Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Watch this Dax "POP" new highs before open ! has that feeling could be worth a scalp ?

It is looking that way. Have seen it do this plenty of times before. Must be plenty of stops positioned above 8400. Are you long or have you put a buy stop just above 8400 ?

It is looking that way. Have seen it do this plenty of times before. Must be plenty of stops positioned above 8400. Are you long or have you put a buy stop just above 8400 ?

it did feel that way and has just backed off , im long at 91, thought itwas going to go before the US open, if it does go i expect a pop to 8420, im sure we will get a push today to new highs.

from Mr Top Step

The reason the S&P futures sold off yesterday is because all the midmonth rebalancing that helped push stock higher over the last few days forced the S&P options players (funds) to pay up / roll higher. Whether the short selling option funds rolled higher, bought futures to protect or liquidated, all of that added up to buying pressure. After two solid weeks of increased volume in the S&P, the volume had let up; to us that meant all the rolling / buying had been used up, leaving the S&P susceptible to a selloff, and that is exactly what happened. With few bid and sell stops under 1651, the algos and the sell programs kicked in and took advantage of the low liquidity environment.

https://www.mr-topstep.com/index.ph...-and-p-late-day-selloff-why-and-what-it-means

Hey guys I've discovered a great way to stop losing money trading.
I've stopped trading! :LOL:
Suffering analysis paralysis today, I think a couple of quick in and outs at the open might help.

from Mr Top Step:

Looking back at the last 64 years of S&P 500 trading seems to confirm that just because there has not been a correction for six months, does not mean it is more or less likely to begin now. For starters, since 1950, there were five full calendar years in which there were no 5% corrections; 1954, 1958, 1964, 1993 and 1995. The longest streak was 594 calendar days from December 1957 to August 1959. This streak nearly covered an entire bull market; it came up just two months short.

https://www.mr-topstep.com/index.ph...ve-spy-correction-and-the-monte-carlo-fallacy

Am I reading this right? So in other words, in the past 64 years, 7.8% of the years did not experience a 5% correction -- meaning that 92.2% of the years did :rolleyes:

Am I reading this right? So in other words, in the past 64 years, 7.8% of the years did not experience a 5% correction -- meaning that 92.2% of the years did :rolleyes:

its a way of explaining that nobody knows what the hell is going to happen ! :clap:

thats a good way of looking at it, i bet those corrections occurred in the first two years of a presidential term.

Today's POMO: $4.75 - $5.75 billion going to be supportive of this market untill about 3.30 ! thats a big lump today !

from Mr Top Step

The reason the S&P futures sold off yesterday is because all the midmonth rebalancing that helped push stock higher over the last few days forced the S&P options players (funds) to pay up / roll higher. Whether the short selling option funds rolled higher, bought futures to protect or liquidated, all of that added up to buying pressure. After two solid weeks of increased volume in the S&P, the volume had let up; to us that meant all the rolling / buying had been used up, leaving the S&P susceptible to a selloff, and that is exactly what happened. With few bid and sell stops under 1651, the algos and the sell programs kicked in and took advantage of the low liquidity environment.

https://www.mr-topstep.com/index.ph...-and-p-late-day-selloff-why-and-what-it-means

In that same article Mr TS is saying sell the opening rally today!