Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

the us are probably all off early for the hols ....no more tesco jokes:(

time for a beer before i have some fish and some lemon horseradish sauce...

oops

Last edited:
me sipping some white wine :cheers:

These levels will offer unique opportunities. Timing will be key though.

I think on the downturn the Nikei, Dax and Cac will offer the better returns.

Selling more down here see dax back to 7640 next week ! Beers gives u the courage 😎

amazing run up this month...ftse hasn't even bothered with 6000 just ploughed staight through...

i'm not brave enough to trade overnight never mind over the week end..

The big mover next week will be AAPL . Earning after the close Jan 23.
This will probably move the market.

It was artificially held below 550 to eliminate all the LEAPS and call options that expired worthless today. It was touted last Summer and later that the better play to buy Apple is through options than owning the stock directly. Just all these options evaporated worthless. The guys who underwrote the options bought the stock with the proceedings. Now they will lead the rally.

Hi Guys

Big moves this month.
FSTE, DOW and ASX powering ahead, DAX look's weaker and AUD/USD trading nice high ranges.
Maybe with having a weak GBP at the moment, is helping to bring some overseas money into the UK share market.
BOJ is the big one on Tuesday, market is expecting them to under deliver, so anything above could see the market move higher.
US Floor traders are expecting more money into the market after the debt ceiling is raised. US market trading on 13 times earning and long term average is 15.
And not expecting a major pullback until April/May, maybe the term sell in May and go away comes in.2nd quarter earnings may also see a current top in US earnings.
Finding still okay to short scalp in this bullish market, but any moves of 10/20 points down are bought straight into this type of market condition(greed -scared of missing out). But daily swing and holds seem better to the long side.
Patience is the key, just wait for set up to come, even if takes a couple of days of waiting.
Better go my voice is a bit horse with all this talking.

Attachments

• Monthly.JPG
    Monthly.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 122
  • Compare.JPG
    Compare.JPG
    218.2 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Difficult to say what will happen Monday

Can't resist,
Just shorted some more Dow

Ha ha we are a bit of a nightmare when it comes to shorting at closes but to be fair think we made money every day last week doing it ?

Ha ha we are a bit of a nightmare when it comes to shorting at closes but to be fair think we made money every day last week doing it ?

That may be so, Talbs, but I think if you look that the maximum potential in the downswings was vastly inferior to that of the upswings. So shorts have been ploughing the least fertile ground (I know you've been on the other side as well :))