Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Was that not the Friday short covering rally ?
Close price 25,696
25,409.36 −357.28 (1.39%)On Friday, the Dow slumped 357.28 points to close at 25,409.36, recouping some losses
i had a quick check on ig at the futures price and im sure the dow was up along with the fts and dax.i may be wrong though.
i then rechecked and everything was negative-postie may know lol.

i checked earlier and everything appeared up
?? I think you need a new provider, one that tracks aftermarket as futures trade 22x5, if your provider does not track these, you are in for a masty gap. Dow futures fell to 24,868 within seconds of futures opening at GMT 22.00 (note that Mid-east markets are open on w/e so even the futures have the potential to gap). The cash market will open on the future's price

Last edited:
25,409.36 −357.28 (1.39%)On Friday, the Dow slumped 357.28 points to close at 25,409.36, recouping some losses
i had a quick check on ig at the futures price and im sure the dow was up along with the fts and dax.i may be wrong though.
i then rechecked and everything was negative-postie may know lol.
dow-gap-openl.png

I'm anxiously waiting for the HSI to open (expected to gap down by 4%), I got some 29k shorts that have a close target at 25,100, a 4k pt payday per contract will be welcomed amongst the carnage

added:
That's a surprise! HSI opened almost +2%?? I was wrong by 6%!

Last edited:
I'm anxiously waiting for the HSI to open (expected to gap down by 4%), I got some 29k shorts that have a close target at 25,100, a 4k pt payday per contract will be welcomed amongst the carnage

That would be over a thousand points lower than Friday close.
Possible I suppose.

Possible I suppose.
I was basing the prediction on the fact that China released data over the weekend that gave hard evidence of the negative impact of the COVID-19 virus, I was expecting growth fears would dominate trading in Asia... I was wrong! markets never fail to surprise, however, I still think a 25,100 HSI is likely when whatever put the sparkle in trader's eyes wears off... a 14pt drop in China's PMI might just do that (The HSI already lost ½ its gains).

As for EU & US markets, there was a host of bad virus news and a host of "experts" voicing "the end of the world", one even said this is worst than the GFC.. funny how a week ago those "experts" were saying it's just a fly in the ointment and totally ignored the risk. My view is that it's not the end of the world, it's nowhere near as bad as the GFC, but it is serious and earning will be effected. I stick to my 17 Feb call of 17% to 18& correction before we see a period of flat line and eventual recovery to possibly a 27k DOW, then, if 2nd quarter earning are good we might see a 28k DOW before the election circus starts... It's anybody's guess how markets will react to the flow of poll results leading up to November. In all, I see no new highs this year.

In this age of bot trading, ... to get an idea of whether markets will go up or down, perhaps we should try to find out what parameters and key phrases are written into the algos rather than listen to "experts".

Last edited: