Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

My main criteria this morning was would the selling continue or would we have a dead cat bounce. The gap was only 15 points so for me not really an issue.

As for trying to get in on a steep trend already under way, I have attached some comments for you on the two charts. You can enter on pullbacks to the 5 EMA or again wait for 1 tick breaks down in direction of trend.

nice charts and nice to get an insight in to anothers trading are you realy as calm as you make it sound

Anyone doing anything about the 5000 level, which is where it is now? I entered a short trade at 1308Don't know the level you guys use but am trading cash at 5020.8 entry

Anyone doing anything about the 5000 level, which is where it is now? I entered a short trade at 1308Don't know the level you guys use but am trading cash at 5020.8 entry

Entered one long but it hit my stop. Going to wait it out for a bit until we see a definite direction.

Lol. What a rollercoaster of a day! Another long at 5031 hit my TP at 5046.

What did you see that I didn't? I thought that that area was well overbought. Of course, I'm not, really, scalping like you guys, I try for a little bit longer.. I'm just following your thread.

it's trading over mid point volume on the hourly bar at 5006.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_02 Aug. 19 14.40.gif
    ScreenHunter_02 Aug. 19 14.40.gif
    53.9 KB · Views: 187
"turned out nnice again ant it" in best george formby accent

still have my long positions which is very comfotable for me I may trade with a short cover intraday but for now Im just watching it do its thing I would like 50k off this trade then Im offski

What did you see that I didn't? I thought that that area was well overbought. Of course, I'm not, really, scalping like you guys, I try for a little bit longer.. I'm just following your thread.

Retraced back to just above the 10 ema and I hit it on momentum.I use a 3 minute chart and aim for 15 points. Just entered again at 5077, TP hit at 5092.

nice charts and nice to get an insight in to anothers trading are you realy as calm as you make it sound

Compared to a swing or position trader, I probably look as calm as a 4 yr old who needs a wee! But for me, I was relatively calm this morning. As a short term trader, I have to make a lot of decisions very quickly and pack it all in to a short period of time. I was done by 9:30am and had made 90 pts. The majority of my trades were under 2 minutes long! My biggest winner was 13 pts, and my biggest loser 5.5pts.

looking for three good up days from the FTSE and two from the DOW slightly lagging but towards the 11300 mark

My main criteria this morning was would the selling continue or would we have a dead cat bounce. The gap was only 15 points so for me not really an issue.

As for trying to get in on a steep trend already under way, I have attached some comments for you on the two charts. You can enter on pullbacks to the 5 EMA or again wait for 1 tick breaks down in direction of trend.

Martin, many thanks for this. Good to get your thoughts on it.

once again the first half hour breakout would have been on the cards this morning which would put us in the 5165.2 and then 5181.5 daily targets

once again the first half hour breakout would have been on the cards this morning which would put us in the 5165.2 and then 5181.5 daily targets

:D I'm trying something new, this morning, and am still waiting for an entry!

Haven't seen one of these for a while, but it has been a one way day. Very strong buying first thing, and confirmation came by way of the 1 minute candle at 8:29am, which was a strong pushback off a down move. It was also the third highest volume 1mc of the day.

One way days, rarely retrace more than 23%, and is made up of lots of small candles on the 5 min chart. One way days make new highs steadily throughout the morning.

I have a target of 5178.5 the next pivot up, or 5193.5 which is my next level up. I would not be surprised if they didn't get hit as it is already 12:20pm and a lot of this rise is already in the price. How much of this rise is due to the news from Libya is hard to tell. My guess is that the US will also open up relatively bullishly on the Libya news, and this will set us up for a reality check tomorrow. We have a load of manufacturing data released tomorrow, and all I can see is lots of disappointment and a big red day. But I will try not to have a bias and trade what I see.

first daily target hit now the 2nd should come after US has a chance to get onboard. so a dip buy on the DOW is what we are looking for no rush to jump in though let the price develop once 2nd target on FTSE then US can make a move

2nd target hit
time to have a break let DOW do its thing and come back at 4pm