Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

dax futures
there is major supp in 7500 area for that uptrend/orange horizontal
a good signal on friday to go short to supp.a break of aqua line to supp at first geen trendline
but now 7500 trend support and prev breakout point
fbcqa9.gif

FISCAL CLIFF

Hard to call but what a great way for the pro's to run the market down and fill their boots. If they have some inside info then that's what they will be doing so we could go into warp drive cap'n:)

Of course we need to avoid the klingons and that black hole:(

A good new year to you all

FISCAL CLIFF

Hard to call but what a great way for the pro's to run the market down and fill their boots. If they have some inside info then that's what they will be doing so we could go into warp drive cap'n:)

Indeed that certainly had occured to myself Dick...

On the other hand Markets are very high (ok Dow has dropped back) and avoiding the Fiscal Cliff only maintains the Status Quo......

A case perhaps of the Cliff being avoided and then buying the rumour and selling the facts kick in.....

Pays your money and takes your choice !

FISCAL CLIFF

dl

ftse having none of it - at ftse close on 21/12 it was 5936 with dow at 13158.
As I type dow is 12842 down 316 and ftse 5883 down 53. to have kept pace with dow ftse should be around 5780

December numbers.
ASX top and DOW bottom, have not seen that for a while.
Moving around Australia for next few weeks, hope to post on return.
Anyway back to sun, sand, sea and 30 degrees and cold drinks.:)

Gold Coast Mc weather - local weather forecast

Happy New Year All

Attachments

• Dec Variance.JPG
    Dec Variance.JPG
    224.1 KB · Views: 134
  • December.JPG
    December.JPG
    201.4 KB · Views: 122
FISCAL CLIFF

well I must say it was good fun today I think buzz lightyear might have had a hand in there tho:)

s&p quack quack ...the two little ducks came back with a little help from the fat ladies :)

those nice honest chappies on wall street did it again:)

I suspect a few klingons will be scratching their butt's now but i don't think it's over yet:)

a great end to the year..

and now for a few beers :....all the best cheers:cheers:

Got a bit of the action, too.

I think I'm going back to S&P 500 in the new year. Might do another journal.

Attachments

• sandp31122012.jpg
    sandp31122012.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 133
Blimey!! The sun is shining :eek:

At the end of 2011 FTSE stood at 5572 when DOW stood at 12298

At the end of 2012 FTSE 5898 (+326) and DOW 12930 (+632) so FTSE finished up marginally better than holding its own against DOW - 632/2 = 316 - which is some going since on 1 October 2012 FTSE was -400 weak against DOW and should have been standing at 6219 instead of 5819 had it been matching DOW performance.

Looks like FTSE more or less ignored the "fiscal cliff" DOW effect since you'd be hard pressed to put it down to a burgeoning UK economy, lol. Now that the US have papered over the cracks the DOW may move forward quite strongly and although it will drag FTSE behind it I doubt FTSE will go at the same pace since it already seems to have anticipated the "solution". Thus you'll get more bang for your buck with DOW longs and if working a pair it will be short FTSE/long DOW.

Alternatively, if the DOW doesn't like the solution it will likely tank some and FTSE will follow at a faster pace since it will likely wake up to the wider implications. In that scenario you'll get more bang for your buck with FTSE shorts, but the pair remains the same at short FTSE/ long DOW.

Dick - the ES wasn't trading until 11am uk time, hence the gap up. Looking for 6000 on FTSE futures to short, but it might have already peaked.