Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

One of the most popular strategies among hedge funds (and also some private investors) is the purchase of shares of geographic areas were are being implemented quantitative easing programs. Therefore, Japan and the Eurozone are in favored markets for these investors. Since the beginning of the year, American savers signed in 4000 M.USD European equity fund and 1000 M.USD in Japanese equity funds. These subscriptions were made at the expense redemption of US equity funds, which in 2015 suffered outflows of approximately 5200 M.USD. This strategy has borne fruit, as from the beginning of the year the Eurostoxx50 appreciated by 15.73% and the Nikkei 10.33%, compared to a gain of only 0.34% of the S & P. While this strategy has obtained interesting returns, there are always risks when a strategy is followed by a very large number of investors. Another strategy that has been equally popular is buying dollars and selling other currencies including the Euro. Many investors fund in Euros (at interest rates close to or equal to 0%), convert these loans in US dollars and then apply them to higher interest rates for the eurozone. In addition to the differential between the interest rate of the loan and the application in Dollars, these investors also benefit from the appreciation of the US currency (increases the value of your application) and the simultaneous devaluation of the Euro (which reduced the value of the loan) . In relation to European equities, this strategy despite fruitful has attracted too many investors, which poses some risks. So if many of these investors decide simultaneously to close this strategy, we will assist to a drop of the Dollar against the Euro. Whereas the devaluation of the Euro has been one of the drivers of European markets, their valuation, although short-term could lead to a correction in the European indexes.

FTSE

Short term

Looks to me like the bulls are still in it for now however the volume doesn't quite add up as yet so we may see some further testing of the 6730 area, a breach of 6712 rings the first alarm bell for the bulls.

Mid term

The devil numbers are back, 6666 is a big area for the FTSE and a breach could change medium term direction.

Longer term

Not clear for me

US markets

S&P500

For me the big area for this market is 2058, a close under on Friday at poss support 2050 could see a rise early week, 2058 is the big area.

Dow

17750 has some clout, also the daily downward trend line nails the same area so a break up/down from here to confirm (as if)

All cash markets

Vix

has a h@rd on :)

:LOL: funny you should mention that - just planned to get in them again after the recent retracement always assuming Monday goes the right way.

Yes gave us a nice break on the weekly but has now reversed, it tends to follow the FTSE so god help us :LOL:

At least I will get the long awaited div:)

Very pleased with the DAX bounce from 11935 this morning, if only every week(or day) would start off like that.

Now leaves me wondering how far past 12k DAX is going to push (hopefully later on today), looking to re-enter long below 11960.

Oh dear.
-------------------------------------
Trader Jessica @Big_Bum_Babe · 18 hrs 18 hours ago
Dumped Dow n asx hedge,
instead im shorting dax naked now.

As something dont feel right about this bounce.
-----------------------------------------

I hope He / She knows when to walk away from a trade. -300 and counting.

Ah just found it. 400 point stop loss....

Trader Jessica @Big_Bum_Babe · 2 hrs 2 hours ago
@Big_Bum_Babe
-------------------------------------------------
I have added my 2nd (and final batch of sells into Dax @ 11,800.

So am now short £40pp @ 11,638.

Stoploss set @ 12,027.
----------------------------------------------

Whats the R/R on that then. :eek:

Anyone want to guess where the Dax topped out?
Who says algos dont hunt your stops.