Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

SD - do you think the ftse's looking for a 6600 close? :eek:

nope,

if u wanted to trade ftse. ftse does not keep up with dow strenght, think peeps switch to trading dow when dow cash is open, since 1pt spread on dow is better than 1pt spread on ftse

5pm may be too late :(

DJIA still has room to move on the upside me thinks, that elastic band isn't stretched enough in my opinion, If someone reacts badly because their pride is hurt it only figures, retail will be attempting to fade at every opportunity after many failed attempts now.

DJIA still has room to move on the upside me thinks, that elastic band isn't stretched enough in my opinion, If someone reacts badly because their pride is hurt it only figures, retail will be attempting to fade at every opportunity after many failed attempts now.

You could be looking at 15500 tonight fellas.

5pm may be too late :(

slightly wonkish

In this post, I’ll talk about two examples of how people tend to misinterpret market reaction to macro news.

You see lots of commentary to the effect that the stock market doesn’t care very much about the budget fiasco and/or that these budget fights only have a temporary impact on stock prices. If so, why wouldn’t investors buy stocks during a budget fight and sell them once the dispute is resolved?

At first glance, it seems like this strategy would work. And it often would work. But Eugene Fama and the EMH tell us that it’s too good to be true. Let’s take the 2% stock market rally last Friday on growing optimism of the budget deal. What does that stock market rally tell us? We can’t be sure, but the most likely explanation would go long following lines:

http://www.themoneyillusion.com/?p=24168

Totally agree, when the vote goes through I'm sure the SP500 will break past previous highs of 1733 and of course the DOW will shoot straight up with it.

Europe markets seems to be lagging behind US

Americans are Gun-Ho baby!

Europeans are more conservative!

So American market fly on the rumors, European markets stay cool and wait for facts.

Just a thought...probably completely and utterly wrong!

Americans are Gun-Ho baby!

Europeans are more conservative!

So American market fly on the rumors, European markets stay cool and wait for facts.

Just a thought...probably completely and utterly wrong!

well, it had its ups and downs hour by hour but ftse traded virtually flat compared to dow by the close.