Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

quote:

Since unemployment statistics are either suspect or blatantly bogus, we must look for other less manipulated statistics for some modicum of truth. Key statistics of employment, income and production are vital propaganda tools for the status quo, and the temptation to adjust them to manage perceptions is apparently irresistible.

oftwominds-Charles Hugh Smith: If Employment Is So Great, Why Are Withholding Taxes Declining?

Ha Ha.
Some quotes from the article.
"Here in the U.S., unemployment statistics are a travesty of a mockery of a sham:"
I think I mentioned that last week.
"In China, output is routinely juiced to fantasy levels:"
Yeah - and there's no tooth fairy or Easter bunny, sorry if I burst your bubble.
Are we too cynical or is the world really that bad. :(

I have heard of him, but haven't seen enough of his stuff to have an informed opinion. You have mentioned him before, is he worth listening to?

check his performance on the link, he appears to be awesome.

April 2013
+11%
May 2013
+13%
June 2013
+14%
July 2013
+18.%

dax not backing away from 8400,

read banner on CNN, Chinese inflation signals economy boost

MUTED inflation data yesterday added to a run of August figures suggesting the protracted slowdown in China’s economy may be bottoming out, helped by targeted support measures and signs of improved export demand.

A steady consumer inflation rate also gives the People’s Bank of China some room to manoeuvre in response to any shock that might arise as the US Federal Reserve starts to taper its monetary stimulus.

- See more at: http://www.cityam.com/article/13787...news_headlines_right_col#sthash.jt0fbkLf.dpuf

Last edited:
well we're due a pullback ...think the dow bulls will want to hold 15100 ..they may test but will want to close above ...a shallow pullback would be in order me finks ....who knows :)

ftse 620 could top

well we're due a pullback ...think the dow bulls will want to hold 15100 ..they may test but will want to close above ...a shallow pullback would be in order me finks ....who knows :)

ftse 620 could top

Dick Lexic I keep an eye on IWM (russell 2000 etf ) it is +0.7% that is very strong

Can I ask postman if you use any stops on this short?

I do use stops - 8455 is good for me on this trade. The Dax has come a long way and has reversed significantly at these levels previously. So if it breaks through then I see it as a bigger move up which I dont want to be short in.
It also means my Dow position from yesterday is now null and void - both of them :eek:

I do use stops - 8455 is good for me on this trade. The Dax has come a long way and has reversed significantly at these levels previously. So if it breaks through then I see it as a bigger move up which I dont want to be short in.
It also means my Dow position from yesterday is now null and void - both of them :eek:

ok..thanks for that...I have not been on here for a number of years...I struggled, lost a bit of money and decided to walk away from spread betting/trading.

I am however looking to give it another shot and aiming to focus on the Dax and Dow.

The Dax and Dow look like they're never going to stop.:(

We will know in the next 15 minutes...