Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

out of position DAX 850 +32 pips DOW 16985
Will wait for the us open

Have re-established shorts on DAX and DOW

Last edited:
is this the train to 16433 I need to be there by 9pm tell the drive to get a shift on

Reactions: 2be
At this stage, the money markets allocate a modest probability (63%) to a rise in interest rates in 2016, which has given some encouragement to equity indices. In conclusion, the ideal for the equity markets would be that the indicators describe an American economy far from precipitating a recession but not so dynamic to raise a sharp rise in interest rates.

Dow hits 17,000 just asS&P hits 2000, what are the odds. The coincidences just keep stacking up today.

Dow hits 17,000 just asS&P hits 2000, what are the odds. The coincidences just keep stacking up today.

The Freemasons wouldn't lie to the common folk, or fix anything, would they?

Like when the Dow fell 7 percent, by 777.68 which is 777 and 6 + 8 = 14, (double 7) to make 77777
Or on the same day the S&P 500 fell 106.59 which is 1 + 6 = 7 and 5 + 9 = 14, (Double 7), to make 777.

The volatility index surged 33 percent that day.

It was good of CNBC to publish an article about it at 7:07 PM. Just a coincidence of course.

In Freemasonry, 7 is the code used in hoaxes and staged events.

Last edited:
Dax and FTSE volume??

Hi, apologies for the questions. I trade futures, mainly bund, eurostoxx 50 and sandp/dow, with some currencies mixed in for good measure (am intraday swing trader so can handle all the different charts, many of which are related anyway).

Have been looking closer at the Dax and FTSE, and have to say that I like what I see, but in terms of futures volume, there is not much info to be gained as the Dax has VERY thin volume, and the FTSE isn't brilliant. Does anyone know if there is a way to get realtime cash index data on volume, or are the cash indices not traded and just an indicative averaged value which the futures market then packages into a tradeable product through a centralised exchange?

I use volume to determine strong support and resistance levels, and whilst a lot can be gained by common sense (e.g. a swing low created from 8am-9am=high volume), some of the other intraday levels are impossible to gauge without an idea of volume. Any ideas? Am thinking that something like an option (e.g. SPX for SandP) might be another way of viewing interest/participation, but am not sure if there are any active options vehicles for Dax/Ftse markets.

Thanks for any help that can be provided, and sorry for hijacking the thread a bit.
Regards,
Bootsy

I've taken a couple of L scalps @ 6130 today. Flat now waiting for the spikes at US open - 6130 key level if broken expect to go to 6100 ish. If not prep another run up to 6200. Lets see.

American indices closed higher, as investors reacted positively to the employment report, which described a very dynamic labor market but that implies an increased risk of a rise in interest rates. The employment report allayed, at least temporarily, investors’ fears in relation to a US recession scenario. In February, the US economy generated 242,000 jobs, which add up over 30,000 resulting from the upward revision of the readings from December and January. The unemployment rate stood at 4.90%, recording no change facing January. Economists had anticipated the creation of 195,000 jobs and an unemployment rate of 4.90%. However wages fell 0.10% in February. In this context, where rising wages in recent months is interrupted, the decline recorded in February may lead the Fed to take more caution before raising rates. Another consequence of the employment report was that some economists began to revise upwards the estimates for the 1st quarter of this year. Generally, this period is the least dynamic of the year. According to the econometric model of the Fed Atlanta, US GDP is expected to grow 2.20% in the 1st quarter instead of the 1.90% previously estimated.

I've taken a couple of L scalps @ 6130 today. Flat now waiting for the spikes at US open - 6130 key level if broken expect to go to 6100 ish. If not prep another run up to 6200. Lets see.

Grinding up. Res @6180 if SPX breaks 2000 then 6200.