in close contact in houses rather than when in transit.

Measure all you want, not likely to get any accurate numbers imo. Some may have had it and not realised other than just a cold. In another couple of weeks we'll all be wondering what the big fuss was all about.

PS. All those toilet paper sellers going to have a sh!tty time in May / June / July as toilet paper sales drop whilst sh!tters get through their stock piles.

Gotta laf.

It's to do with demographics too.

Italy have close extended family networks so larger families. In Korea probably younger population with smaller households.

Italians live together, eat together and shit together. Koreans live alone playing games by themselves on the whole, if you'll forgive me for generalising.

Apparently virus transmission more common in close contact in houses rather than when in transit.

Measure all you want, not likely to get any accurate numbers imo. Some may have had it and not realised other than just a cold. In another couple of weeks we'll all be wondering what the big fuss was all about.

PS. All those toilet paper sellers going to have a sh!tty time in May / June / July as toilet paper sales drop whilst sh!tters get through their stock piles.

Gotta laf.

I can see now why you lost the Brexit debate. 🤭

As usual, it's the populist right that are wrong about Coronovirus and it's spread.
There's no way that Schengen and a lack of external borders are to blame for Europe's latest plight.
Just add it to the long list of everything that's wrong with Europe's EU.

We left just in time.
We should never have joined up.

. . . Measure all you want, not likely to get any accurate numbers imo. Some may have had it and not realised other than just a cold. In another couple of weeks we'll all be wondering what the big fuss was all about. . .
I'm gonna say something that's as rare as rockin' horse poo: I agree with At'!
:ROFLMAO:
There are early indications that numbers of peeps contracting the virus have peeked in Wuhan and, as of yesterday, in the Lombardy province in Italy that's at the epicentre of the outbreak over there. I suspect the virus is far more widespread than health officials realise (based on their woefully inadequate testing) and it's passing through society much faster than the 'experts' realise. Official stat's are like an especially laggy lagging indicator. My hunch is that by the end of this month government ministers and WHO representatives will be talking in terms of having it under control and everything gradually returning to normal. Consequently, I'm remortgaging the house and going all-in long the FTSE. See y'all on the beaches! ;-)
Tim.

Italians live together, eat together and shit together.
Not in my experience Att' but as always I'm eager to learn from those who know

Apparently virus transmission more common in close contact in houses rather than when in transit. well, duh....
You'll be pleased to know that the Italians are now beginning to get their shit together, so maybe you're right after all :(

You'll be pleased to know that the Italians are now beginning to get their shit together, so maybe you're right after all :(

LOL well put. Yes not all but in contrast to other nations much more of a social animal than Koreans or protestants. Genaralising always dodgy but an important factor for Mr CronaV. CV on the other hand is a totally different beast altogether :LOL: