Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Thought for this afternoon - Your a US equity trader , youve been long all week , market looking toppy , do you bank some or your profit, or do you run the risk of Bernanke saying something over the weekend and wiping you out. Of your your going to sell some stuff, Bernanke talks tomorrow FYI, market is closed there is no getting out, hence i feel market will sell off into the close.

Bloody hell Talbs, you're still sounding short biased. Give in to it and long the sh1t out of it till it breaks at the end.

We both know it will happen and by the looks of the strength will be sharper and harder the higher it goes. I think I will place guaranteed stops on my longs just in case. Don't usually use these but I think its needed now.

As my gran used to say, the taller they are the harder they fall.

Have good break mate and catch you when you're back.

Bloody hell Talbs, you're still sounding short biased. Give in to it and long the sh1t out of it till it breaks at the end.

We both know it will happen and by the looks of the strength will be sharper and harder the higher it goes. I think I will place guaranteed stops on my longs just in case. Don't usually use these but I think its needed now.

As my gran used to say, the taller they are the harder they fall.

Have good break mate and catch you when you're back.

Not really I was long DAX all yesterday and had a few shorts on the dow that worked out well, I agree looks like up and up we go but I'm leaving alone for a few weeks ! Adios !

Morning All

Technical bounce in the ASX in the morning.
But that move soon faded in the afternoon.
Bit Suprised that Hong Kong is still holding up. still 2 hours to go.

Had a wild move in the YEN and could drive the market direction for the next 48 hours.

Gold is also down 1% in Asia and Aussie dollar had a nice bounce.

German holiday today and not sure if the DAX is open.

Going to be some big gaps at the open with the FTSE and DAX.
Like playing the gap close, but might be too big for that.

40 to go in Sydney and miners flat.

http://www.delawareonline.com/artic...ons-why-100-Yen-bad-news-world?nclick_check=1

There is a public holidy in Germany today but I think the Deutsche Borse/DAX is open for business.

Dow cash close = FTSE 6348

cnbc crowd saying Mondays are usually a down day, then we get "turnaround Tuesday"

oops, i missed the crucial digit :LOL: just shows your brain often takes in what it wants to see rather than the fact placed before it.

morning bustech

strange thing about dow strong close friday, the breadth was not even that bullish, it went up 7 stocks were lower on that session

morning bustech

strange thing about dow strong close friday, the breadth was not even that bullish, it went up 7 stocks were lower on that session

That's a picture reflected over last month or so on ftse which has been going strong. Only about 55 of the constituents are in uptrend over that period (and some of those are recovering from a fall off ) with 25 flat and 20 in downtrend.

That's a picture reflected over last month or so on ftse which has been going strong. Only about 55 of the constituents are in uptrend over that period (and some of those are recovering from a fall off ) with 25 flat and 20 in downtrend.

dow during last two months, breadth has seen at least 5 stocks lower on the strongest days, this is very healthy for an uptrend and implies good participation and rotation.

risk equity premium is a very good indicator to know when to be long stocks, also junk bond yields

think i also posted something about "the rule of 20" for deciding to be in stocks or not

past few months has seen retail take lots of money out of stocks, and retail is "dumb money" remember also that some big people have told the public that at 1365 the sp500 offered a "generational buying opportunity" think it might have been larry fink.