Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

FTSE only has to drop another 125 in session

SS day tomorrow prefer to gap down to 5200s for that

I want Trichet back. He made me laugh.
Draghi says one question only and they ask two or three. Trichet would lay the smack down on them reporters.

I don't think that many people are trading this afternoon. Volume is relatively light. Price action is not so good this afternoon. I think the FTSE wants to go down. I'm not so sure about the ES at the moment.

Back on computers. Anyone having a problem with Firefox? I am now using Opera as my browser. The computer hung lots this morning with Firefox.

I don't think that many people are trading this afternoon. Volume is relatively light. Price action is not so good this afternoon. I think the FTSE wants to go down. I'm not so sure about the ES at the moment.

Back on computers. Anyone having a problem with Firefox? I am now using Opera as my browser. The computer hung lots this morning with Firefox.

I have had problems recently with FFox , never tried Opera...

In terms of price action.. whenever I have seen this kind movement.. it is them moving their positions round.. ready to come down tonight / tomorrow..... gives the impression that better times are coming - and them "bang" down it comes. Taylor would be able to tell you all about it

firefox does the same with me i use opera but mostly seamonkey with no probs:)

My wild ass guess is we retest the high of 5555 by 4pm and then we sell off. Today's daily range has been the smallest of the week by some way, but for some reason it doesn't feel like it.

My wild ass guess is we retest the high of 5555 by 4pm and then we sell off. Today's daily range has been the smallest of the week by some way, but for some reason it doesn't feel like it.

I have three potential shorting levels 5541, 5549 or 5563.... am hoping it pushed throughto 5563 .. we will see

Nice to know it's not just my version of Firefox that is causing headaches. I am back on firefox now, seeing if I can make the computer crash. Then if it happens I know what to blame.

While I am waffling here's a nice example of a breakout entry from a channel. It's on the ES and not the FTSE, but the principals are the same. We had a clear down sloping channel that was a consolidation after the move up from 2:00pm. We got the breakout above the upper trendline followed by a retest of that line. Then we got the continuation of that break up with a one tick break of the prior high. Breakouts are always risky, but when the market calms down a little like it has just now then there are fewer fakes.

ps I just discovered my browser problem. Seems Firefox blows a fuse when you want to add attachments.

Attachments

• 3 Nov 2011 nice channel breakout.jpg
    3 Nov 2011 nice channel breakout.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 113
I have three potential shorting levels 5541, 5549 or 5563.... am hoping it pushed throughto 5563 .. we will see

wouldnt be at all surprised to see 5563 / 75 now... this level was never really tested when it dropped down hard the other day... it would make some sense for the market to want to go make some more prints at those prices.. maybe the close will push it up to these levels

wouldnt be at all surprised to see 5563 / 75 now... this level was never really tested when it dropped down hard the other day... it would make some sense for the market to want to go make some more prints at those prices.. maybe the close will push it up to these levels

no banana

And the winner is...................5549. Would you please come up and accept your prize.

I don't fink we are done yet. Maybe our american friends will push it up one more time before the cash close at 8pm

I would give Google Chrome a try Martin. Very smooth for me, and quicker than Firefox IMO.

Thanks Chris. I think I tried Google Chrome a while ago, and it hijacked my default browser or some similar mugging. I will stick with Opera while it's working, but if I get problems there, I will try Chrome. Every time you add something new to your computer and something goes wrong, you never know what caused it.

Just curious...
what's your criteria for thinking that ftse wants to go down? Do you see a perceived lag between ES movements and ftse movements? On my chart, there have been 2 pin bars today through yesterdays high/resistance on each occasion ftse has tried to retrace. Couldn't you just as easily say that it refuses to go down?

Attachments

• 2011-11-3_ARL_51158.jpg
    2011-11-3_ARL_51158.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 99