Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

At 10 am, FTSE was up 7pts, Dax down 10 pts, and ES down 1.5 pts from the open at 8am. FTSE was being supported, and whoever the big player that was doing it, was trying his best to support the price. Now that the price has finally broken, I expect the FTSE to catch up with the others.

yes it was about +15 strong vs dow as well - that's why i played it in concert with the 10:00 am reversal time, but as i said, the pop back north a bit later on turned it into a pair with dow.

What finally did it for me this morning was the break on the hourly chart below the low of the 9am candle. When it broke below 6262, that was a sign that whoever was supporting the price finally gave up and let the FTSE follow the DAX and ES. It also broke down out of a channel that had held for several days. I had support coming in at around 6245, so closed some shorts there, but I am expecting it to try one more thrust down, before the bulls will try and get the uptrend going again.

Attachments

• break of channel on 1 hr 29 Jan 2013.jpg
    break of channel on 1 hr 29 Jan 2013.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 140
The thank yous go to SD and barjon and many others for keeping this going. It's not a scalping thread which is fine with me. What's so good is that we have all types of traders here and they are prepared to share their knowledge with all.

thanks MartinC-J

At this point I am, exactly, at B/E with a long trade opened at 6289.8. , trying for a bounce on the 2 hour chart.

Last edited:
Right, we got the retest of the low at 11:10. Now we've got the push back up to test the highs, and it really depends on what happens next if we grind higher for one more day, or if we have a more meaningful pullback prior to non farms on friday. A break above yesterday's high probably means back to the grind higher. I am not convinced there will be a retest of the low for the FTSE. The rule seems to be buy the pullbacks until proven wrong. Well this is a pullback that is being bought. At least on the 5 min chart, that's my take.

Right, we got the retest of the low at 11:10. Now we've got the push back up to test the highs, and it really depends on what happens next if we grind higher for one more day, or if we have a more meaningful pullback prior to non farms on friday. A break above yesterday's high probably means back to the grind higher. I am not convinced there will be a retest of the low for the FTSE. The rule seems to be buy the pullbacks until proven wrong. Well this is a pullback that is being bought. At least on the 5 min chart, that's my take.

Agree everypull back there are people looking to get in the the rally they have missed, FTSE and US stocks looks good for this, Dax playing the same game as yesterday so if u want to short something short that or eurostoxx!

FTSE yesterday had done 8 higher highs on daily and today we have not done that yet can we go above 6311 ?

aye, but it's on its own vs dow - need dow to chime in to keep it going

Lets hope so im getting long the dow here at 63 (cash) will buy some more if we dip lower ! Ftse seems strong

just for interest pencil in a ftse short at the time (if) you buy more and see how a pair trade would do from those prices. Unless ftse goes relatively weak in the interim you should see ftse rise slower than dow or go down faster. Mind you, your "buying more" is looking nice and remote now :)

just for interest pencil in a ftse short at the time (if) you buy more and see how a pair trade would do from those prices. Unless ftse goes relatively weak in the interim you should see ftse rise slower than dow or go down faster. Mind you, your "buying more" is looking nice and remote now :)

Cheers Barjon, missed penciling in the ftse will try it next time, ha it is for now, lets see what happens on the open ! :)

IG now showing 87% of clients short in FTSE. Either their clients never change their positions or the "tool" is worthless.

Does the FTSE even do red anymore? Every other index takes a dip even for a few minutes, but the FTSE just breaks out. Anyone short the FTSE just getting laughed at by the boys in the pit.

Does the FTSE even do red anymore? Every other index takes a dip even for a few minutes, but the FTSE just breaks out. Anyone short the FTSE just getting laughed at by the boys in the pit.

bull markets "climb a wall of worry" the less people believe in them the more they persist