Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

@Strugglingtrader and @swissy how many points did you make today? and on 'average'?- I stress points not pounds :) I'm curious about "how many points" you'd need to define a day as good. In fact do you tally up weekly point totals also?

Another novice comment, but in the absence of a benchmark I feel if I made more points than the moves in the respective indices that's a good day.

@Strugglingtrader and @swissy how many points did you make today? and on 'average'?- I stress points not pounds :) I'm curious about "how many points" you'd need to define a day as good. In fact do you tally up weekly point totals also?

Yeah, problematic this points business. Which is why I asked my coder m8 to normalise everything I look at as a % up-down from a same fixed reference point, ie start of Asia.

So, if say I went long Dow @ a tenner a point and wanted to hedge with S+P, then I'd be looking at 8 quid a point to be neutral.

Hi f2calv - firstly well done on your options! Its not an area I have looked at before but certainly will. I class myself as a novice trader but ultimately I look at my bottom line for the day rather than points - particularly when scalping. Yesterday I was up 25 points but it was an uphill battle and hard work scalping - I don't actually recommend it as it feels intense and the day has gone and currently I feel you have achieved little outside of trading for the day with minimal gains. I prefer longer term trades and would class a "good" day in terms of points 75+. My preferred strategy is to look for longer term trades but also to scalp at times when market is range bound and I get in the rhythm.

I don't follow this guy but he does quite well and seems to churn out points at least 200-300 a week. I hope he is doing at least £10-100 a point.

https://twitter.com/Trader_Aadil

He was a regular contributor a while back on t2w (wallstreet1929 nom de plume I think) and seemed a decent helpful type with some good contributions. He runs his own website and is now a vendor etc - good or bad make your own mind up!

Thanks @swissy - of course I should have held onto the option for a lot longer, I also closed the Crude option position yesterday for a small $50 profit, but I'd be looking at a *lot* more on both had I just held my nerve... hey ho but better a profit than a loss. Options are a great way of picking tops/bottoms and I've generally had successful picks on the majority of my option trades, I just can't let any trades run atm :/

Regarding points not pounds I've decided to start a journal which I hope will explain where I'm coming from a little better;

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/tra...formance-coding-other-assorted-ramblings.html

A run to 5946 by 3pm would see me exit trade and wait for a re entry at "yesterdays price"

He was a regular contributor a while back on t2w (wallstreet1929 nom de plume I think) and seemed a decent helpful type with some good contributions. He runs his own website and is now a vendor etc - good or bad make your own mind up!

That's surprising, don't know why anyone would go on to twitter, better just to trade than comment. Although these slow grind upward days are a killer :sleep:

For a more enduring reversal of investor sentiment, the statements of Mario Draghi do not seem to be enough. To attend a recovery of stock markets, it should be confirmed any of the following conditions:
– The decline in fears about a devaluation of the Yuan (which has already been happening)
– The stabilization of the Chinese markets
– The oil recovery

Here we go again.
Oil fell off a cliff and everyones been selling since the open.

Attachments

• below.png
    below.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 91
"yesterdays price" was 5773 something to BEAR in mind for the not too distant trade