Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

anyone scalping/swinging the bund thread might be nice DJ. I'd certainly get involved

You may not see too much more of me on this thread guys.. I have made more money from the Bund this week then anything else.. I may decide to switch over to it as my main market..l will have to see.

I think if ES breaks 1244 , then FTSE heads down to 5500,,, below here would be 5450 - 5475 area

Sell Short Day Martin... market wants to go down.. makes it self look strong.. trades in high end of previous day .. pops above previous days highs to sucker people in.. and then bang.. down it comes.. classic

Nice description of a sell short day.

I am really pleased for you that you did well trading the bund, just sorry to see you move on. Don't be gone for long. There will be days when the bund goes back to being boring.

Any thoughts as to where this down move may be heading, Martin?

I was expecting a down move too, it's just that the Merkel comments caught them off guard a little bit, which is why they defended it so strongly. They weren't ready for it to go down at that point.

Where it goes from here, I am not sure. The ES is currently retesting the extreme. If it holds then we will probably range off into the sunset. If it doesn't then we should see 5450 ish, and 1230 ish on the ES.

I was expecting a down move too, it's just that the Merkel comments caught them off guard a little bit, which is why they defended it so strongly. They weren't ready for it to go down at that point.

Where it goes from here, I am not sure. The ES is currently retesting the extreme. If it holds then we will probably range off into the sunset. If it doesn't then we should see 5450 ish, and 1230 ish on the ES.

ES is holding at 1235 currently which is the price it was at on the SP cash close a couple of days ago.. It is now at the bottom of its Value area from yesterday .. to go further down takes it into the previous days value area.. then 1225 beckons...

The Value area is the range of the day where 70% of the volume transacted.. movements outside previous days value area usually require help from the long term institutional traders... so you dont get in their way !!! if you see price constantly testing this range then it usually means it wants to test further into the range..

Market Profile stuff... am combining it with the Taylor Method and it is working quite well.. so far :)

ES is holding at 1235 currently which is the price it was at on the SP cash close a couple of days ago.. It is now at the bottom of its Value area from yesterday .. to go further down takes it into the previous days value area.. then 1225 beckons...

The Value area is the range of the day where 70% of the volume transacted.. movements outside previous days value area usually require help from the long term institutional traders... so you dont get in their way !!! if you see price constantly testing this range then it usually means it wants to test further into the range..

Market Profile stuff... am combining it with the Taylor Method and it is working quite well.. so far :)
DJ - I have the value areas from Larry Levin of 1256.25 and 1238.25. Where do you get your value area numbers from?

the big boys are playing this afternoon.. you can see it in the level 2 and the way they are playing the market... am sitting on my hands to be honest

He's another one of those guys who seem to make more money from education than they can from trading. If they are such good traders, why bother trying to make a buck of teaching people. That said, I have found some of his stuff useful. He says he uses market profile a lot. Nice of him to post the numbers.

The market has to find some way to absorb the extra hour of trading in the pm session before the european cash markets close. So they seem to be happy just treading water for a bit. If 5519 holds we range until 4:30pm. If it doesn't then back to 5541.

The FTSE had a violent fall on Monday/tuesday/weds, and then it was stable for the remainder of the week.

I managed around + 363 points for the week, but it was hard work. How did everyone else do ?

Keep an eye on the FTSE 5500 level ...neckline for H&S, same pattern appears on German Dax.

Feel free to share your daily charts?

Attachments

• FTSE 100  .png
    FTSE 100 .png
    16.3 KB · Views: 136
  • DAX PERFORMANCE-INDEX.png
    DAX PERFORMANCE-INDEX.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 135
...............Feel free to share your daily charts?...............

fwiw here's my take - not an analysis just my trading assumptions which set the tactics.

Since the confirmed break out (blue arrow) I've assumed the trend is up and I favour longs. The first warning light came on when the break out level was breached which removed my long bias and the low point of that breach set the future two warning light level. The subsequent price action turned off that first warning light and I am back with a long bias and thus looking for long trades.

Should that warning light come back on I'll go neutral (both long and short trades) and if the two lights come on I'll start favouring shorts.

jon

Attachments

• FTSE 100  .png
    FTSE 100 .png
    9.6 KB · Views: 138
The FTSE had a violent fall on Monday/tuesday/weds, and then it was stable for the remainder of the week.

I managed around + 363 points for the week, but it was hard work. How did everyone else do ?

Keep an eye on the FTSE 5500 level ...neckline for H&S, same pattern appears on German Dax.

Feel free to share your daily charts?

H&S cracked as forecast

I have finished trading for the day with + 80

amazing start to the week , I aim to exceed last weeks tally of + 363 points !!

feel free to follow my analysis on my blog

H&S cracked as forecast

I have finished trading for the day with + 80

amazing start to the week , I aim to exceed last weeks tally of + 363 points !!

feel free to follow my analysis on my blog

Do you work through the night and trade the globex Wallstreet?

Wish i was calling it a day before 9am. :sleep:

morning chaps

not much more to be said really looking for 5368 near term similar to last week with no rally back until woolworths has its man

Do you work through the night and trade the globex Wallstreet?

Wish i was calling it a day before 9am. :sleep:

I made + 60 on FTSE short and + 20 on nasdaq short, majority of these points were made in my sleep my friend. I just go short when the futures open @ 23.00 sunday night if I see an opportunity. I explained that there was H&S formation in play on my blog on Friday, I had the technical argument, Italy/Greece provided the fundamental argument....the remaining variables were all aligned with Risk FX and Commods indicating resistance along with the asian markets.....and then all I had to do is wake up and take my profits @ 8.00 am.

Its all about hard work and dedication my friends............ spend time on your analysis and you will be rewarded abundantly

Please visit my blog to find analysis and explanation...

FTSE 100 - now watch the neckline - this level must hold for continued weakness

5480 and 5500 !!

also note the gap must close @ 5410 !!

Attachments

• FTSE 100 (DFB)10.png
    FTSE 100 (DFB)10.png
    18.9 KB · Views: 135
That was an unusually bearish and direct sell off from the open for a monday morning. There's a 60 pt gap to be filled which looks unlikely right now, but that may change as this consolidation sorts itself out. The ES did not go onto to extend much beyond 100%, which makes me believe that we may test the upside for a bit.

That was an unusually bearish and direct sell off from the open for a monday morning. There's a 60 pt gap to be filled which looks unlikely right now, but that may change as this consolidation sorts itself out. The ES did not go onto to extend much beyond 100%, which makes me believe that we may test the upside for a bit.

nothing wrong with gap filling on a monday

we have a down up down down