Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

cable up
wallstreet up
FTSE to open higher

will wait for your trigger points

the trigger points are too far away we use dow close and gbpusd, which would say to go long. I went long on dow close using a 50pt stop, the dow looks overbought so could get technical rebound today

the trigger points are too far away we use dow close and gbpusd, which would say to go long. I went long on dow close using a 50pt stop, the dow looks overbought so could get technical rebound today

so you mean to say when the trigger points are far away you take marked direction from wallstreet and cable to pull the trigger

how did you decide dow looks overbought

so you mean to say when the trigger points are far away you take marked direction from wallstreet and cable to pull the trigger

how did you decide dow looks overbought
sorry i meant to say dow looks oversold, not overbought

sorry i meant to say dow looks oversold, not overbought

Thanks.

On a different note are we hijacking a scalping thread? Or at least I may be.

Otherwise you can start another thread on FTSE and DOW which can be broader than scalping on a 5m / 15m chart. So we dont end up hijacking this thread which was quite popular.

Thanks.

On a different note are we hijacking a scalping thread? Or at least I may be.

Otherwise you can start another thread on FTSE and DOW which can be broader than scalping on a 5m / 15m chart. So we dont end up hijacking this thread which was quite popular.

not hijacking, taking over an abandoned thread,

not hijacking, taking over an abandoned thread,

Anyone can contribute to this thread. It may have been temporarily abandoned but I will be back when the time permits. In the meantime, the few trades I am putting on are longer term for me, lasting 30 mins plus as opposed to just 1 to 2 mins. I am spending more time on the daily and hourly charts. Doesn't mean I don't miss a scalp when it is on offer.

Anyone can contribute to this thread. It may have been temporarily abandoned but I will be back when the time permits. In the meantime, the few trades I am putting on are longer term for me, lasting 30 mins plus as opposed to just 1 to 2 mins. I am spending more time on the daily and hourly charts. Doesn't mean I don't miss a scalp when it is on offer.

Glad to hear you will be back, I missed your great analysis.

Glad to hear you will be back, I missed your great analysis.

Many thanks SD. I miss trading. Have had the morning off from project management and have had a good morning trading. (+£350 from 12 trades, with only one loser of -£10) I'm still sorting out internet access so I can carry on trading onsite. The project is fairly rural and I can't always get an internet connection. Also, looks like I have to give in and sign up for BT broadband if I want to get internet access. I currently have AOL, and they don't have BTFON or BT Open Zone access.

As for analysis. The market wants to go up as a result of good AAPL results. UK GDP is slowly being forgotten. If the US can get confirmation with decent durable goods at 1:30pm, I think we will see another push back up. On the daily chart, I think we will remain range bound, unless the ES closes below 1350, and if that happens I see the range being extended lower to 1330 before a decent bounce.