Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Just opened up a large short position again after covering 1500. Not having this relentless rise :)

Like me! Except that my stake is modest.I shorted this morning for an all day trade but did not like the loss so closed. Now, I am short again. So far, so good.

Also sold the dow again at 14k ! no need for this strength on low volume ! reckon when europe goes home and the boys at the NYSE see the snow storm coming they will bail !

i sold £5 a point in the dow, isnt this similar size ish > ?

yeah in the same orders of magnitude. Can lose or make a grand or two on a typical big day. I'll up it to 200/pt short if we break 1525. Not even a bear really just see the markets getting ready to destroy retail.

yeah in the same orders of magnitude. Can lose or make a grand or two on a typical big day. I'll up it to 200/pt short if we break 1525. Not even a bear really just see the markets getting ready to destroy retail.

This is quite typical of a market shor term top, rip up through the high stop everyone then tank ! interesting to see how this closes !

This is quite typical of a market shor term top, rip up through the high stop everyone then tank ! interesting to see how this closes !

And a short term top (this year) it'll be. I'm quite a bull and I'll be back massive long at 1450 at close ;)

Re: Brand new trader

Hi folks ,
I am brand new to this site and also a new spreadbetter. I only working on demo account at moment and am trading index ftsi,dax,cax,dow. Excuse my very basic question re this forum. If I log on in morn will I be able read experienced traders views on trends for the day. From my limited experience most the sites I look at are great at telling you what happened but I would like advice on where markets might go

Hi folks ,
I am brand new to this site and also a new spreadbetter. I only working on demo account at moment and am trading index ftsi,dax,cax,dow. Excuse my very basic question re this forum. If I log on in morn will I be able read experienced traders views on trends for the day. From my limited experience most the sites I look at are great at telling you what happened but I would like advice on where markets might go

I'd like to see more of that too. I find these websites give a reasonable overview of relevant news and pre-open moves in the futures markets, which is handy to get before 8am:

WBP Online - Stock Market Today, Financial News, Forex News

Stock Market Wire | Comprehensive independent news content for all financial and business professionals

Hi folks ,

hi

I doubt you'll find anyone on here trying to tell you what the market is going to do. What you will find is plenty about what it might do and how people are going to play it if it does.

I know that nobody can be 100% correct in predications but as a newcomer I would like to have the help of experienced traders in where to look for market trends and best sites to read so I can form an educated view. I can spend months doing research but I was hopeing to gain some valuable advice on where to look each morning before markets open or indeed when they open . My interest from my research todate is spreadbetting indices ftsi,dac,cac,dow I am willing to take any advice to get me up to speed as quickly as possible . As I said earlier there seems to be loads sites telling you what has happened but I would like read sites as to what might happen an then decide based on an informed view from experienced traders or websites n

I know that nobody can be 100% correct in predications but as a newcomer I would like to have the help of experienced traders in where to look for market trends and best sites to read so I can form an educated view. I can spend months doing research but I was hopeing to gain some valuable advice on where to look each morning before markets open or indeed when they open . My interest from my research todate is spreadbetting indices ftsi,dac,cac,dow I am willing to take any advice to get me up to speed as quickly as possible . As I said earlier there seems to be loads sites telling you what has happened but I would like read sites as to what might happen an then decide based on an informed view from experienced traders or websites n

Hi knocklyonbohs,you In knocklyon Dublin ye

Like Barjon said you won't really get many saying whats gonna happen but if you are looking for a live thread going on all day stay on this thread .Another one to look at is the "anyone trading cable 2013 let's role "thread although thats forex it's still close to what you are asking ..

which sites would experienced traders /spread-betters recommend to read before or during trading hours

Hi Bud,

I would recommend none. The sites informing you of the predicted market movement are generally selling something whether it be direct selling, adverts or simply pay per clicks. Avoid them all - you don't need them.

The best information you should start with should be your economic calendar so you know what news is planned for the day/week ahead depending on how you trade. Even if you are a technical trader only you still need this info to know when to avoid potential turning points or large swings/volatility.

Search for 'Economic Calendar'

Use the information to make a judgment and most importantly plan your trades. No single person controls the markets - all we can do is control ourselves. Discipline is important.

Lee

Thanks Lee ,would you recommend any particular site for Economic Calendar, also which site would you recommend for charts ,do any of the free sites do real time charts or are all the real time chart sites subscription only . I only new to spread betting an I trying use experienced spread betters to point me in right direction as I don't want spend months working away on my own if I can get the heads up on where I should be looking.