Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

160 they bought it up again.....180 they sold it off again...i suppose if we don't see real selling then it remains bullish...

Dow futures
5 min data
no sign of a breakdown as yet
w2lv8o.gif

With the earnings of GOOG , AAPL , and other tech companies coming out, Nasdaq could be a better short candidate than Dow or FTSE.

Any opinions ?

Will be interesting to see if there is much resistance at 6200/13700/1490 :-0

Must be plenty of stop orders just above these levels

Hello guys. Basically I've got a few questions that I've been wanting to post for a while now. Firstly I'm pretty new to trading, I've been researching it and playing around with demo accounts for a while but now is the time to get serious with it.

Firstly, has anyone got any recommendations out their as to any decent vendors targeted at the ftse100? I ask this because a few months back I came across "FTSE Day.co.uk", I had free access to the trading rooms for about a month as they posted the password on twitter and I felt like I learned a lot from it, gave me a confidence boost with me being a complete newbie, so I was going to fork out the money to pay for a membership, however having read the review thread on here I've decided against it, so as you can imagine i'm feeling a bit deflated.

Secondly, i'm currently using the FXCM spread betting platform to trade the FTSE (demo for the time being), however i'm not a fan of the spread change after hours and also they seem to change their spreads when the market becomes volatile. The only reason I am using FXCM is simply because of it's customization and the marketscope software which I love, so if anyone can recommend a better platform to spread bet the FTSE that is of some similarity with FXCM then that would be fantastic.

I have loads more questions but I don't wanna fill what is obviously an excellent thread with my newbie questions!!

Thanks guys.

Hi Adotsri

You need to become an independent thinker.
Okay to learn and get idea's from people.
But need to make your own decisions each day.
Take's time but will stand you better in the long term.

Went long the Nikei 225

Will try to hedge with either the Dow or Naz. Preferably naz after the close and earnings announcements

I'm felling a little dizzy at these highs on the FTSE. Just shorted at 6200.
Two key levels reached now: DOW at 13700 and FTSE at 6200.