Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

That will do for the 1st day back in the saddle :eek:

45 mins and the old back is hurting. These conditions like the good old days, just bide the time, wait for the level, and pounce!

Friday was my first day back, couldnt resist, sat watching it for 4 days and pounced 'at the right level' like you say.

Vive la volatilité.

It is hard, especially looking at the dailies like you say, the volatility kicks in and it becomes a case of here, should I ? Wait - no not yet, what about here? etc.

You know with a high probability we bounce, but at the same time we dont want to hold a big deficit as you have to lower the size to allow for this, so just got to make the call, ignore the what ifs and see if we get rewarded, which you have indeed, some nice points racked up in a few sessions!

Not sure how long this will last, but got to max it out while its here I guess:clap:

As an aside, the reason for calling it a day where I did (back reason tongue-in-cheek, as Im fit as Floyd Mayweather - not). For any swifty traders out there:

My play was range bounces within a flag, and the 3rd trade was last chance saloon as if that didnt hold, it was likely to drop, and create a larger range. It was getting hit back from powers higher than little old me, the last play should have gone up and away with no real pressure on the ask side, not the case - someone/some party (collective) was sitting, so dump (at a profit).

Just a bit of info, rather than just stating buy here/sell there etc. If its any use to anyone developing a style to play these conditions, then cool?

I would have stopped after a 1st loser, as it would have become clear my theory on the flag was incorrect.

If one had been still trading after the 3.27 pm low (uk), then switch and look at the possibility of a bear flag, so fast sell trades, but more likely to take longer as we have now had the opening hour, so potentially slower moves (relative to the 1st hour).

The last trade i see is 4.15pm, which again is last chance saloon for this style, but there have been 2 or 3 in this period which could (as this is user defined) have led to a profitable outcome.

So could have been 6 for 6, or 5 for 6 (depending on the last sell chance), which is more than enough to make intraday trading worthwhile, especially with the current conditions.

If one had been still trading after the 3.27 pm low (uk), then switch and look at the possibility of a bear flag, so fast sell trades, but more likely to take longer as we have now had the opening hour, so potentially slower moves (relative to the 1st hour).

The last trade i see is 4.15pm, which again is last chance saloon for this style, but there have been 2 or 3 in this period which could (as this is user defined) have led to a profitable outcome.

So could have been 6 for 6, or 5 for 6 (depending on the last sell chance), which is more than enough to make intraday trading worthwhile, especially with the current conditions.

With ref to the last short, bid was too strong at 4.32pm so would take what ever the profit was , and not worry about what goes on after. Wait again.

The question on everybody's lips is: How deep is the dip? Is this it? Do we buy now?
...and welcome back!:cheesy:

that's what she said :D

don't think anyone knows this, not even postman

Unless anything (more) stupid happens I called the bottom of that s&p move to within 8 points.
Filled at 2550 and 2540, low 2532. My 2525 order wasnt filled. ;)

A good first day back.

Attachments

• EntEx.png
    EntEx.png
    58 KB · Views: 63
Unless anything (more) stupid happens I called the bottom of that s&p move to within 8 points.
Filled at 2550 and 2540, low 2532. My 2525 order wasnt filled. ;)

A good first day back.

What ever happens, it was a great trade. I don't think we're out of the woods yet though, lower lows to come...

Ftse 7200 pump or dump... limit order in 7250 for a short and earlier order triggered @ 7200 for a short with fairly modest target 7160. Small stakes - need a reasonable sized stop
I think the bulls will be in around there so will also place a long in that zone to see if I can pick up a few on a potential rebound.

Ftse 7200 pump or dump... limit order in 7250 for a short and earlier order triggered @ 7200 for a short with fairly modest target 7160. Small stakes - need a reasonable sized stop
I think the bulls will be in around there so will also place a long in that zone to see if I can pick up a few on a potential rebound.

Took half off short @7170 for a few, rest at b/e will close around 7160 if it gets there...

Possible buy 7140 - 7160 zone...for a pop at 7180 or 7200