Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

On Friday US markets ended up in a session that was again marked by high volatility, thus completing the worst week for stock markets since January 2016. During the session, the S&P ranged from a loss of 1.80% to a appreciation of 2.10%. The magnitude of the S&P oscillation becomes sharper when compared to the fact that in 2017, the American index recorded about 150 consecutive sessions with oscillations of less than 1%. The day was totally dominated by market factors, which replicated the movements of the previous sessions. During the day, there were some selling associated with automatic programs and the foreclosure of positions held by investors who had resorted to financing to buy stocks. Also during the day, there was a buyer interest, a bit hesitant, but that prevailed in the last half hour of the session. The recovery at the end of the day is positive, but it is still not enough to assert, always with a dose of uncertainty, that marked the end of the recovery. It was not yet possible to identify who were the buyers who conducted the indexes to positive territory in the last part of the day. There is an aphorism on Wall Street that indicates that markets never touch the lows on Fridays. However, from a technical point of view, for a recovery to gain a more solid and lasting dimension, it would be important for the S&P to close, with a strong volume, above 2638 (which corresponds to Friday’s high).

Quiet here today....

Morning/evening all...just settling down to a large mug of Yorkshire.

Closed a long from 7170 @7200..... just like the old days

Old lady regained her grace and poise...can make some money!

Evening/morning folks,

No tea leaves for guidance, only get this with my morning brew of cha.

However, it is raining rather hard here with storms blowing through so that could indicate a volatile day.

Going to put some deep orders in and review later. Up? down? Who knows?

S&p high 2677.68. ;)

I am available for hire - min 10K per day obviously otherwise its not worth getting out of bed. :sleep:

This s&p is relentless, I was expecting some kind of early pullback, but no it just keeps ramming higher.

@wallstreetwarrior87 This is what a real market looks like, we know how to trade it. I dont hold out much hope for these newbies who have had 10 years of FED wet-nursing.

Yes, actually I was speaking to a colleague on Friday, who made the bulk of his net worth in the build upto 2008, and he sees the same scenarios.

These periods seem to last a month or 2 then settle down, they come along not nearly as often as the likes of you and I would like, but one can make a very very very good return if waiting for your levels. This is an environment of overshooting, which I can see is your element ;)

Personally I hate the calm directional moves, in fact over my career, these have been the times that actually cost me some moolah. But fear not, these current conditions allow one to make it back ten fold at least.

Long may it continue, the problem is finding another market to trade that has the same characteristics, when these babies calm down.

In a weird way (some will get this) - these are actually the characteristics of a rational market - go figure that out lol

Personally I hate the calm directional moves, in fact over my career, these have been the times that actually cost me some moolah. But fear not, these current conditions allow one to make it back ten fold at least.

I was going to post how the last couple weeks would have absolutely killed me on Indices - I've saved a fortune by not being able to trade the last couple months. Just goes to show how everyone is different, I much prefer the "calm directional moves", maybe it's just inherent in different approaches.

I was going to post how the last couple weeks would have absolutely killed me on Indices - I've saved a fortune by not being able to trade the last couple months. Just goes to show how everyone is different, I much prefer the "calm directional moves", maybe it's just inherent in different approaches.

when playing the swings your talking about fading, right?

you better be better than good to make that work :D