Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

made any headway with the whipsaw problem yet?

yes, I switch to the one minute chart and if the one minute candle closes back below the buy trigger I close the position, its a bit tedious but saves losing many points if market oscillates around one pivot

is this good/bad for the ftse samirs?

prima facie bad...because people are moving to cash...prefer no returns to negative returns...

but no one know...seem to be very uncertain times.....Draghi was supposed to speak at 4.30 but seems to have been called off due to EU parliament hearing tomorrow...

looks Europe will not get its act together and let the things go out of hand....this time government, central bankers have exhausted most policy tools so if this drifts whole market - PM, EM, risk currencies and markets can go much lower to set a new low...alternatively a strong positive surprise can lead to breathtaking rally in these oversold markets

everything seems one step away from either squeezing or plunging to new lows to me....so staying flat :sleep:

Just read somewhere that its last opportunity to take out money from most of the EU banks if you still have any there. also to diversify as currencies will be crushed in next year or so. hmm...sentiments can turn so fast

samirs I should have listened to you last week and held my FTSE position longer, you were right about the market.

samirs I should have listened to you last week and held my FTSE position longer, you were right about the market.

no what you did was the correct thing based on your analysis.....problem with trading is you can learn wrong lessons....and they can form bad habits which becomes difficult to break...

coincidence or correlation is not causation

say if it had worked this time..you could be trying your luck next time until such time that one day it does not work and the entire account is wiped off due to one mistake....

so you did good....good luck for an interesting period ahead where many may get margin calls unless staying nimble....a lot of people may be hurt whether in the market or not