Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

from Mr Top Step

The reason the S&P futures sold off yesterday is because all the midmonth rebalancing that helped push stock higher over the last few days forced the S&P options players (funds) to pay up / roll higher. Whether the short selling option funds rolled higher, bought futures to protect or liquidated, all of that added up to buying pressure. After two solid weeks of increased volume in the S&P, the volume had let up; to us that meant all the rolling / buying had been used up, leaving the S&P susceptible to a selloff, and that is exactly what happened. With few bid and sell stops under 1651, the algos and the sell programs kicked in and took advantage of the low liquidity environment.

https://www.mr-topstep.com/index.ph...-and-p-late-day-selloff-why-and-what-it-means

"... it doesn't take a Harvard grad to figure it out. Plain and simple, the S&P ran out of gas. ..."

Maybe its a dumb question - but if all the gas ran out yesterday where's today's buying coming from?

"... it doesn't take a Harvard grad to figure it out. Plain and simple, the S&P ran out of gas. ..."

Maybe its a dumb question - but if all the gas ran out yesterday where's today's buying coming from?

They to another gas station.

OK dilemma here - I'm still holding my FTSE longs in expectation of new highs. But I think the Dow is going lower. Arrrgh...Does not compute.
Maybe the Dow holds up until after 4.30?

OK dilemma here - I'm still holding my FTSE longs in expectation of new highs. But I think the Dow is going lower. Arrrgh...Does not compute.

pomo begins ! think you right will see a sell off in dow today later on i feel

5 bio more gas coming from FED ! S&P up 10 handles genreally thats the move for the day done unless its going to go up 20 !

FTSE been insane recently, was solid in yesterdays "sell off" too. Not going to die too much is it.

Unless !!!
FTSE hits new highs @3.30 then comes off along with Dow!
We need a Confused smilie on the forum.

Thought for this afternoon - Your a US equity trader , youve been long all week , market looking toppy , do you bank some or your profit, or do you run the risk of Bernanke saying something over the weekend and wiping you out. Of your your going to sell some stuff, Bernanke talks tomorrow FYI, market is closed there is no getting out, hence i feel market will sell off into the close.

Thought for this afternoon - Your a US equity trader , youve been long all week , market looking toppy , do you bank some or your profit, or do you run the risk of Bernanke saying something over the weekend and wiping you out. Of your your going to sell some stuff, Bernanke talks tomorrow FYI, market is closed there is no getting out, hence i feel market will sell off into the close.

Unless he's already told you what he's going to say!
Thought I'd throw that in for the New World Order conspiracy theorists out there.

Thought for the afternoon.
Your a FTSE dealer - you've already booked your party venue and bought your new dress. Now all you need to do is make the new high your celebrating tonight.
What ya gonna do? :LOL:

Closed my remaining FTSE position @6723 - it may go higher, but no one ever went broke taking a profit. And, now I can relax for the weekend.

Out of my Dow short and shutting up shop ! Possibly have a dabble while im away but i doubt it ! Good luck in these markets guys wonder what the Dow will be when i get back in 3 weeks , 16,000 :LOL:

Snaffle some points for me while im gone ! (y):clap::cheesy:

Out of my Dow short and shutting up shop ! Possibly have a dabble while im away but i doubt it ! Good luck in these markets guys wonder what the Dow will be when i get back in 3 weeks , 16,000 :LOL:

have a good one, Talbs :)

Have a good holiday Talbs. (y)

have a good holiday Talbs

Have a nice break. Don't worry too much about the markets to much while you are away.They will still be here when you get back :p

Not sure there has been a "Market" for a while !

For info guys on S&P pit floor targeting 1648 for todays close.:cool: