Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

no what you did was the correct thing based on your analysis.....problem with trading is you can learn wrong lessons....and they can form bad habits which becomes difficult to break...

coincidence or correlation is not causation

say if it had worked this time..you could be trying your luck next time until such time that one day it does not work and the entire account is wiped off due to one mistake....

so you did good....good luck for an interesting period ahead where many may get margin calls unless staying nimble....a lot of people may be hurt whether in the market or not

Again, you're right. The bit in bold hits scarily close to home and is exactly why I screwed up so badly with that position.

Trading emotionally is a killer, the market truly takes no prisoners. Since then I've been sticking to my plan and this week has been good so far. I still couldn't help but think "damn, if only...." when I was watching my charts today though lol...

Just read somewhere that its last opportunity to take out money from most of the EU banks if you still have any there. also to diversify as currencies will be crushed in next year or so. hmm...sentiments can turn so fast
I have relative in milan italy, for past few months they are limited as to how much cash they can take out of their bank accounts, think its 500 euro's/day

5100 on the books?

hard to say, the VIX implies lower levels for markets, but I have a sense that yesterdays down swing in Dow was technical and we will get technical rebound today.

5100 was a target based on possible head shoulders,

morning e_dash can you link to the post by samirs you are referring too?

Sure:

normally based on your time frame you should cut your losses...where you stop should be pre determined as part of the trade plan before you enter the trade

so you dont need to ask even yourself whether and where to exit

now for its worth if you are able to hold in to next week or so then in my humble and uneducated opinion the market will go much lower next two weeks and establish a new low ...it could be Dec lows on Dow and ES wiping out all gains so far this year.....and then will set a rally...

but it may go higher today / Tuesday...

so if it fits your timeframe and money management then you may hold on....this trade actually may turn profitable

but take a decision based on your situation, personality, probability, analysis etc.
I am not advising, suggesting or recommending any thing. Just putting my thoughts on one of the probabilities.

last day in may...i was hoping for a bit of a push up for month end

I am expecting one but mostly in US indices. Expecting rebalancing i.e. UK equities will be sold to buy US equities. So sterling may also be down since sterling will be sold to buy US equities.

ftse shot off to +40 odd strong vs dow, but master dow called it to heel. ftse still straining at the leash but it'll depend on dow giving it help.

ftse shot off to +40 odd strong vs dow, but master dow called it to heel. ftse still straining at the leash but it'll depend on dow giving it help.

morning Barjon, what u think chances of technical rebound for dow today, perhaps +80

hard to say, the VIX implies lower levels for markets, but I have a sense that yesterdays down swing in Dow was technical and we will get technical rebound today.

5100 was a target based on possible head shoulders,

have a feeling that somewhere in next 2-3 weeks we;ll get much lower on FTSE

I am expecting one but mostly in US indices. Expecting rebalancing i.e. UK equities will be sold to buy US equities. So sterling may also be down since sterling will be sold to buy US equities.

i got no idea with that kinda stuff samirs :( but in my opinion the s&p has gone out of sync with ftse..for me a 100 point rally from here would save a bit of a dodgy monthly close

i got no idea with that kinda stuff samirs :( but in my opinion the s&p has gone out of sync with ftse..for me a 100 point rally from here would save a bit of a dodgy monthly close

so when you S&P has gone out of sync what does it mean exactly? And how will be that adjusted - either by FTSE going up or SnP going down?