Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Dow close 25,300 tonight, why? because the fed and rates.
4 hikes instead of 3 with strong data. Bad for equity markets especially with companies up to their ears in debt they need servicing.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

European markets ended up in a session marked mainly by the meeting of the European Central Bank. Most of the stock market indexes and activity sectors ended up positive. At today’s meeting of the European Central Bank (held in Riga), it was decided that the asset purchase program will remain at the current pace of 30,000 M. € by the end of September 2018. After this time, to data on medium-term inflation outlook, the buying pace will be reduced to € 15 000 M. by the end of December 2018, ending at that time. In addition, the statement said that “the Board of Governors expects the ECB’s key interest rates to remain at current levels at least through the summer of 2019 and in any case how long it will take to ensure that remains in line with current expectations of a sustained adjustment.

4 hikes instead of 3 with strong data. Bad for equity markets especially with companies up to their ears in debt they need servicing.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I'm not doubting the long term macro picture, but we a scalping intraday, sometimes its best to fade the news.

Oil is falling like a stone, 67.0 to 64.7 this afternoon and still falling. I think that's what is bringing the dow down.

Last edited:
Sorry to interrupt, just felt like popping in to say hi after a prolonged absence.