Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Main European indices such as the DAX and the CAC, broke their resistance zones, even before the S & P. With this move strengthened the probability of these indices to test new resistance (9900 in the DAX and the CAC in 4423/4466) in the coming days. One should notice that due to high volatility the occurrence of erratic movements in an underlying trend should occur frequently.

FTSE not behaving this arvo with US Indices and oil - usually I can trade the FTSE as a proxy on cheaper spread!

FTSE not behaving this arvo with US Indices and oil - usually I can trade the FTSE as a proxy on cheaper spread!

Surely then you need bigger size to make up for the smaller moves?
I wouldn't use FTSE as a proxy for anything, well maybe knitting....

Surely then you need bigger size to make up for the smaller moves?
I wouldn't use FTSE as a proxy for anything, well maybe knitting....

Knitting might suit me after my previous job.....

I only trade FTSE atm and I generally scalp with 3 - 5 stop depending. I have a fairly tight fixed spread (.8) and I make more money with runners off scalps than pure scalps tbh.

I note your trading seems to be going well on the other fx thread - very well done.

I have started to follow it to improve mm techniques and seek alternative viewpoints - very interesting even though I don't trade fx atm.

Always plenty to learn if you know where to look and keep an open mind.

Knitting might suit me after my previous job.....

I only trade FTSE atm and I generally scalp with 3 - 5 stop depending. I have a fairly tight fixed spread (.8) and I make more money with runners off scalps than pure scalps tbh.

I note your trading seems to be going well on the other fx thread - very well done.

I have started to follow it to improve mm techniques and seek alternative viewpoints - very interesting even though I don't trade fx atm.

Always plenty to learn if you know where to look and keep an open mind.

Agreed.

It's a good skill in scalping to realise fast that you bought the bottom or sold the top. Adds a lot to your bottom line.

I have been trading indices and index options for over 20 years.

I punted a bit on fx but not much. The good thing on the method in F's thread is that you get lot's of good entries, after that it's trade management, which is universal. This year I am over 50% of my trades/volumes on fx.

It's worth trying the set up and judge for yourself.

Good luck.

still short over here waiting for Friday

Funny enough went long on dax with PT set just over 10k SL 150 pips
will make adjustment to this trade tomorrow

I am looking to short DAX from the beginning of the next week.

Last edited:
In recent weeks, the position of hedge funds has been changing. Until mid-February, these funds mainly held selling positions on oil, but in the last two weeks not only the pace of closure of these positions increased as some hedge funds began to get long on crude oil, which reinforced its upward movement.

Long on DAX from 9720
SL 100 pips, PT 300pips
Trailig Stop set to 30 pips