Apple.. a rising firework?

Im not surprised Apple has been on a recent decline, with a stock that after the release of the iPhone 5 was supposed to increase USA GDP by +0.5% its not unreasonable that the looming fiscal cliff has had a big impact on its price.

Its undervalued with a P/E multiple of around 7ish (according to bloomberg) so dont expect it to go under the $500 price and expect a rally back in January.

The correlation between sentiment on this thread and the share price movement is amusing.

I have a feeling Apple has finally reached the top. Sad that its decline came so soon after it beat Microsoft's record of all time highest market capitalisation.

I have a feeling Apple has finally reached the top. Sad that its decline came so soon after it beat Microsoft's record of all time highest market capitalisation.

What are you seeing that suggests it has hit the top? Job's exit a couple years ago may have triggered its recent lack of ingenuity, but I think the fundamentals of the stock are only getting better since late October.

Apple has a shot of putting the final nail in the coffin of what used to be the pc market as they put out the new iMac and macbook lines. True enough, this market is about a third of the size it was five years ago, but it's a place where apple could gain a very solid footing to even better attack the tablet market.

I don't see any way to truly discount this stock until we see real earnings declines or a more duopoly-like market.

What are you seeing that suggests it has hit the top? Job's exit a couple years ago may have triggered its recent lack of ingenuity, but I think the fundamentals of the stock are only getting better since late October.

Apple has a shot of putting the final nail in the coffin of what used to be the pc market as they put out the new iMac and macbook lines. True enough, this market is about a third of the size it was five years ago, but it's a place where apple could gain a very solid footing to even better attack the tablet market.

I don't see any way to truly discount this stock until we see real earnings declines or a more duopoly-like market.

I'm just basing it on the technicals. The lower low on the weekly chart suggests this is going the same way as HP and Microsft