Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

That may be so, Talbs, but I think if you look that the maximum potential in the downswings was vastly inferior to that of the upswings. So shorts have been ploughing the least fertile ground (I know you've been on the other side as well :))

Very true I'm quick to get out of my shorts at mom would have zero balance left for margin if not ! Roll on Monday no states in so
Maybe get some retracement not looking for to much though !

bullish indices, bearish us bonds , dax at 13:45

01/20/13 #970 S&P: The Long and Short of it. - YouTube

Thanks for that SD got to agree with him apart from
Dax need to take out that 7790 level convincingly which I don't think it does just yet. Funny think is also looking at weekly charts u can massive swings and still be in a bullish channel at the minute my charts have 13466 to keep this Dow moving higher so that's nearly 200 ticks lower from here, I'm not saying it goes down that low it's really does feel bullish but a market never keeps going all one way, last 4 days have been up and near these highs I am cautious .

Last edited:
morning everyone

FTSE marches higher being fed the bones of those who were shorting it, wonder what the IG positions are for FTSE,

US indices closed today , but should be strong when they open tomorrow

Morning All
Bit of a range day in Asia, apart from Japan down about 1.5%.
Gap close has been the trade around the globe today.
FTSE and DAX should go quiet after 2 hours or so.
And no USA, so come back tomorrow for the BOJ.

mornin' all

overall ftse traded -30 weak vs dow last weak (-28, +10, -24, -6, +18) and is about another -5 weak this morning. I might try the 9:00am bustech with long on ftse as the opening shot.

Morning guys !

Been selling dax again this am target down to 7700is at some point today, FTSE and DOW/S&P all squeezing on shorts getting burned, i sold Dow friday night, just bought back half pretty much flat where i got in ! All EYESon BOJ, i wonder how much is priced in !

Hello guys. Basically I've got a few questions that I've been wanting to post for a while now. Firstly I'm pretty new to trading, I've been researching it and playing around with demo accounts for a while but now is the time to get serious with it.

Firstly, has anyone got any recommendations out their as to any decent vendors targeted at the ftse100? I ask this because a few months back I came across "FTSE Day.co.uk", I had free access to the trading rooms for about a month as they posted the password on twitter and I felt like I learned a lot from it, gave me a confidence boost with me being a complete newbie, so I was going to fork out the money to pay for a membership, however having read the review thread on here I've decided against it, so as you can imagine i'm feeling a bit deflated.

Secondly, i'm currently using the FXCM spread betting platform to trade the FTSE (demo for the time being), however i'm not a fan of the spread change after hours and also they seem to change their spreads when the market becomes volatile. The only reason I am using FXCM is simply because of it's customization and the marketscope software which I love, so if anyone can recommend a better platform to spread bet the FTSE that is of some similarity with FXCM then that would be fantastic.

I have loads more questions but I don't wanna fill what is obviously an excellent thread with my newbie questions!!

Thanks guys.

Zorbas you still short ? Just sold back out the half I bought back earlier !

Yeah, still short. It is a small position so I don't worry much.

I was thinking to hedge with the S&P , but the rise happened when I was on my way back home and caught me off guard.

I may play it Iike this tomorrow, hedge with double long position.

Definitively everything is bullish out there. we may even see Dow 14000 in the next months.

We'll see tomorrow.